Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Surprised Trudeau didn't force the election to take advantage of O'Toole being a virtual unknown

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  2. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

It only makes sense if he thinks he has momentum to get a majority. The numbers aren't there yet IMO even with O'Toole being unknown.

3. Gerald

I'm not sure that it really matters anymore who is leader of any major party. Identity politics has taken a strong hold in Canada and people seem to be blindly voting and supporting parties regardless of leadership and platforms.

4. C. Mike Hunt

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rob-anders-charged-cra-tax-evasion-court-calgary-1.5742965

Former Calgary MP Rob Anders faces tax evasion charges

Former Calgary MP Rob Anders — a long-time crusader for lower taxes who helped found the Conservative Party of Canada — has been charged amid allegations of tax evasion during the time he held his seat, federal prosecutors have confirmed to CBC News.

Anders faces five charges laid earlier in September under the Income Tax Act with offences alleged between 2012 and 2018, as first reported by the National Post on Tuesday.

The former Calgary West MP held his seat from 1997 to 2015, first for the Reform Party and then for the Conservative Party.

He faces:

• Three charges of making a false or deceptive statement for the tax years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
    • One charge of obtaining or claiming a refund to which he was not entitled or in amounts greater than to which he was entitled for the tax years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
    • One charge of evading payment of taxes between April 1, 2012, and June 30, 2015.
    Prosecutor Tyler Lord said the Crown will proceed summarily — meaning if Anders is found guilty, the penalties are less than proceeding by indictment.

If convicted, Anders could face up to two years in jail and fines between 50 and 200 per cent of the evaded taxes.

(more on link)

5. Grifter

Bluh?

Nick84 likes this.
  6. Grifter

Bluh?

7. Grifter

Bluh?

8. Grifter

Bluh?

Nick84 likes this.
  9. 17

teenage dirtbag

It’s not “what about this”, anyone who does anything against the law should be investigated and prosecuted regardless of political affiliation. It’s not a “ win” when the other side does something illegal.

Grifter, C. Mike Hunt and chainsaw like this.
  10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

This

11. Grifter

Bluh?

It's also not about only posting about one party. I was pointing out that there are flaws on both sides of the fence but he always seems to forget that. I do agree though, it definitely isn't a win when the other side does something illegal. That was also sort of what I meant. Just pointing out the bias.

Nick84 likes this.
  12. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

You pointed out flaws on both sides of the fence by posting articles about one side of the fence? Thanks?

13. 17

teenage dirtbag

It was a posted article about a influential member of the CPC doing shady shit. It wasn’t a “gotcha”, I wouldn’t have even seen the article if it wasn’t for him posting it as I try to keep my social media feed politics free and rely on this site and similar ones to get my news.

for the party that calls everyone snowflakes some of you guys are pretty sensitive :lol:

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  14. Grifter

Bluh?

I'm in my man period! Leave me alone! Anybody have some wine? I feel like I need some wine and bbq chips with a side of hagendaas!

17 likes this.