Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. C. Mike Hunt

2. boing

Banned

You mean like Mark Normam, Richard Zussman, Global News, Althia Raj, Howard Anglin, Jagmeet Sigh, Bill Blair, Justin Trudeau, I tried to follow Gerald Butts but he blocked me and I have no idea why, seriously. I have some US right wing but I follow them because of their gun views like Colion Noir, Joe Rogan, Steve Rinella and more. I really like Steve he is one very down to earth man, love his show meat eater it's a hunting show on Netflix.

I Follow Political MP's of all stripes, I don't follow Assange and I have even said before I don't follow rebel news you guy just assume that I do because I post it.
    The same with Andrew and Fox News he is convinced I have that wired straight into my head :lol: I don't think I have watched FOX since the Late 80's when we Feral folk finally got cable TV and it wasn't news, I was watching mind numbing sitcoms. I post a Fox article for [​IMG] and he goes for it every time.
    I get feeds full of information from all sides of the political spectrum, music, chefs and Broadway Shows. The only ones that I am posting here are the extreme ones. Dog or God ,which ever one you follow, if all I read was right wing posts I would be in a straight jacket all ready and in a rubber room bouncing off the walls.
    I am not far right in fact I am now closer to center right then before. I used to down in the middle of that libertarian right purple square.
    [​IMG]

3. Grifter

Bluh?

Steven Rinella is definitely a guy I admire. Learn alot from him, love his podcasts and his show. Good YouTube channel as well.

boing likes this.
  4. Wayne

- Obama DNC speech causes Trump to rage tweet all night
    - Twitter responds to Trump's tweeting by trolling him with #trumpmeltdown tag
    - Court has denied Trump's lawsuit and ordered his taxes be given to New York officials
    - Steve Bannon who was part of Trump's campaign and good friend gets arrested for stealing money from people via a fraudulent GoFundMe campaign related to "the wall" rhetoric
    - That arrest was by US Postal Agents...the irony being Trump has been trying to handicap the US Postal service for his own political gains
    - The people arrested with Steve Bannon bought boats using stolen money to parade around in the Boaters for Trump rallies
    - Trump comes out and says he had nothing to do with that campaign and didn't like it
    - Don Jr has been ousted as given a speech for that campaign to lure money out of people, and gave a glowing testimonial

Am I missing anything...the day is only half over!

How is this relevant? It's not per say...but I swear to fuck if we elect some Trump like asshat I will lose my shit.

Scott likes this.
  5. Scott

rawr

Trump only hires the best people :lol:

6. 17

teenage dirtbag

He either 1) purposely surrounds himself with criminals or 2) is too stupid to realize he’s surrounded himself with criminals

Scott and Grifter like this.
  7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Trump is going to the supreme court so he can block people on Twitter :rofl:

boing and Wayne like this.
  8. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Is there a reason you insist on using my real name instead of my username on here. It's that combined with continually mentioning other things you know about on here (stuff about my kids, etc) that, on top of your completely fucked up posts, make me think you're a loose cannon with an agenda.

9. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Obama's speech last night was awesome. We listened to it while eating supper. Typically, we turn off the news or switch to music while we eat as a family but we all sat in silence and listened to the entire thing. He is such an eloquent man and he finally took his gloves off with his thoughts on how Trump is handling things. It was amazing. Michelle's speech was also great.

Wayne likes this.
  10. boing

Banned

I have mentioned your kids once Andy so settle down, always so angry :(
    Others use you name here so I just thought it was okay?
    You insult me about the way I have been raised, my political views so it's just friendly banter on the tubes right?
    You just thought I was some dumb bumpkin and you under estimated your foe as, you know some "Feral hillbilly"?
    [​IMG]
    What do you think my loose cannon agenda is little Andy? Oh I would love to have a cannon :bounce:
    What's spinning around in that ALT LEFT head of yours that you think I am going to do come on sharing is caring Andy let's hear it.

11. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

The way you act and present yourself on here is the way I imagine folks who end up "snapping" act before they do something irrational and violent. I don't need to become a statistic and then have everyone else on RC look at these posts going, "yep, all the signs were here".

I don't care if you think I'm exaggerating. My ask is just that you fuck right off. Thanks.

12. boing

Banned

That's funny because I see the same thing in you with all your anger, snapping on a coworker or elsewhere on someone just because your rage gets out of control.
    Down there I see you saying or doing something to to the wrong person and ending up in a world of hurt just because you can't hold your anger in anymore. I would just hate to see that happen to anyone even you.

I will see what I can do but I can't make any promises, especially with all the times you have told me to fuck off or fuck that guy :shrug2:

13. chainsaw

Jesus Christ man let it go and move on. I don't have any idea who you are but it is getting troubling... just saying

Grifter likes this.
  14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah, enough of that.

C. Mike Hunt and Grifter like this.
  15. Grifter

Bluh?

I don't even know what to say. So what does everyone think about Trudeau extending the CERB another month and revamping EI?

I'm glad he's revamping EI. Honestly, that does need to be updated to reflect today's world. But extending the CERB is a mistake in my eyes. Another $38 billion? We need to start investing these billions he's borrowing into restarting the economy. The defect keeps ballooning and he's not demonstrating much that shows me he wants to restart it. Keeps talking about it but not making any actions. I understand people need money. I get that. And they will spend it. Sure. But we need better steps forward. In my opinion. Some people actually WANT to work, let's figure out ways to make that happen.

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Looks like O'Toole is the new leader of the CPC

17. Grifter

Bluh?

His speech was pretty good. Watched the results live, definitely surprised that he beat McKay by so much. But his acceptance speech was pretty damn good.

18. LMAC

_

And they probably wont win the next election, why didn't they vote MacKay in

19. LMAC

_

Also i read the title and though they voted a woman in... but it wasn't ha

20. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I have to read up on o'toole... don't know much about him. I know he wants to cancel the carbon tax which I think is a big mistake. If provinces are left to handle it on their own, they won't do shit.

21. LMAC

_

that might get him in though

22. C. Mike Hunt

23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah the more I read about his views, the less I'm thinking about him :/ Most will have no idea who he even is so that pretty much rules him out of the next election, especially if it's called sooner than later. He's going to need some time to prove himself before an election.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  24. C. Mike Hunt

And Scheer's comments last night about the Post Millennial being impartial and independent...he still wonders why nobody took him seriously.

25. Nick84

Haven't been following him but so far seems pretty good. Defunding the CBC is long over due.

Grifter likes this.
  26. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Why the hate on for the CBC? I think it's an extremely important part of Canadian culture and having a public broadcaster is a must.

27. Grifter

Bluh?

Doesn't bother me one bit he wants to defund the CBC. :shrug2:

Cable news or whatever you want to call it, going the way of the do do. It came up quite a bit last night that people were complaining the broadcast would *miss prime time* or *miss the print deadline*. 10 years ago I guess that would have mattered more. But does anyone here actually have cable anymore? Does anyone here watch their news on live TV broadcast or do you tune in via a phone or some other steaming device? Does anyone actually buy a newspaper anymore?

I get the CBC is a Canadian history thing, but no one is saying it shouldn't be. But to put it bluntly, pulling the plug on grandpa is inevitable, and CBC is perhaps past its time. :shrug2:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  28. Nick84

Its extremely divisive with the way they choose to report their stories by leaving out facts. But its okay if it exists, just not funded by the government.

tribeachpunk likes this.
  29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

CBC is a lot more than just TV news. Anything I watch from CBC is on their YouTube channel or their app :o

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Interesting. So you feel like CBC news is #fakenews ?

31. Scott

rawr

The whole Scheer speech was cringe worthy. Glad we won't have to listen to his BS anymore.

I had hopes for Mackay. Really surprised at how bad he lost. Thought it would be closer.

C. Mike Hunt and Grifter like this.
  32. 17

teenage dirtbag

I thought he would get it for sure. I don’t love the guy but his potential platform aligned with my thoughts more than I thought they would. As I research O’Toole today, not exactly loving what I see. I guess we’ll see how the next few years play out but right now I’m not sold on anyone.

33. Nick84

This is where its so insidious. Nothing they say is factually inaccurate. Its what they leave out, not what they say. They shouldn't be funded by tax payers if they are going to spin news the way they do.

tribeachpunk and Grifter like this.
  34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Any examples you can point out? I don't think there's a single news producing outlet that does a good job of being completely factual and unbiased.

Grifter likes this.
  35. Wayne

At least CBC isn't owned by the Irvings because they own all the other news sources in NB.