Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

It is if you live in Canada! :)

Wayne likes this.
  2. boing

Banned

It's a very good article, we are having issues out here in BC now that the government is opening things up again. People are not following the rules and our numbers are starting to go back up. We were doing so well here and now we have break outs in Kelowna and another on Hida Gwaii that is really bad because they are concerned about the elders.
    The warm weather is bringing everyone out to the beaches, parks and downtown and they are just going about thing like it's business as usual :banghead:

3. Grifter

Bluh?

boing likes this.
  4. boing

Banned

To be fair the provincial health officers are the ones that should be given any credit for anything that has been done not Trudeau since it is them that have done everything. I know BC's Dr, Henry has been a super star getting things done and from what I have read in some articles like the one just posted others have as well. So I am not sure why Justin is getting all the fame here for throwing a bunch of money around?
    This gives a nice breakdown on the early days here
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...-into-canada-s-early-covid-19-plans-1.4886560

5. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Agreed that Trudeau doesn't deserve credit for a lot of how it was handled but he did set a precedent and tone for how it should be approached. Compare & contrast to how his neighbor to the South has handled things. Someone needed to stand up and lead, set the tone, and also help out financially where possible.

6. boing

Banned

Yes if there is one thing Trudeau knows how to do it's spend money. If you call standing up and leading hiding in rideau cottage and only coming out once a day for a 20 news brief and staged questions.
    The CERB is helping people I have no issues with that and it's going to be a long while for them to clean up all the mistakes that were made with it.
    It's easy to look back and judge BUT, our borders should have been locked down a lot sooner or at least better screening with the knowledge that they had. They waited too long. But again it's easy to say that now and I know I can't have it both ways.
    I am starting to ramble so I better stop for now. I will proof read and make corrections in the morning :pillhead:

Grifter likes this.
  7. Grifter

Bluh?

I whole heartedly agree and these are your best posts on the subject yet.

8. Scott

rawr

to be fair, all Canadians were being asked to stay home, work from home, etc. Lead by example. If he's going to ask Canadians to do it, he can at least do it himself. Just look at the folks calling foul when he left to do a BLM protest.

People going to complain no matter what he did

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yep. He stood in front of the nation and led. Told us to follow the medical professionals and rapidly got financial aid out to those immediately impacted. Trump got in front of the nation, told everyone the virus would disappear, and then paraded some CEOs around for advertising.

10. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

11. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

It’s interesting - from my perspective and from everyone I know and talk to here in the US, they pointed to Trudeau and his “hiding in Rideau Cottage and only coming out once a day” as true leadership.

- he addressed what was going on
    - he led by example with isolation - only him at the stand, socially distanced, staying at home.
    - his government still managed to get CERB up and running. Flawed, yes

Compare and contrast with Donald Trump:

- daily news conferences with a crowd of people all jammed on a stage together
    - mostly providing misinformation and blatantly contradicting the scientific community and Dr. Fauci standing next to him.

And now look where the US is vs. Canada.

12. boing

Banned

But with Justin it's all about the photo OP, that's why he did the BLM, but the next day he wouldn't attend the D day ceremony in Ottawa. Even though it was outside not crowded...

13. boing

Banned

Okay let's start
    Leadership, Justin has the media in his pocket period, he had to isolate for 14 day because Sophie got the covid but he continued to isolate for ~50 days even after Sophie and the kids moved to their shack in Quebec #CowardOfTheCottage was even trending on twitter I think. He was hiding because he didn't want to go into the HOC and face the opposition questioning. Plain and simple.
    (sorry not on my night time meds so might get a little off here and I am not going to take any just to post here because my whole day will be ruined :lol: )
    You don't shut down Parliament in the middle of a pandemic how do you LEAD by doing that?
    You mentioned a crowd of people all cramped together on.....they are not on stage with Justin but there is not much social distancing going on there or PPE
    [​IMG]

14. boing

Banned

Let's see how he does after his 3 hour under oath testimony today

I always wonder where these are taken but I also know people don't follow politics like I do.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  15. boing

Banned

22 min or 338Canada.com who are You going to believe?

16. Nick84

Very different situations.

California alone has more people than all of Canada. I’d like to see how well we’re doing when adjusted for population and rate of spread including terrorist riots.

Population of Canada 37.59 million (2019)

Population of California 39.51 million (2019)

Population of the USA 328.2 million (2019)

How about some notable events:

January 23 - WHO meets again and decides NOT to declare the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC).

January 30 - The United States issues a Level 4 travel advisory for all of China.
    January 30 - Canada says that it would be discriminatory to block travelers from China.

January 31 - The United States declares the novel coronavirus a public health emergency.
    January 31 - Canada won't follow U.S. and declare an emergency over coronavirus or put restrictions on the movement of foreign nationals.

March 13 - The United States declares a national emergency

April 3 - The United States announces that it is recommending people wear nonmedical cloth masks to help contain the spread of the coronavirus
    April 3 - Canada says “There is no need to use a mask for well people.” and “Putting a mask on an asymptomatic person is not beneficial, obviously if you’re not infected”

April 14: Trudeau under fire for Easter trip despite urging Canadians to ‘sacrifice’ plans. Calls on Canadians to “stay home” and “Skype that big family dinner,” but crosses the provincial border from Ottawa into Quebec to visit his wife and three children.

Let’s not forget all the Liberals, New Nazi’s, Neo-Marxist and Anti-Fascist Fascists rioting and destroying Liberal cities spreading the virus everywhere. Infected Liberals are probably intentionally spreading it in red cities to hurt orange man. They would be rioting in Canada and spreading it here if the Conservatives were in power.

Trudeau is an over cooked ham and will take any chance he gets to be on TV. I wont knock him for the CERB though. And I do enjoy when his own Liberals try to get him to pick a fight with Trump but he never takes the bait and stays polite.

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

We all isolated for 2+ months... not sure why you find it unusual the leader of the country would as well?

18. Grifter

Bluh?

I think it's bold to say we all isolated for 2+ months. My family never really "isolated" per say. We still had to go get groceries. We still had to go to work.... Did our daily activities decrease. You bet. But isolated is pretty far fetched to suggest.

boing likes this.
  19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I was the only one in my household who went out. Wife and daughter stayed put for a solid 2 months. Then again, we now have 0 cases of covid-19 so maybe things were taken more seriously here :o

20. Scott

rawr

Got a date on that photo? Looks rather cold/snowy, well before people had to social distance and wear PPE.

21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

March 16th 2020 so super early in the whole thing. It hadn't even hit here yet.

Scott likes this.
  22. C. Mike Hunt

If you're going to post a poll, post the national results. You posted results from Ontario only.

[​IMG]

23. boing

Banned

Not the source I was looking for but it's the first one I found and it's close enough and as for the date of the picture he was called out on crowding in the press tent and it was stopped and there was also the issue where he had the RCMP strong arm and throw out a reporter he didn't want there because he would ask unscripted questions.
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/worl...-quarantine/story-mSDvlLHPOTjxgO4gukkqhL.html

24. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Link to the reporter story please. That article just talks about him isolating which, during a pandemic is a good idea imo.

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Are you seriously trying to imply the US did a better job of combatting coronavirus than Canada?

Looking out my window and wonders what it would be like to try and function without a logical brain.

Your comments on the protests that have been raging are over the top - both misinformed and bigoted.

26. Grifter

Bluh?

I was meaning I doubt very highly that everyone isolated. And the population is quite a bit less there Steveypoopoo. :lol:
    I'd recon it's been taken about the same across the country. Always going to have those that wear a mask and those that don't.

27. Grifter

Bluh?

This question period where he's testifying is a joke. As soon as Pierre Polievre got his time and actually started to grill him and hold him accountable it was getting really good and Trudeau was visibly getting flustered. And then all of a sudden the speakers power goes out and they had to stop it? And now all he's getting are people talking about different programs he's doing and not asking any questions about what happened with WE? The entire reason this meeting is happening? And then they run out of time? What a fucking joke!

Man I hate the way our country is running. No accountability, and people would let people get away with anything so long as they are wearing the same brand name.

:grumble:

28. boing

Banned

29. boing

Banned

As much as I hate to say it the Bloc and Charlie Angus did the best job holding him accountable.
    Justin was his typical self not answering and diverting questions with how important HE is and how much good HE is doing and has done.

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Scott likes this.
  31. boing

Banned

What does it look like to you?
    To me it look likes Canada could have done a little better by following some of what #TRUMP2020 did :hmpf:

Have you thought about owning a gun yet? :elgranto::guns:

Nick84 likes this.
  32. boing

Banned

But like I said STILL a reporter or are you in favor of the government silencing the press that they don't approve of?

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

They are a right wing extremist propaganda machine that hides behind the guise of a being a news organization.

34. boing

Banned

I am not disagreeing BUT they are still a NEWS group and have a press pass so Justin stepped on his dick by throwing him out can we agree on that?

35. C. Mike Hunt

Trudeau didn't kick them out of his press conference. The RCMP did because they didn't have proper credentials (their self-issued "press pass" didn't cut it.) Credentialing was overseen by the Parliamentary Press Gallery, which has refused to admit them on the grounds that they are advocacy groups and not legitimate media outlets.

tl;dr Rebel, TNC, Post Millennial etc aren't news outlets.