Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. boing

Banned

HairyAssHairyAss got caught trying to scam the CERB system early on. I don't remember if he paid it back or if he kept it and will have to pay when he tries to cross the border next time he tries to come home :ohnoes:

:kekeke:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  2. 17

teenage dirtbag

The average canadian family has $852 in savings according to stats can

that doesnt leave a lot of wiggle room to pay bills while waiting for eligibility and even something as seemingly small as that would erode the economy quickly to the point where it would snowball into more of a looming recession/depression than we are currently facing.

there are a hundred more things to be outraged over than this

Grifter likes this.
  3. Grifter

Bluh?

I'm not outraged over it. I'm just saying ad it to the pile of bull shit. :lol:.

And I get that there are families in need. I get that it had to be done quickly. But I'm not going to say it makes it okay to give it to fraudsters. Most people on here are willing to forgive every fuck up our government is making all because "times are tough". You know what? Times were tough before this and will be tough during and after.

Guess I'm alone in thinking a country should be held to a high standard even during a speed bump in its history.

4. boing

Banned

RC Political Post

5. boing

Banned

Statistics Canada or " 1717 Stats can" where you just make up what ever you want and just pull numbers out of you ass and can't provide info on it.

6. 17

teenage dirtbag

for someone who cant remember my name, you definitely think about me a lot.

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Just to be clear, you brought up Trudeau not having the career experience to draw on and lying as some of the reasons you are anti Trudeau. You were also a big Scheer supporter when he was running for Prime Minister. Scheer has less career experience than Trudeau and has also been caught up in many a lie. Bit hypocritical is it not?

Grifter likes this.
  8. Grifter

Bluh?

It would be if Scheer was running the country and mattered? As soon as I found out his shortcomings and misdeeds, I stopped supporting him. You don't see me saying he should be PM, or defending him in any way, so the argument is completely irrelevant.

Trudeau is running our country. He is in a position of power. He has the choices put in front of him and is deciding what happens to Canada. Scheer? He's laid on his sword and is done. That being said, when his hands were caught in the cookie jar, he showed more spine and conscience than Trudeau ever has. :lol:

But, yeah, it's a completely pointless comparison.

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Scheer didn't lay on his sword. Scheer got caught lying and clearly misusing campaign donations (CPC approved it? They are also misusing funds) and he is still here. Falling on his sword would be him standing up in the house of commons and saying 'You know what, I've been guilty of lying to Canadians and have some questionable financial dealings in politics. I'm going to resign right now and I think Mr. Trudeau should do the same"

boing and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  10. Grifter

Bluh?

That's fair, but he still resigned, which is more than Trudeau has ever done. And he's been caught doing way worse than Scheer has ever done.
    I'm still not saying Scheer is a great guy, but he's a far better man than Trudeau.

11. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Isn't it pretty typical for the leader of the opposition party to resign if they lose? He didn't resign because it was honorable. He resigned because his party recognized that they weren't going to get anywhere with him steering the ship.

OK let's back up. You're talking like they knowingly gave money away to fraudsters, which is like saying a store gave product away to thieves. The didn't give it to fraudsters; people defrauded the government. Just like they don't give money to Tax Cheats or EI scammers. It's pretty straight forward.

12. Grifter

Bluh?

By not doing a screening process they pretty well did.

13. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Then you'd be complaining that they took too long to get it out. It can't go both ways. Oh wait, I guess they could have hired a bunch of people to check the claims were legit but then you'd complain about over spending. It's like modding cars. Fast, reliable and cheap. Pick two. You want the claims paid out quickly and filtered, it's going to be expensive. Want it paid out to only legit claims with little increase in costs, it's not going to be fast. Want it paid out cheap and fast, its not going to be vetted perfectly.
    They were defrauded, we were defrauded. Your issue is with the people making claims when they shouldn't have.

14. Grifter

Bluh?

Okilydokily! Thanks for telling me where my issues are! Lord commander! Also, your assumption I'd complain it took to long is absolutely incorrect. I would rather something be done right than be done wrong. But hey, you're telling me what I would do and how to think, so I guess I should just thank you.

I-dont-care-meme-the-face-you-make-don-t-care-meme.jpg

15. boing

Banned

For someone who called ME an Idiot I did't forget your name I have quite an amazing memory and if you can show me where I did go right ahead but I do remember saying that I didn't think the tags WORKED for your name because the preview doesn't show up like it does for the longer name but now that I know it works I will use it :kiss:
    Okay?
    Want to pull something out of your ass now and then backpedal for a few hours or just admit you were wrong?
    But to be honest I think I am living rent free in your head there Aaron :shrug2:

16. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Am I wrong? Have you not said that your issue was that it was paid out too fast and mistakes were made or am I just imagining that?

17. Grifter

Bluh?

Can you read? You have a phone or a mouse. Read through my posts. If you're confused, that's on you, not me. Assuming what I would respond with does not make you correct, nor does it give your arguments merit. Just like telling me how to think gains you no ground.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some steaks to season.

boing likes this.
  18. boing

Banned

But that's what Cheddar does, then he will just pull the "You can't have it both ways" line after you give your opinion :lol:
    Remember always check with Cheddar before thinking or having an opinion on something because you want to make sure you don't have it both ways.

Grifter likes this.
  19. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Late to the party on this one - I’ve been camping, it was glorious.

People bring up Scheer because he was the alternative to Trudeau at election time. You’ve both stated you’re a Conservative and that you supported Scheer up until you didn’t. It’s logical, therefore, when you post something negative about Trudeau to ask you how Scheer and/or the Conservatives would have done a better job. There isn’t a clear new leader of the party yet so you get to live with the swine that still sticks his ugly mug on camera as often as he can.

And something I’ll say again - take a look around the world at how this pandemic has been handled. Canada is doing a *lot* better than most countries around the world. In a lot of areas, the pandemic is under control, and there wasn’t a massive unemployment surge. Compare and contrast to places like, say, the US.

So, yes, you can criticize Trudeau for making mistakes but remember you’re doing it from a privileged perch compared to most of the rest of the world. You’re not saying how it could have been done better other than “don’t make mistakes” which it has already been pointed out - taking more precautions would have slowed down the response and you would be complaining about that.

The fraud that is happening is not unique to Canada. Many states here in the US have crippled EI systems due partly to huge amounts of fraud that they can’t keep up with. I was caught up in an EI scam here where someone tried to steal my identity and claim EI. I was able to block that but am still trying to get through to the over worked EI office to get my SSN unlinked from a fraudsters email address in the system.

All to say - if you don’t like the heat, stop posting every time you find an article that backs up your story that Trudeau is a horrible Prime Minister, especially when it comes to this subject, where you look arrogant and have nothing to say on it of any substance.

Grifter likes this.
  20. Grifter

Bluh?

I'll keep posting articles that show mistakes, as there is rarely any news for us Conservatives to elate in posted on RC due to the overwhelming bias. It's refreshing to post an "I told you so" every now and then. And while I can dream of the day the folks of RC's Chosen One gets torn from his throne and he goes crying to Mommy saying he was bullied and we get some blue at Rideau and start to clean up the mess the Red Sea left behind? That day I'll be revelling and posting every bit of news I can find.

As for debates of substance;

Im legitimately sorry im not as skilled at debating as all of you University/better educated folk. I do try.
    But when it comes to things I'm better at than you? I won't be belittling or rubbing in that you're not as good at is as I am. There in lies the difference. I won't be trying to make you feel as bad. When it comes to politics, my stance is my choice. I enjoy the debate on here, and I've shared that with some of you via PM. None of this is taken personally, but it does piss me off when I'm pointing out mistakes and I get told "how to think, or what to do. Or what my problems actually are.". My opinions are my own. My stance is my own. It doesn't make me wrong or entitle anyone to tell me how I should change. My posts have typically been of a "Trudeau fucked up". Not a you're wrong and should change your mind. I may say you're a dirty liberal. Never would I tell you it's not your prerogative. If the situation was reversed and it was a conservative government right now ,I'd never tell you to not post articles saying how they fucked up. If someone makes a mistake, how can they fix it if they never knew they made it?

Besides, where would RC be if we didn't have conservative/liberal arguments? Brings some traffic to a quiet site. Let's fuck off with the telling each other what to do shall we?

21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I’m saying you’re posting from a seat of privilege you’ve yet to acknowledge. Of course we should hold our government to account but I have yet to see one post saying how the Conservatives would have done better - to say they would have handled the pandemic response without error is ludicrous. I also remember the Harper years and his tendency to shut up scientists and don’t think Canada would be in a better spot at this point in time under Conservative rule.

Grifter likes this.
  22. Grifter

Bluh?

I can't say how the conservatives would have done better because it's something I dont KNOW. They aren't in the hot seat right now dealing with it. I can speculate that I THINK they would have done better and I BELIEVE they would have been more fiscally responsible, but it's not something I know.

So if we want to argue hypotheticals we can change the subject.

When it comes to Covid, sure we have done better than many countries. But in that sense, you could say the same about multiple other countries who have faired better than us. Me? I want Canada to be the best. I want Canada to thrive. I maintain; I guess on RC, Im one of the few who holds our country to a higher standard. I'm not happy just saying, "well we're doing better than those guys". I want to say "we did the best.". Does that mean I'm sitting in a position of privilege? Not really. It means I'm no different than anyone else in Canada, or the US, or Europe, or Asia. Means I'm just like anyone else in almost any other Country that has internet or a cell phone with a data plan and the ability to look shit up.

Bringing up Harper or other politicians is pure conjecture. It seems to me you're more wanting to debate possibilities than what's actually happening. Maybe because nobody wants to admit the government has made many mistakes and don't have the "moral authority to govern" anymore?

Whenever I bring up something negative about how Trudeau has done, nobody other than me, or Boing are willing to say "yeah, they fucked up". It's always "well maybe the investigation will show they should have made a different choice" or "I'll wait to see what the ethics watchdog says and then forgive him anyway". And then we are made to feel like we are wrong for pointing out a mistake was made by the government and "yeah? Well. What would you have done or what would Scheer have done?". When nobody fucking cares what Scheer would have done cause he'll never get to fucking do it! And I don't have the answers, I just know a mistake was made. But my point doesn't count because I'm not trained or experienced enough in politics to confidently say what I would do differently that would have altered the outcome to something better.

It's a frustrating thing, but I keep coming back because I enjoy it and want to one day say "ya'll were wrong and you put us in this sinking ship, but don't worry, cause McKay or O'Toole or Joe Blow turned into a better prime minister with more ethics and integrity than the blow hard wasted nut job you all chose to praise and let ruin our country. Now we all are sitting in a position of fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget! It may take 40 years to get out of the 1 trillion debt that fucktard dug us into. But at least we started to pay it off and not work towards seeing if we can break 2 trillion!".

boing likes this.
  23. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Bringing up Harper may be conjecture but you got mad when folks brought up Scheer. Should I make assumptions and switch to McKay? All I’m trying to say is, “show me what would have worked better”. It’s Really Fucking Easy to criticize. Things in Canada overall wrt Covid are actually fucking
    Amazing compared to the rest of the world. Full stop. Enjoy that, figure out the next steps forward.

signed, the guy living in a country considering uprooting his entire family and situation to move back to Canada partly because of the amazing job they’ve done.

24. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'm sure it makes you feel better to think that conservatives just get heat on here because of RC bias but the conservative party and platform has been pretty out of touch for a long time time now. That's kind of proven by the fact that Trudeau is on his second term even if he has made mistakes. If Trudeau resigned right now in embarrassment and there was an election, the conservatives would still lose :rofl:

25. Wayne

I believe this to be true as well. Conservatives have too few good ideas to get the votes, and their bad ideas are really bad.

In the meantime, Trudeau even when fucking up he comes out looking like a better option.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  26. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

It's a sad position to be in. We shouldn't be picking the least worst leaders :/

Grifter likes this.
  27. 17

teenage dirtbag

yup

scheers campaign was "vote for me im not trudeau" and people were still like "nah"

2019 was an EASY election to win for them. They couldnt do it

chainsaw, Scott, boing and 3 others like this.
  28. Scott

rawr

the sad thing is, I see Mackay doing more of this.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  29. C. Mike Hunt

No shit. He's a slimeball with a smile.

30. 17

teenage dirtbag

Unfortunately. A NS PM would be great, but he has a lot of work to do.

31. Scott

rawr

I used to really like him, was our MP for many years here. I think part of his problem is again, he's trying too much to not be Trudeau. I applaud him for being Pro choice, pro LGBQT. But he's made some pretty stupid mistakes in his running.

boing likes this.
  32. boing

Banned

No big surprise I am a CPC member and Peter was my first vote but after the way he handled some fires on his campaign I dropped him for my second choice.
    I really like Lewis and hope she does well in the vote, Erin is good as well but he will just be branded as another old white guy.

33. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

34. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I personally think McKay would have won over Trudeau had he won the Conservative leadership. Him stepping away from politics has probably made a lot of people forget how much they liked him - he was really popular IIRC and one of my personal favorites watching him go toe to toe during debates as well as some of the shenanigans going on with Stronach at the time. Now - he comes in, younger folks don't know who he is and he starts off his run for the Conservative leadership playing from a broken playbook. Too bad.

35. Wayne