Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Funny you supported Scheer who is a career politician that lied about a career in the insurance industry. Why wasn't his career important but Trudeau's is? Trudeau has no moral compass? :confused: You're sounding more and more like you're just someone who picked a political party and defends it at all costs.

2. Wayne

I don't support none of the shady shit, including this new scandal...but we'll see how the parties line up come election. I've voted liberal, pc, NDP, green...open to whatever.

I was just saying the CERB was good. Sure they should have taxed it, but it's basically a moot point in the long run.

I'd be curious how to see how this new scandal plays out though.

boing and Grifter like this.
  3. Wayne

For the record, our PC premier is awesome. Higgs has given me some faith back to the PC party.

4. Grifter

Bluh?

I've said multiple times Scheer did the right thing and resigned?? I've also said multiple times I'm no Scheer fan. If youre having a hard time recalling; an example can be found when I was saying that kicking him when he's down isn't cool. :wtf:. Hell I've even said I'm not sure which candidate to replace him deserves my vote, they have some homework to turn in yet.

Additionally, you're not *thinking of the bigger picture.*. As you guys so often like to point out. Saying someone who was vying for leadership but was found unsuitable to the position, is comparable to the FUCKING PRIME MINISTER proves just how much of a double standard and jaded view you hold.
    One is running our country one was trying to get some votes but failed. There's a big fucking difference. Terrible analogy, you can do better. You need to take Hairyass' advice and do some reading. Maybe brush up a bit. If Scheer was elected to office, and pulled the same shit your golden idol whos hipster socks you so warship pulls time and again; you can bet Id be calling for his head on a pike. I'm glad he was caught, and glad he stepped down. He showed more of a spine than our Prime Minister and did the right thing.
    the man is leader of the country. He needs to be held to a high standard. Not forgiven left right and centre and allowed to pad his friends pockets and commit illegalities and sleep in Rideau Cottage at the end of the day smiling in his Aunt Jemima costume because he got away with it yet again.

I guess you just pick the current conversation apart while not remembering what the argument has been about all along. :shrug2:. I know I've been wrong on here, likely many times. Hell I could be wrong with some of this... But in this situation, I'm glad I'm not painting with the same brush you are.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  5. boing

That 2.3 million must be a liberal total, not including all the foreign aid and relief ...
    I don't see a source so I don't believe shit. but let's dance.

leading up to the UN vote JT was Spending money around the world like a drunken sailor at every port so the seat may have only cost 2.3 million but he spent millions more on "foreign aid" and "relief projects" to help his favor for that seat and that cost us MILLIONS more
    This trip to Africa was the grand finale of the whole spending fiasco
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6596527/trudeau-security-council-africa/

Care to enlighten me on the 2.3 million cost source I don't care to google it myself since you have already gonr through the trouble.

:lol:
    I have no problem with weed I find it very useful for pain management, it would just be nice if I didn't have to pay tax on prescribed medications but all you other addicts should pay tax though.

Grifter likes this.
  6. 17

teenage dirtbag

If you’re going to refute the 2.3m total, at least post your own source of what the real total is.
    Heads of state travel to all kinds of countries all the time for various reasons, it’s kind of like.... the job.

7. boing

Morning Sparky you seem to be backpedaling, I would just like a source for future reference for that $2.3 million cost, you must have got that form some where?
    You want to debate like adults you can't just pull numbers out of your ass, unless you are a liberal ;lol: but you said earlier you weren't. So lets get this data sorted out and carry this on like the adults you claim to be here, until you don't want to be.
    As for the real cost? I don't think I ever claimed to know the real cost and I don't think we ever will. I do know Michelle Rempel Garner was working on totaling it up but I haven't seen an update, she was quoted in a video she posted as saying it was billions I take that with more value than your 2.3 million only because she is including all the foreign aid and relief that he has been doling out while pandering to the UN crowd.

8. 17

teenage dirtbag

ok
    is CPAC too liberal for you?

how about the conservative leaning national post?

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...ty-council-seat-ends-as-vote-begins-wednesday

So I'm guessing youre very much against canada spending money for a UN council seat? Scheer said he would pursue it if elected, how much money do you think would have been acceptable for him to spend on it? Harper spent 1m on a failed bid 10 years ago, why arent you up in arms about that? You're really throwing a tantrum because Trudeau spent 1.3 million dollars more than Harper did when theres much larger issues that need attention?

This is why the conservatives lost the election again. No clear plan, whining and crying about every little thing Trudeau does. Maybe next time around they'll pick a capable leader who will have some sort of plan and focus on moving the country forward.

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That's the part I don't get. Just wanting the opposite of what the other party wants isn't a platform. In a sane world, there should be a huge amount of overlap between what each political party wants for a country.

10. Grifter

Bluh?

What do I want in a party for policies/stances?

Scrap the federal carbon tax, leave it up to the provinces. The provinces aren't all the same, some are greener that. Others, based on their industries. Leave it up to the provinces.
    For climate change, I'm all for meeting the paris agreements, but not the Liberal approach. Sure we can set a time frame on it. But by saying you have 10 years to get rid of coal, working towards phasing out fossil fuels. Nope. We need those things. We need oil and gas. And we can make a ton of money off our natural resources, like oil and gas,a coal and lumber. Nova Scotia has a huge uranium deposit. Possibly one of the largest in North America. But they won't touch it. Debt anyone? As long as we commit to the Paris agreement and hit the greener goals, I think we are foolish to not utilize it. Phasing it out? Stupid.

Budget stuff? We will definitely have to raise some taxes now. But I don't think we should be doling out money to other countries and doing so much foreign aid. If scrapYscrap foreign aid until we are in a position where it doesn't hurt our country more.
    And you already know i think giving to charity when we are 1 trillion in debt is just mental.

For guns I think the gun policy is rediculous. I would have done something completely different. Considering the vast majority of gun crimes are committed with illegally obtained weapons, I don't think our gun policy needed to change. I think we should have cracked down on the border, cracked down on people the have been reported. (ns shooter was reported and nothing done.).

I'd make it way more difficult to buy foreign oil, instead making it priority to utilize our own. I'd get the pipelines built so we can get our oil to market easier.

That's what I can think of for now... Hopefully this clears up why I vote conservative and not liberal. :lol:

Wayne and boing like this.
  11. boing

Thanks for the history lesson :shrug:
    You didn't read my post
    So Canada spent
    that's still not $2.3 it's about $2.3 million but its not the drop in the bucket $2.3 million that you were so sure of and got from some where but now won't post the source?
    The Security seat is something that has it's advantages, BUT Canada does not really have the military spending or the UN involvement to really have the advantage to get the seat.
    Now, I didn't mention anything about the previous bids except for the Harper one that got more votes and I thought I mentioned that he spent less?
    Weren't you giving me a hard time about spelling in the shooting thread because if you were you really may need to get a dictionary for your self there Sparky?
    I have never been a fan of Scheer and have mentioned numerous times that I do not support him and I am happy he is stepping down. Now Harper was a good leader and it was a shame that he steeped down.

12. boing

Okay I have had enough of this if you won't come clean and just post it I will.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/united-nations-security-council-canada-1.5615488
    There is your $2.3 million Sparky

13. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

boingboing it's incredibly hard to take anything you say seriously with the grade school name calling in every post

14. boing

Oh come on, Sparky, really name calling :lol:?
    Did he report me to the Principal, is he going to want to meet me at the monkey bars after school?
    God(am I still allowed to use that here?) I could have really went off on him. I could have attacked his job and really went to town on that one but left that alone

NOW if his name tag 1717 worked I would have used that. It's what I first tried but it didn't work so I just used a term I use for people I don't know and have forgotten their name it's like buddy only sparky.

SHIT the tag does work it just doesn't have the preview. Oh well I stand by my post and here is my EDIT of admission.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  15. 17

teenage dirtbag

yeah im done engaging him. I tried to be civil and hes a room temperature IQ idiot.

Boots likes this.
  16. boing

I asked you to post where you got your information from and you posted everything but. Beating around the bush almost like a car salesman trying to sell undercoating or mudflaps.
    Oh you got called out and wouldn't post your $2.3 mil drop in the bucket because it was a lie plain and simple. The fact was that the seat cost MORE than 2.3 million :shrug2: and we still don't know how much.
    You tried backpedaling on all the other talking points like losing the election, Scheer and of course Harper but when you get called out on the same stuff you call others on you call ME a room temperature IQ idiot? that's rich :lol4::rofl::rofl3: Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    That's civil

17. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

This
    If all parties listened to the people of the country their goals should be virtually identical with the only difference being the roads taken to get there. It should be like calling a taxi. Hop in a say where you want to go. Instead it's more like a bus. This is where we're going, hop on if it's close to where you want to be.

Boots likes this.
  18. Grifter

Bluh?

19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Grifter and Gerald like this.
  20. 17

teenage dirtbag

Grifter likes this.
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Probably with interest :rofl:

22. Grifter

Bluh?

Cause everyone does their income taxes and always pays the government when requested. :lol:.

Especially people who knowingly defraud the government with such ease.

23. 17

teenage dirtbag

As someone who made some poor decisions earlier in my life, I can absolutely assure you they get their money :lol:

Wayne, Grifter and Boots like this.
  24. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Wasn't Scheer frequently on TV at the beginning of all this telling the government to hurry up and get the money out?

25. Grifter

Bluh?

Who cares? Doesn't mean he said "hurry up and fuck it up!"

boing likes this.
  26. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Scheer is also on the TV every day telling Trudeau he needs to go away when people have been waiting for Scheer to do the same thing for a year now. He's still got his US citizenship, he should go there.

chainsaw likes this.
  27. Wayne

Same

28. 17

teenage dirtbag

how did they fuck it up? they told people it wouldnt be taxed, the onus is on the reciever, not the government.

they'll get it back in GST/tax returns/ DMV processes or just go right in the bank account and take it
    plus interest.

Boots, Grifter and Gerald like this.
  29. Grifter

Bluh?

By giving half a billion dollars to people who weren't eligible for it.

30. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

So if the people that got it weren't eligible, those people misrepresented themselves and committed fraud. You can't have it both ways. It's called subrogation and insurance companies do it all the time. Someone makes a bogus claim that gets paid out, you then go back to them and get it back. Paying out claims that shouldn't have been paid falls on the dicks making false claims. I don't believe they sent money to anyone that didn't claim they were eligible. It's not like when the conservatives get into power all false EI claims cease.
    Either fire it out as fast as possible and rely on honesty, checking after the fact, or check as the requests come in, making people wait longer. You can't sit there telling someone to rush something they are doing and then claim that the processed was rushed after the fact. Well, you shouldn't be able to, but politics is more about trying to trap your opposition and make them look bad rather than making things better so I guess this is par for the course.

boing and Grifter like this.
  31. Grifter

Bluh?

All good. I just hold the government and leader of our country to a higher standard than an insurance company I guess. I don't think they should be allowing the same mistakes to he made. :shrug2:

32. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Why not hold fault with the person to blame, the one making the false claim? Would love to hear a opposition politician call them out.

And why would you expect more from the government? An insurance company is far more concerned about their share holder's wealth than ANY political party. An insurance company wants to do best by the people funding them, political parties only want to do what's best for themselves.

33. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Well Scheer has experience with neither

34. soxfan5

Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Boots likes this.
  35. Grifter

Bluh?

You need new material man. What makes you keep bringing up Scheer? Who cares about Scheer? I know I don't. Just like any fool who says a country shouldnt run as well as an insurance company. Move along! People are talking about things that matter.