Election

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Sep 24, 2019.

1. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

Let's infographic this up then.

Very true, C02 is vital for plant life, thanks for the help with photosynthesis.

Here's the issue, the C02 levels are globally rising:
    [​IMG]
    See: https://e360.yale.edu/digest/co2-levels-continue-to-increase-at-record-rate

While 02 levels are dropping:
    [​IMG]

See: http://scrippso2.ucsd.edu/

(note: both images are from different locations and different time ranges. If you'd like a single source of info, see https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/).

TL;DR: I'm not a plant.

2. Scott

rawr

I guess

3. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

This was discusses on Nova last night. Using ice cores from the Arctic/Greenland they were able to track C02 levels on the planet back several tens of thousands of years. They say there has been a spike over the past 150ish years climbing higher than it ever has. The spike apparently coincides with the onset of the industrial revolution.
    I'm convinced that we are responsible for the spike but at the same time feel that banning plastic bags and imposing carbon taxes won't do shit to fix it.

So yes, C02 is necessary for plant life. So is water. Does that mean the next time the wife says I killed her plants by over watering them, I can call bullshit?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Wayne, Grifter and boing like this.
  4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Again, man made climate change is a fact. You're free to think whatever you like. Some people think the earth is flat too lol

As for Canada being carbon neutral. That's not true - we've just managed to export most of our carbon footprint to developing countries. Take a look around. We are surrounded by stuff that was manufactured in developing countries. That phone you're using? The metals probably came from a hole in the ground in China, the plastics too. On top of that, toss in the carbon emitted transporting the phone across the ocean. That's just scratching the surface.

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah they can go back like 800K years and not see a spike like what we see in the last 100 years.

Wayne likes this.
  6. 17

teenage dirtbag

i talked to someone last week who in thoroughly convinced that immigrants get brought here, put up in the best hotels and have steak dinners on tax payer dime until the government gets them free housing. He was dead set convinced of it.

my response was "oh wow thats crazy" because youre not even going to begin to crack the surface on someone like that

Wayne likes this.
  7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah I bet their facebook feed is off the charts ridiculous lol