Election 2015 - Canada's new Liberal government

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Boots, Aug 12, 2015.

?

What's your prediction for the 2015 election outcome?

Poll closed Oct 19, 2015.
  1. Conservative Majority

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Conservative Minority

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Liberal Majority

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Liberal Minority

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  5. NDP Majority

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. NDP Minority

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Scott

rawr

this. Don't care what party you're with if you've got a solid plan with good ideas.

dpwu32 likes this.
  2. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

So, exactly what you're doing with your claims of success for Trump?

3. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I've said this before - the Canadian Prime Minister's primary job is actually as a figure head who represents Canada's ideals and beliefs both at home and, probably more importantly at this point in time, on the world stage. On that front, Trudeau is 100% the leader Canada leads right now. He is repairing a lot of the damage done to Canada's reputation by Harper's government over the years and, based on Trudeau's own marketing machine, has put Canada back on the map of envied countries around the world. Most of the *real* work is done by policy makers and those in the trenches. Blaming Trudeau for anything right now should really be blaming the Liberal government as a whole. It's not because of Trudeau's hair that bad decisions are being made.

Trump is heading the USA in the other direction faster than I ever thought possible.

I travel enough for work now that I hear it everywhere. While I'm here in the US, I constantly get apologies for Trump and the current state of the US overall. People are embarrassed. In the same breath, they rave about what they read about Trudeau and Canada. It's the same thing when I'm in Europe - laughing at Trump and the US, celebrating Trudeau and Canada.

So... hold the Liberals to account for issues you see, but I can't see pointing at Trudeau as a "bad leader" as the cause for it.

4. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

The widening of the gap between political leanings happening here in Canada is scary. We DO NOT want to become like the USA.

5. BenFrank

Saucin on You

6. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Propaganda much?

Take away the soundtrack, and it was Justin finishing up something and then grabbed Trump to talk about something quick.

Every day on Twitter or through a press conference, Trump says something that makes people around the world shake their head in disbelief. Perhaps I'm not smart enough to understand him, though - by his own account, he's a genius.

7. BenFrank

Saucin on You

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

For each video you post, I can post another that contradicts the message you're trying to portray. The truth is, Canada is a smaller country on the world scale, so of course he will sometimes end up without a sparring partner. If I wanted to, I could find videos showing Harper going through the same thing.

As a point of order, I'm not swooning. I'm pointing out that Trudeau, as a figure head that represents Canada around the world, is doing a good job. When I travel and talk with colleagues and people I meet, Trump is universally laughed at while Trudeau is viewed as pulling Canada in a good direction.

9. BenFrank

Saucin on You

So anecdotally, according to the people you meet, Trudeau is a super cool guy and Trump is a mean old grouch.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

10. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

BenFrank has spent too much time on Rebel Media

11. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Trump *makes* Trudeau look good.

I'm sorry - I'll go look up articles that back my standpoint instead of posting original thought.

12. ouird

I'm Weird

Saying you're a part of Team "A" or Team "B" is the 1st part of this HUGE problem. When you cant get past the mentality of the team you claim to belong to you're part of the problem vs the solution.
    When you identify as a part of a certain group/team you are already going down the wrong path.
    Blaming one person for a certain thing is silly. They weren't the only ones involved.
    Praising an individual person for a success is just as silly.
    Name calling, deflecting questions with questions, trying to say that circumstance "X" is worse that "Y" are all distractions and huge wastes of time.

IMO that leadership role.... In any country is faaaaar too much for one person to be responsible for. Even if they are looked at as a figurehead, that position has power, and responsibility that should not be placed on one human being. There are no humans alive that can take on that level.

My grammar sucks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Dewie and Nick84 like this.
  13. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Trudeau could pull a baby from a burning building and Ben
    Why do you feel the need to insult people just because they don't agree with your stance on politics?

14. 17

teenage dirtbag

theres one other person too

[​IMG]

Grifter likes this.
  15. BenFrank

Saucin on You

She's so hot.

upload_2018-1-10_13-51-38.png

16. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

If she doesn't end up in prison :o

17. C. Mike Hunt

*cough* stable genius *cough*

18. Nick84

19. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

It’s sad how wrong this is but you’re too small minded to understand. It fits with your narrow minded world view so now you feel justified because “the president” said something out loud that echoes your own selfish and arrogant view that people who aren’t exactly the same as you must be bad.

20. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

21. Nick84

I didn't say it nor do I condone it but there's no sense getting offended by everything.

22. Nick84

23. Mitch

If she would stop shouting like a child and address his like an adult, I would take it more seriously. It was a town hall meeting she could have addressed her question. Instead she yelled and acted like a brat.

24. Nick84

I'd think her method was to get attention and try to wake people up a bit. She knows he'll never answer the questions, he says a lot without actually saying anything. Like they mentioned, most were there to see a celebrity, not to hear about politics.

25. Mitch

She got attention alright

Nick84 likes this.
  26. Scott

rawr

She had no method other than spouting nonsense. These types of people you can't actually talk to. They don't have discussions or think rationally about anything. Even as he's talking to her, she keeps shouting.

27. Nick84

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

You love posting heavily edited videos that both match your rhetoric and spout a bunch of BS. I know you have trouble thinking for yourself, but try finding the unedited video of Trudeau's response to this person and make your own opinions on his response. If you want help, I think it's the 3rd video down in this CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hamilton-trudeau-town-hall-1.4481025

I know you find the CBC to be a leftist piece of shit, but the video itself is unedited and just has the video of the interruption as well as the response from the Prime Minister, not a cut out as soon as he starts speaking with two smug-looking folks then showing video from a cell phone.

Boots likes this.
  29. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

You do understand that he's the fucking president of the United States right? This is just a continuing storyline where he shows his racist roots - he started when he first joined the political race and has continued through the start of his presidency.

I have to assume you don't believe racism is something we should be fighting to get rid of based on your comments.

30. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

He answered the fucking question, eloquently.

31. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Being from a country with issues does not make the person who came from that country a shithole, which is what Trump's comments imply. Think it through a little bit.

32. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

You have the leader of the country going town to town facing the people's questions (Remember what it was like under Harper? Where he wouldn't even speak to the press, let alone citizens) and you act like an idiot, you deserve to be tossed out.

Also tired of the 'Trudeau pays terrorist' talk. That's bullshit. The government paid Khadr because the Supreme Court of Canada deemed that his rights as a Canadian were violated. There has to be some recourse and by paying him, the government is saying 'we fucked up big time, it won't happen again' thus hopefully protecting all of our rights as Canadians. If they had of told him to piss off, what kind of precedent does that set? Our rights are meaningless?

C. Mike Hunt and Scott like this.
  33. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

That video is conservative propaganda heavily edited to perpetuate their 'alternate facts' ... it's sad that it's passing for truth up here. We're better than that.

C. Mike Hunt and HairyAss like this.
  34. Nick84

Sorry dude, he's a politician of your affiliation and tells you exactly what you want to hear (which isnt much) and you eat it up.

Racism should most definitely be fought, on all sides.

See above.

Its an obvious generalization. Should he have said it? Probably not. Is it something to cry over? Doubtful.

He gave up his rights when he committed treason. He literally fought against us and killed a medic. He should be happy he was freed.
    Boots, the Alt-Left owns the media here. If you get your news from Facebook you'll think everything else is heavily edited propaganda.

35. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast