Eastlink sales contact? Best negotiating tactics?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by J0e Th0rnton, May 10, 2016.

1. J0e Th0rnton

Does anyone here have a personal contact for eastlink which sold them on a bundle? They usually have more options than the people I talk to on the phone.
    I have a Bell contact already, but I want to shop around.
    I get nowhere fast on the phones with these companies except when dealing with door to door sales people.

On the phone with eastlink twice today and was told many different things by both different people. One lady told me she could offer me Fibre Op with speeds of 150/50 at eastlink, with TV and phone in a bundle for $139 + $5.95 for a 2nd receiver over 24 months.

Then I called Bell, who told me they didn't think eastlink could match their speeds(Based on past experience, I agree, but things change). However, she would not offer any deals until my current contract was up. But said there are no longer penalties for terminating a contract early, so I can opt out. When my contract is up, it goes from the current $119 to $174 or something silly.

Then I called my Bell guy who once got me the good 2 year deal and 42 inch TV, and he suggested I cancel under my name for the house closing date/Apartment move and have my fiancee become a "new customer" so he can offer that deal all over again(sans the TV) for 24 months. Seems like the best option.

When I called Eastlink back, it was a different lady, and her answers were different than the first lady, saying they had no deals currently which exceed 24 months, and that 12 months is the max I can get.

Le sigh.....Hoping someone here has a contact of the door to door nature who can offer the better deals.

I like to vote with my wallet obviously. The prices after deals run out are godawful.

2. JoeLouie

Sounds like the first person you were talking to didn't know what they were talking about.

When Eastlink introduced the new skinny packages they changed a bunch of stuff around and all of their advertised promos are only 3 months now. I'd have to double check on the prices to make sure they haven't changed anything recently, but I'm pretty sure I could get you TV (1 DVR, 1 regular HD receiver), Internet (50/5) and phone for $125.90/month for 12 months, after that it would go to $175.90. Or, the Maestro Whole Home DVR, with an extra receiver, Internet (100/10) and phone for the same price, but it goes up to $185.90 after the 12 months. I may even be able to throw in a Maestro Streamer for free for 12 months, which allows you to watch TV on an Android or Apple tablet, again, just have to double check to make sure that offer is still available. All of those prices are before tax, of course. I think that the door to door guys have different promos, but I don't know if they're much better than what they give us contractors.

Let me know if you're interested at all and I can confirm the prices tomorrow.

3. J0e Th0rnton

Sorry for the late reply. Work has been rough this week. Actually, rough all month with no end in sight.
    Well, the first lady what doing all sorts of checking on her computers. She ran across that and ran it by me when I said 24 month deals are more appealing to me than 12.

Possibly interested. How much would it be to bump internet to 150/20? No need for tablet/Android streamers here. Honestly, treehouse is the channel that will likely be on, followed by whatever my fiancee records and Hockey for me.

4. 17

teenage dirtbag

What's the price like with no phone?

5. JoeLouie

Bumping it up to 150/10 would be an extra $10/month. 10Mbps upload is the fastest Eastlink offers. Even with their Gigabit, it's still 10Mbps upload.

The only promo I see right now for TV/Internet is the same price as TV/Internet/Phone, but only for 3 months. I've hooked up quite a few people with the tv/internet/phone bundle that have no intention of ever hooking up a phone, but got it just because it's a longer promo. Of course, after the promo price is done it's cheaper without the phone.

6. Mitch

I must say I'm super excited to get rid of the eastlink maestro dvr system it's never worked great for me :(

7. Scott

rawr

I just had my gateway replaced. Figured it was the culprit why my internet kept dropping. Other then that, we've had no issues.

8. Mitch

I just find the dvr system slow and laggy when searching for shows/recordings

9. Scott

rawr

we do get the odd slow down when using the menu button and navigating, but its not bad. In an age where we like things instant, I know what you mean about laggy though. Frustrating

10. Mitch

It's such a petty thing I know. But when I hit DVR recordings then scroll down and it jumps to on demand or something on me I loose it

11. Scott

rawr

yeah, it should just work

12. Lex Lucas

feels good.

in the past year my mom had her maestro gateway replaced 3 times, and multiple STB's. Such a pain, she will be switching to FibreOP.
    Eastlink menu and remote are painful to use.