Eastlink DVR "reminders" for TV shows

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Majarvis, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Majarvis

Majarvis
    [OP]

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the "reminders" for TV shows that pop up when a show is about to start?

The problem I'm having is that I used to have the DVR set to record House on Tuesday nights, but when it switched to Mondays, I'm still getting a reminder for the new show that is airing in House's old Tuesday timeslot (Bones). I can't find any way to turn this reminder off.

Thoughts?

2. Ed

Ed

Delete the old series recording?

3. Majarvis

Majarvis
    [OP]

That's the thing, it isn't there anymore. When House switched to Monday nights, it automatically followed it over, so there's nothing scheduled to record on Tuesday anymore. I even deleted the House series recording and created a new one, but that didn't solve it, either. :hsugh:

4. maniac

i believe you can set/delete a reminder seperate from a recording, under the information screen for the program.

5. Majarvis

Majarvis
    [OP]

This worked. Thanks!

6. Majarvis

Majarvis
    [OP]

Well, I'm having this problem again. I tried using the method you suggested that worked last time, but now there isn't even a reminder icon present in the info screen. I called tech support and the guy tried his best, but no solution could be found. I used to have the reminder icon (bell) on the info screen before to add/remove reminders, but it isn't even there anymore. :confused::confused::confused:

7. cRoy

My damn DVR will record old shows on different days when I make a Series recording for only new shows & that time only. I hate eastlink.

8. Majarvis

Majarvis
    [OP]

Yeah, this is similar to where the problem is coming from. I have a series recording set up to record House, which used to air at 9 pm on Tuesdays but has since moved to Mondays. The series recording moved to Monday fine, but the reminder didn't. It's reminding me about the show that used to air in that time slot.