1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn Video wont play anymore

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Dural, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Dural

Dural
    [OP]
    Insert something witty

All of a sudden none of my video programs will display the picture(video). It plays the sound and the player even resizes to the appropriate dimenzion as if the video is there.

- I've double checked my Direct X it's updated and diagnostics show fine
    - I've stripped my ASPI layers and rebuild them
    - I've uninstalled every single codec I have on my computer and re-installed

What else can I check.

2. Dural

Dural
    [OP]
    Insert something witty

Ok I've done all that and it wont display when I have my monitor active. I have an ATI card with the drivers installed. When I press ALT+F5 the display will switch from my monitor to the TV. The monitor turns off until I press ALT+F5 again and then the TV goes blue(no signal indication) and the monitor turns on again.

Displayed on Monitor (no video feed but audio)
    Displayed on TV (video and audio work fine)

*edit
    Discovered when piped to the TV dark scenes are very dark indeed. I mean the lighting, not that I'm twice as afraid at scary movies now.

3. DVS

DVS

I have somewhat the same thing with my ATI card... mine just cuts at random times during video or somehow screws the image horribly. I did all the same things, and nothing.