1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. KMD

KMD

The "young and healthy" thing always bugged me because I was immune compromised and still out around these people that were not getting the shots and they used this excuse for it and gave no consideration for anyone else around them.
    FYI I am not focusing this on you just your post :lol:

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I can't do twitter. It's ruining the world.

Nick84 likes this.
  3. KMD

KMD

Hey I am trying to make it a better place one tweet at a time :lol2:
    So what you are you saying is that you agree with this guy? :wtf:

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

It's shitty but something has to be done. It's a hate filled cesspool that does nothing but divide us further.

Wayne likes this.
  5. KLD

KLD

No worries! Like I said, there didn't seem to be much pressure like with the COVID vaccine, so I didn't realize how big of a deal it could for someone who couldn't get the vaccine. I personally don't know anyone that isn't able to get a flu shot if they want to. But this is all made me think more about it for future.

KMD and Grifter like this.
  6. Grifter

Bluh?

I've gotten the flu shot many times in my life. Not every year. But maybe every second year on average? As a firefighter I've had to get multiple vaccines in my time. Twinrix for hep a and b. Cholera... Rabies... Tetanus... Couple more. Most are very low risk but since we *may* be called upon for disaster relief, we get the shots. I never questioned the flu shot or those other vaccines. They were all tested and all made sense.
    That being said, when it comes to covid vaccines; I conveyed on here how hesitant and skeptical I was since this vaccine came up SO quick, and trials weren't REALLY run. Sure they tested it and technology is much better than years ago and scientists can work together form opposite ends of the earth, but I was skeptical. He'll, I remember when you conveyed the same being pregnant...I got it though. Why? I want to keep my job. I want to travel. And if this is the path back to normalcy? I'm gonna take it. The pressure played a part, but only a very small part. I was tired of wearing a mask. I'm tired of the restrictions. I'm tired of covid. If I can help get things back to normal, I will. And I did.
    In Alberta, masks be gone. We are holding the biggest event in the country right now since this all started.(Calgary stampede) And masks aren't mandatory. It's great. It truly feels like after a year and a half, we are getting back to normal. Daily cases aren't reported anymore and you don't have it shoved down your throat every day. Seems like the vaccine after all, was the right thing to do.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  7. KLD

KLD

I'm with you! I was so worried at first but it seems like the best shot. I've just gotten my second dose. My night of sleep was very shitty (it's already shitty while being pregnant, haha) and I took the day off work, but I'm better now and glad it's over with. It does feel like we are headed in the right direction. I hope we drop our masks soon as well. One of my best friends who moved to Quebec is coming down in August after a year and a half as she will be fully vaxxed as well and not to have to isolate - I'm so excited!!!

Grifter likes this.
  8. C. Mike Hunt

Kind of off the grid today but no new cases and 3 recoveries. 5 cases province wide.

EDIT: Press release for Saturday, July 17

Today, July 17, Nova Scotia is reporting no new cases of COVID-19 and three recoveries.

All four health zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has five active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 16, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,189 tests.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021 at 1:54 PM
    Nick84 likes this.
  9. KMD

KMD

I am hoping for the best with all of this "Back to Normal" stuff not wearing a mask has been great even though I have only been out twice so far it feels odd, I still have the mask with me.
    I will still wear a mask if I have to go into a busy store like Costsos.
    We have a family event planned for down South on the August Long weekend but I don't think it's going to a go. If I was a Religious man I would be expecting to see 4 horsemen riding though here any day now with all the shit that's been going on :hitthefan

10. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-18_13-55-44.png

Today's press release

Today, July 18, Nova Scotia is reporting three new cases of COVID-19 and no recoveries.

The cases are in Central Zone. Two are close contacts of previously reported cases and one is under investigation.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 8 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 17, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2732 tests.

11. C. Mike Hunt

3/2732 = 0.11% positive rate

12. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-19_14-6-55.png

Today's press release

NOTE: There are no scheduled COVID-19 media briefings this week. Due to the Panorama upgrade happening today, July 19, the daily COVID-19 news release and COVID-19 data dashboard will not be available Tuesday, July 20.

Today, July 19, Nova Scotia is reporting no new cases of COVID-19 and one recovery.

As of today, Nova Scotia has seven active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 18, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,022 tests.

As of July 18, 1,210,160 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 485,212 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021 at 2:22 PM
    Nick84 likes this.
  13. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 1 case listed as resolved
    • 16,652 vaccine doses administered

14. C. Mike Hunt

15. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-21_15-3-6.png

Today's press release

Today, July 21, Nova Scotia is reporting seven new cases of COVID-19 and three recoveries.

Six of the cases are in Central Zone. Three are close contacts of previously reported cases and three are related to travel. Two of the cases are connected to the Royal Canadian Navy frigate HMCS Halifax and were previously announced by the Canadian Armed Forces.

One case is in Western Zone and is related to travel.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 11 active cases of COVID-19. There are currently no hospitalizations.

Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,624 tests on July 19 and 3,141 on July 20.

As of July 20, 1,240,114 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 512,393 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 3:11 PM
  16. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 3 cases listed as resolved
    • 29,954 vaccine doses administered
    7/5765 = 0.12% positive rate

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021 at 3:33 PM
  17. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

First day back in the office in about a year and a half. Feels awesome and weird at the same time.

- office is only allowing up to 50% capacity. It's nowhere near that - kind of a ghost town, very few people coming in right away.
    - only allowed in if you're vaccinated which is great because it means no mask policy as well

18. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-22_12-43-4.png

Today's press release

Today, July 22, Nova Scotia is reporting one death related to COVID-19. A woman in her 50s in Central Zone has died.

There are no new cases being reported today.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 11 active cases of COVID-19. There are currently no hospitalizations.

On July 21, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,012 tests.

As of July 21, 1,256,787 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 527,619 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

Nick84 likes this.
  19. C. Mike Hunt

Since yesterday's update:
    • 1 death
    • 16,673 vaccine doses administered

20. Matt30

Nobody hospitalized now. Sadly it comes on the heels of the death.

21. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210723002

COVID-19 Vaccine Update

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

July 23, 2021 - 12:29 PM

Nova Scotia’s vaccination efforts are on track with almost 56 per cent of people in the province fully vaccinated.

“Our collective efforts throughout the pandemic to follow restrictions and get tested have helped to limit COVID-19 activity in the province, but we can’t stop here,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “We now need everyone who can to get two doses of vaccine as soon as possible to add another and stronger layer of protection against the virus and its variants.”

If everyone who is eligible for their second dose moves up their appointment, the province will reach its minimum target of 75 per cent of the population fully vaccinated, and move to the next phase of reopening by the end of August.

The province is advising Nova Scotians about an uncommon event following immunization with mRNA vaccine called myocarditis and pericarditis, which has been reported in Canada, including in Nova Scotia.

There have been 22 reported cases in Nova Scotia. Although most cases required hospitalization, they were relatively mild, and the individuals tended to recover quickly with conservative treatment and rest.

“It is important for Nova Scotians to understand both the benefits and potential risks associated with any vaccine in order to make an informed decision about vaccination,” said Dr. Strang. “When it comes to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, the benefits of getting vaccinated far outweigh the risk of myocarditis and pericarditis.”

These reactions are primarily experienced in people under 30 years of age within a week of receiving the vaccine. It also appears to be more common in males after the second dose.

Anyone who experiences shortness of breath, chest pain or feelings of a rapid or abnormal heart rhythm after mRNA vaccination should seek medical attention.

The province will soon turn its attention to living with COVID-19 and that means adjusting how vaccines are delivered and removing restrictions and mandatory public health measures over the next several weeks and months.

The last day Nova Scotians can receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a community clinic is Aug. 15. After that, COVID-19 vaccines will only be available in participating pharmacy and primary care clinics. Anyone who currently has a second dose appointment scheduled at a community clinic after Aug. 15 must reschedule their appointment or it will be cancelled.

Quick Facts:
    • as of today, July 23, 200,000 people have a vaccine appointment booked
    • about 69,000 people have been invited to move their vaccine appointments up but have not done so, leaving many vacant appointments across the province
    • about 75 per cent of people in Nova Scotia have received one dose of COVID-19 vaccine
    • about 450,000 doses were administered between June 20 and July 16, which represents about 52 per cent of people eligible to receive a vaccine
    • myocarditis is the inflammation of the heart muscle and pericarditis is the inflammation of the lining around the heart

22. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-23_13-10-55.png

Today's press release

NOTE: Nova Scotia will no longer issue COVID-19 news releases or update the COVID-19 data dashboard on weekends. Monday updates will include weekend data.

Today, July 23, Nova Scotia is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 and one recovery.

The cases are in Central Zone. One is related to a close contact of a previously reported case. The other is related to travel and is connected to the Royal Canadian Navy frigate HMCS Halifax.

There have been 4,195 cases from March 15 to July 21, 2021. Of those:

• 27 (0.6 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 233 (5.6 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 3,935 (93.8 per cent) were unvaccinated
    There were 254 people hospitalized. Of those:
    • 2 (0.8 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 28 (11 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 224 (88.2 per cent) were unvaccinated
    Twenty-six people died. Of those:
    • 1 (3.8 per cent) was fully vaccinated
    • 3 (11.5 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 22 (84.6 per cent) were unvaccinated
    As of today, Nova Scotia has 12 active cases of COVID-19. There are currently no hospitalizations.

There were 3,517 tests administered between July 16 and 22 at the rapid-testing pop-up sites in Halifax, Dartmouth, Cole Harbour, Bedford and Sydney.

On July 22, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,821 tests.

As of July 22, 1,271,948 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 541,389 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure safety measures and other important actions can continue. The order will take effect at noon, Sunday, July 25, and extend to noon, Sunday, Aug. 8, unless government terminates or extends it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021 at 1:24 PM
    Nick84 likes this.
  23. C. Mike Hunt

Since yesterday's update:
    • 1 case listed as resolved
    • 15,161 vaccine doses administered
    2/2821 = 0.07% positive rate

24. C. Mike Hunt

In case anyone was wondering

Nick84 likes this.
  25. Nick84

I'm glad they're sharing that. When it looks like they withhold information, conspiracies brew.

26. Wayne

NB goes full green next Friday at midnight. No restrictions at all.

27. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I’m sure NS will do the same in a few months.

28. C. Mike Hunt

29. KLD

KLD

I hope we see some plans before phase 5 is expected, although on the website it says they will be releasing guidelines as we enter the phase. I don't see why they can't outline something ahead of time- it's not like they have to stick to it 100% if something changes. The other phases were depending on certain parameters, so they should release what parameters would ease which restrictions when it comes to living with COVID.

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'll be watching this having just flown to TO and back lol

KMD likes this.
  31. Matt30

2nd shot administered an hour ago. Now waiting to see if I have any of the reactions other people have had

Boots and KMD like this.
  32. KMD

KMD

Our numbers out here are going up again :mad: