1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-7_16-43-39.png

Today's press release

Today, July 7, Nova Scotia is reporting one new case of COVID-19 and six recoveries.

The case is in Central Zone and is related to travel.

All four health zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 39 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, one person is in a hospital COVID-19 unit. The person is in ICU.

On July 6, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,891 tests.

As of July 6, 1,035,587 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 322,733 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

2. C. Mike Hunt

Since yesterday's update:
    • 6 cases listed as resolved
    • 24,548 vaccine doses administered
    1/3891 = 0.03% positive rate

3. Wayne

Doubled up as of this am...feeling glazey eyed already.

C. Mike Hunt and chainsaw like this.
  4. LMAC

_

is metal shit sticking to you now too

Wayne likes this.
  5. Wayne

Oh for sure, plus I spoke into my shoulder and set up a lunch with Gates.

On a serious note, I wonder how many of those anti-vaxxers saying there is a tracker in the vaccine have smart phones, Alexa, or Google devices...

KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  6. C. Mike Hunt

All of 'em. Nobody ever said they were smart.

7. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-8_13-29-27.png

Today's press release

Today, July 8, Nova Scotia is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 and two recoveries.

The cases are in Eastern Zone. One is a close contact of a previously reported case and the other is under investigation.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 39 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 7, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,315 tests.

As of July 7, 1,062,418 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 348,034 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

“Nova Scotians can schedule their second-dose appointment 28 days after they received their first dose,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “The sooner you are fully vaccinated, the better. Vaccine appointments are continuously being added to the website. Do your part and book the first available appointment.”

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  8. C. Mike Hunt

• 2 cases listed as resolved
    • 26,831 vaccine doses administered
    2/3315 = 0.06% positive rate

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  9. LMAC

_

or smoke or drink ... list goes on

10. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

Double dosed as of yesterday... today I'm completely exhausted but otherwise not too much worse for the wear.

C. Mike Hunt, KMD and chainsaw like this.
  11. Wayne

So I went to bed last night, woke up with chills. Slept head to toe clothing, with a sweater, on top of a heating pad...and still shivered most of the night.

Today I feel sore, weak, and dizzy...plus a headache. So this shot is kicking my ass...first one was a sore arm and that's it

12. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

That sucks, I got away with minimal side effects.

On the first night, my first shot (AZ) gave me the chills as well, but it only lasted an hour or so. The second night I went to bed without supper at 6 and slept like the dead for 12 hours.

Second shot (Phizer)? I went to bed at 9ish and slept for 12 hours like the dead again. That was the extent for me.

13. Wayne

Yeah, chills lasted about 2-3 hours but after being up and about a couple hours now, mostly feeling ok again. Just a back ache mostly lingering.

14. C. Mike Hunt

After my first shot (AZ), felt tired and had a headache the next day. Laid down for a couple hours, got up, still had the headache, took an Advil, went about my day. Woke up that night with the worst chills I'd ever had. Was fine the following day.

Second shot (Pfizer), injection site was sore for about 3 days. Felt a bit flushed the day after but can't say whether it was a side effect or something unrelated.

15. Wayne

Yeah, I had to put on pants, shirt, sweater, socks...pull the sweater hood over my head, pull heavy blankets over my head so I was 100% covered...AND turn on a heating pad and I still shook for 2-3 hours.

As of right now, everything has subsided, feel perfectly fine

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I wonder if people who had tough go's with the vaccine are people who would have had a tough go with covid itself? Wonder if there's any correlation there

chainsaw likes this.
  17. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

We'd have to fire up the hot tub time machine to find out.

18. LMAC

_

medical people are claiming that if you have a strong reaction your immune system is strong.. but wtf do i know lol..

I never get sick and had zero reaction so i dunno

19. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-9_13-7-45.png

Today's press release

Today, July 9, Nova Scotia is reporting one new case of COVID-19 and one recovery.

The case is in Central Zone and is related to travel.

There have been 4,176 cases from March 15 to July 6, 2021. Of those:

• 27 (0.6 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 225 (5.4 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 3924 (94 per cent) were unvaccinated
    There were 253 people hospitalized. Of those:
    • 2 (0.8 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 27 (10.7 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 224 (88.5 per cent) were unvaccinated
    Twenty-six people died. Of those:
    • 1 (3.8 per cent) was fully vaccinated
    • 3 (11.5 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 22 (84.6 per cent) were unvaccinated
    As of today, Nova Scotia has 39 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 8, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,770 tests.

There were 5,044 tests administered between July 2 and 8 at the rapid-testing pop-up sites in Halifax, Dartmouth, Sydney, Bedford and Shubenacadie.

As of July 8, 1,085,267 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 369,412 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure safety measures and other important actions can continue. The order will take effect at noon, Sunday, July 11, and extend to noon, Sunday, July 25, unless government terminates or extends it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  20. C. Mike Hunt

• 1 case listed as resolved
    • 22,849 vaccine doses administered
    1/2770 = 0.04% positive rate

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah I've heard that as well.

22. Wayne

I never get sick and had a strong reaction, wife immune system isn't super great and she had no reactions...but I am guessing there is no "consistent" formula there.

23. C. Mike Hunt

24. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

I take that back.. as people noted above.. a little after a day after the shot, I got the chills, fever, everything else. Only lasted about 4 hours but I felt like total ass. Still exhausted... hopefully R&R this weekend cures that.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  25. KMD

KMD

With my health I am sure I would die if I got the covid and I didn't even feel the shot go in the arm :shrug: now I feel like shit all the time so it would be hard to tell if I was having a reaction from the vaccine but I didn't really feel any worse after my second shot.

26. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-air-canada-flight-1

Potential exposure to COVID-19 on Air Canada flight

Friday, July 9, 2021 - 06:54PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 on an Air Canada flight. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who was on the following flight in the specified rows and seats should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.

• Air Canada 612 travelling on July 1 from Toronto (4:45 p.m.) to Halifax (7:45 p.m.). Passengers in rows 18-24, seats C, D, E and F. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 15.

Please follow the instructions below based on your immunization status:

*If you are FULLY VACCINATED (received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the exposure date) you are not required to self-isolate as long as you are not experiencing any symptoms of the virus. You are still asked to get tested once and should monitor for symptoms up to 14 days after the exposure date. If symptoms develop you should self-isolate, get re-tested and stay isolated until you receive a negative test result.

*If you are PARTIALLY VACCINATED (received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the exposure date or more than 21 days if you’re 70 years old or greater):
    • If you have completed your required self-isolation upon entry to Nova Scotia for 7 days (until July 8, 2021) and have received 2 negative test results, no further action is required.

*If you are UNVACCINATED (have not received any COVID-19 vaccine, or it has been less than 14 days since your first dose) you are required to:
    • Self-isolate for 14 days, until July 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
    • Get tested immediately and again between July 13-15, regardless of whether you have symptoms.

27. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-10_11-51-14.png

Today's press release

Today, July 10, Nova Scotia is reporting one new case of COVID-19 and one recovery.

The case is in Western Zone and is related to travel.

On July 9, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,227 tests.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  28. C. Mike Hunt

• 1 case listed as resolved
    1/3227 = 0.03% positive rate

29. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-11_13-24-16.png

Today's press release

Today, July 11, Nova Scotia is reporting four new cases of COVID-19 and seven recoveries.

The cases are in Central Zone. One is related to travel and three are under investigation.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 36 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units, including one in ICU.

On July 10, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,483 tests.

30. Grifter

Bluh?

Second shot is in. Pfizer. See how it goes.

HairyAss, KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  31. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-several-locations-central-zone-1

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at several locations in Central Zone

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 06:23PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at several locations in the Central Zone. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who worked at or visited the following location on the specified date and time should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Low-risk exposures

For the following locations, if you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your test result. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you are required to self-isolate while you wait for your test result.

· Walmart (6990 Mumford Road, Halifax) on July 8 between 1:10 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 22.

· Walmart (220 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax) on July 8 between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 22.

· Blush Hair Studio (751 Herring Cove Road, Halifax) on July 8 between 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 22.

· Costco Vision Center (230 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax) on July 9 between 9 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 23.

· Costco (230 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax) on July 9 between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 23.

Moderate risk exposures

Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes are required to self-isolate while waiting for their test result. If you get a negative result, you do not need to keep self-isolating, however, you are asked to get retested 6-8 days and 12-14 days after this exposure. If you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.

If fully or partially vaccinated, please follow the instructions noted in this table for moderate risk contacts.

• Halifax Shopping Centre – Food Court (7001 Mumford Rd Unit #722, Halifax) on July 8 between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 22.

• Swiss Chalet (358 Clayton Park Drive, Halifax) on July 9 between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 23.

32. Wayne

So NS didn't want the reckless NB folk who opened up to everyone coming in...

Well we had no increase of cases, 6 days straight of 0 new cases, and active cases is at 6.

80% single vaccine
    50.5% double vaccine

From what I can tell NS is still seeing new cases and exposures...we should keep you out?

33. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Seems to me like the pandemic is mostly over at this point. Seems vaccines are working. Just need to get everyone vaccinated.

34. C. Mike Hunt

Our numbers are being kind of stubborn though.
    Having said that, of 36 cases:
    • 15 are in Cape Breton
    • 16 are in Halifax Peninsula/Chebucto
    • 4 are in Bedford/Sackville
    • 1 in Dartmouth/Southeast
    Would be nice to see it drop some more

upload_2021-7-12_9-6-13.png

Vaccination numbers are looking pretty good

upload_2021-7-12_9-6-43.png

35. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

The pandemic is worldwide. It’s nice to think it’s over but it won’t be over until the vaccination rates are at 70%+ everywhere, not just NS (and despite Wayne’s best effort, no one cares about NB).

It’s tough to see poorer countries lagging behind even with increased efforts to get more vaccine out there. It’s even tougher to watch places like right-wing America just flat out refusing to take it and now putting everyone at risk.

The risk? If we only look at people refusing the vaccine, isn’t the risk only on them? The risk for everyone is the variants. So far, the vaccines have held strong but what happens when that’s no longer the case? The majority of new cases in the US are now the Delta variant that started in India. It just shows how quickly things morphed and adapted.

I’m personally still optimistic - I just spent a week in Central Oregon on vacation and it was a glorious mask-less week not even really thinking about the pandemic but… I know it’s not quite over yet.

chainsaw likes this.