1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. 17

teenage dirtbag

wow that’s amazing

I did mine at the convention Center and they had it down to a science. In and out no problem

2. 17

teenage dirtbag

Ohhhhhh boy

hit me around 5. I feel like I’m hungover and I’m going from being too way too hot to way too cold

lord I’m comin

Scott likes this.
  3. Goodson

internets!

just pour some disaronno all over your body and you'll be right as rain my child

17 likes this.
  4. 17

teenage dirtbag

disaronno solves all my problems. On the inside and outside

Grifter likes this.
  5. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-1_21-42-25.png

Today's press release

Today, July 1, Nova Scotia is reporting four new cases of COVID-19 and nine recoveries.

There are three cases in Central Zone and one in Northern Zone. All are related to travel.

The province is also reporting one probable case of COVID-19 connected to Oceanview Education Centre in Glace Bay.

Based on public health assessment, this case is being treated as a lab-confirmed positive to ensure all precautions are taken.

Indeterminate test results do not provide a negative or positive. They may occur because someone previously had COVID-19 and the virus is still detectable in their system, or someone has been tested before the virus is fully detectable. In these situations, public health conducts further assessment, including whether someone had or has symptoms or was recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, to inform how the case is treated. Since probable cases are not confirmed to be positive, they are not included in today’s total number of positive cases of COVID-19.

Public health will be in touch with any close contacts of probable or positive cases and advise of next steps, including testing. Everyone who is a close contact will be notified, tested and asked to self-isolate for 14 days.

Out of an abundance of caution, public health is recommending that all students and staff at the school be tested for COVID-19, whether or not they have symptoms. No self-isolation is required while they wait for test results unless they have been identified as a close contact by public health or have symptoms.

There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 51 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units. The median age of people hospitalized in the third wave is 52 for non-ICU and 55 for people in ICU.

On June 30, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,731 tests.

6. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 9 cases listed as resolved
    4/3731 = 0.11% positive rate

7. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-one-air-canada-flight

Potential exposure to COVID-19 on one Air Canada flight

Thursday, July 1, 2021 - 10:45PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 on one Air Canada flight.

In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who was on the following flight in the specified rows and seats should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.

• Air Canada 7560 travelling on June 28 from Montreal (7:30 p.m.) to Halifax (9:58 p.m.). Passengers in rows 12–18, seats A, C, and D. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 12.

*If you are FULLY VACCINATED: You are not required to self-isolate if it has been more than 14 days since your second dose of vaccine and you are not experiencing any symptoms. You are still asked to get tested 72 hours following the exposure. If you have or develop symptoms you should self-isolate, get tested, and stay isolated until you receive a negative test result.

*If you are PARTIALLY VACCINATED: If it has been more than 14 days since your first dose of vaccine, or more than 21 days if you’re 70 years old or greater...
    • Self-isolate for seven days from the last exposure date (until July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.)
    • Get tested 72 hours after the exposure and again on day five or six of isolation.
    • If you receive two negative test results, you can end isolation after day seven.
    • Public Health will contact you to answer your questions.
    • You will receive a call or email regarding the Public Health daily check-in digital service. This system will help you self-manage symptom monitoring and connect back to Public Health as needed.

*If you are UNVACCINATED: If you have not received any COVID-19 vaccine, you are required to:
    • Immediately self-isolate for 14 days from the exposure date (until July 12, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.), whether or not you have symptoms, and regardless of your test results.
    • Get tested 72 hours after the exposure.
    • You are asked to be re-tested on either day six, seven, or eight, and again on day 12, 13, or 14 following the last exposure.
    • If you cannot effectively isolate in your home away from other family members, please book testing every three or four days.
    • Public Health will contact you to answer your questions.
    • You will receive a call or email regarding the Public Health daily check-in digital service. This system will help you self-manage symptom monitoring and connect back to Public Health as needed.

8. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-2_14-0-6.png

Today's press release

Today, July 2, Nova Scotia is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 and five recoveries.

One case is in Central Zone and is under investigation. The other case is in Eastern Zone and is a close contact of a previously reported case.

There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

There have been 4,151 cases from March 15 to June 30, 2021. Of those:

• 26 (0.6 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 223 (5.4 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 3,902 (94 per cent) were unvaccinated
    There were 252 people hospitalized. Of those:
    • 2 (0.8 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 27 (10.7 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 223 (88.5 per cent) were unvaccinated
    Twenty-six people died. Of those:
    • 1 (3.8 per cent) was fully vaccinated
    • 3 (11.5 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 22 (84.6 per cent) were unvaccinated
    As of today, Nova Scotia has 47 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, three people are in hospital COVID-19 units.

On July 1, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,936 tests.

As of July 1, 961,653 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 253,331 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

9. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 5 cases listed as resolved
    • 35,591 vaccine doses administered (June 30 & July 1)
    2/2936 = 0.07% positive rate

10. Kimvisible

♥ • ♠ ♣

Went and got my second at the old brick in bayers lake. Well oiled machine out there.

My arm kills but I am now in the herd...baaaaaaaa

11. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

Just booked mine out there for this coming Wednesday afternoon.

KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  12. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-one-location-eastern-zone

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at one location in Eastern Zone

Friday, July 2, 2021 - 07:49PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at one location in Eastern Zone.

In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who visited or worked at the following location on the specified date and time period should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Your self-isolation and testing instructions for the following moderate risk exposure will depnd on your vaccination status. Please see details below.

Tim Hortons (100 McKeen St., Glace Bay) on June 30 between 3:15 p.m. and 5 p.m. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 14.

*If you are FULLY VACCINATED: You are not required to self-isolate if it has been more than 14 days since your second dose of vaccine and you are not experiencing any symptoms. You are still asked to get tested 72 hours following the exposure. If you have or develop symptoms you should self-isolate, get tested, and stay isolated until you receive a negative test result.

*If you are PARTIALLY VACCINATED: If it has been more than 14 days since your first dose of vaccine, or more than 21 days if you’re 70 years old or greater...
    Self-isolate for seven days from the last exposure date (until July 5, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.)
    Get tested 72 hours after the exposure and again on day five or six of isolation.
    If you receive two negative test results, you can end isolation after day seven.
    Public Health will contact you to answer your questions.
    You will receive a call or email regarding the Public Health daily check-in digital service. This system will help you self-manage symptom monitoring and connect back to Public Health as needed.

*If you are UNVACCINATED: If you have not received any COVID-19 vaccine, you are required to:
    Immediately self-isolate for 14 days from the exposure date (until July 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.), whether or not you have symptoms, and regardless of your test results.
    Get tested 72 hours after the exposure.
    You are asked to be re-tested on either day six, seven, or eight, and again on day 12, 13, or 14 following the last exposure.
    If you cannot effectively isolate in your home away from other family members, please book testing every three or four days.
    Public Health will contact you to answer your questions.
    You will receive a call or email regarding the Public Health daily check-in digital service. This system will help you self-manage symptom monitoring and connect back to Public Health as needed.

13. KLD

KLD

Hearing all of the people with gnarly side effects after the second dose of Moderna is making me nervous. I know it will probably be fine and if I do get sick it will be short lived, but really not looking forward to it. I keep hoping to find some sort of hack to make it better but I just keep finding the boring stuff like "eat healthy, drink water, blah blah blah".

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

My arm was sore and that was it.

15. 17

teenage dirtbag

mine was like a mild hangover, went to bed and woke up feeling great the next day

KLD likes this.
  16. MRA

MRA

Almost everyone I know that has had a second dose felt pretty shitty for at least a day afterwards. Which pretty much tracks even with a flu shot, you may or may not feel like shit for a few days

In the USA there have been some crazy stuff, one I read about last night was a guy had a heart attack 5 mins after getting the second dose. Obviously that is an exception to the norm but still alarming.

I've been trying to book my first shot for two weeks, can't get an appointment time anywhere, been checking once or twice a day.

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Go to a walk in. Probably easiest.

18. 17

teenage dirtbag

Call at 7am, you’ll get through and they’ll rebook you

19. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-3_20-48-44.png

Today's press release

Today, July 3, Nova Scotia is reporting eight new cases of COVID-19 and three recoveries.

Four cases are in Central Zone and are close contacts of previously reported cases.

The four other cases are in Eastern Zone. Three are close contacts of previously reported cases and one is under investigation.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 52 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units.

On July 2, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,913 tests.

20. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 3 cases listed as resolved
    8/2913 = 0.27% positive rate

21. C. Mike Hunt

22. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-4_13-1-44.png

Today's press release

Today, July 4, Nova Scotia is reporting three new cases of COVID-19 and two recoveries.

Two cases are in Central Zone and are close contacts of previously reported cases.

The other case is in Eastern Zone and is a close contact of previously reported case.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 53 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units.

On July 3, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,827 tests.

23. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 2 cases listed as resolved
    3/2827 = 0.11% positive rate

24. chainsaw

Wife and I had our 2nd Pfizer today. All good so far lol

C. Mike Hunt and Boots like this.
  25. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-one-location-eastern-zone-0

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at one location in Eastern Zone

Sunday, July 4, 2021 - 06:36PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at one location in Eastern Zone.

Anyone who visited or worked at the following location on the specified dates and time periods should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

For the following location, if you do not have any COVID-19 symptoms, you do not need to self-isolate while you await your test result. You are required to self-isolate while you await your test results if you have symptoms.

Canadian Tire (49 Sydney Port Access Rd., Sydney) on:
    June 22 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
    June 24 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
    June 25 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
    June 28 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
    June 30 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
    July 2 between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.

It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on these dates may develop symptoms up to, and including, July 16.

26. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

looks like the Store Manager is going to be off work for a few days.

27. C. Mike Hunt

28. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210705001

COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose Scheduling

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

July 5, 2021 - 8:49 AM

Nova Scotians who received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before June 15 can now schedule their second dose.

Notification emails will go out in batches. People who provided an email address at the time of booking will receive a notice by email to schedule their second dose. Anyone who did not provide an email or does not receive a notice can call the toll-free line at 1-833-797-7772 to schedule or to request an email address be added and the scheduling email issued.

When scheduling the second dose, people will select a date and time at any clinic across the province that has an available appointment. They will also be able to select a different vaccine for their second dose.

Drive-thru clinics in Dartmouth, Truro, New Glasgow and Wolfville now accommodate up to four people in one vehicle. At the time of booking, one to four people can be scheduled for one appointment time.

The province has updated the Nova Scotia immunization record to include the Province of Nova Scotia logo. Anyone who received a hard copy or printed their record on or before June 30 should request a new copy or reprint a copy using the new format.

29. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-5_13-33-41.png

Today's press release

Today, July 5, Nova Scotia is reporting one new case of COVID-19 and nine recoveries.

The case is in Central Zone and is related to travel. There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 45 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units. On July 4, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,293 tests.

As of July 4, 993,866 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 283,691 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

30. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 9 cases listed as resolved
    • 32,213 vaccine doses administered
    1/2293 = 0.04% positive rate

31. LMAC

_

I had nothing just a slightly sore arm, I expected the worst

32. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-7-6_12-40-19.png

Today's press release

Today, July 6, Nova Scotia is reporting seven new cases of COVID-19 and eight recoveries.

Six cases are in Central Zone. Five are close contacts of previously reported cases and one is related to travel.

The other case is in Eastern Zone and is a close contact of a previously reported case.

The close contacts are part of a linked group of families and do not represent wide community spread.

All four health zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 44 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units.

On July 5, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,146 tests.

As of July 5, 1,011,039 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 299,585 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

33. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 8 cases listed as resolved
    • 17,173 vaccine doses administered
    7/3146 = 0.22% positive rate

34. C. Mike Hunt

35. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210707004

COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose Scheduling

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

July 7, 2021 - 11:29 AM

Nova Scotians who received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before July 6 will receive an email to schedule their second dose in the coming days. This is the last group of people who will receive an email to schedule or reschedule their second-dose appointment.

Anyone who receives their first dose on or after July 7 will automatically receive an email to schedule their second dose afterward. Second doses can be scheduled 28 days after first doses.

Second dose scheduling notices are sent to the email address provided at the time of booking the first dose. Anyone who did not provide an email or does not receive a notice can call the toll-free line at 1-833-797-7772 to schedule or to request an email address be added and the notice issued.

Drive-thru clinics in Dartmouth, Truro, New Glasgow and Wolfville now accommodate up to four people in one vehicle. At the time of booking, one to four people can be scheduled for one appointment time.

People who received a dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Nova Scotia and provided an email address and health card number at the time of booking can request the digital record online at: https:/novascotia.ca/immunizationrecord

Anyone without an email address or health card number on file, or who did not receive an email with their record, can call toll-free 1-833-797-7772 and an operator can issue the record by email or by mail.