1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210628005

COVID-19 Vaccine Second Dose Rescheduling

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

June 28, 2021 - 1:19 PM

Nova Scotians who received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before May 30 and are scheduled to receive their second dose on or before Sept. 12 can now reschedule their appointments for earlier dates. Notification emails will go out in batches up until the end of day June 30.

People who provided an email address at the time of booking will receive a rescheduling notice by email. Anyone who did not provide an email or does not receive a notice can call the toll-free line at 1-833-797-7772 to reschedule or request an email address be added and the rescheduling email issued.

When rescheduling the second dose, people will select a new date and time at any clinic across the province that has an available appointment. They will also be able to select a different vaccine for their second dose.

The province has reduced the second dose interval from 35 days to 28 days.

Drive-thru clinics in Dartmouth, Truro and Wolfville now accommodate up to four people in one vehicle. At the time of booking, from one to four people can be scheduled for one appointment time.

2. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-6-28_13-48-15.png

Today's press release

Today, June 28, Nova Scotia is reporting four new cases of COVID-19 and four recoveries.

Three cases are in Eastern Zone. Two are under investigation and the other is a close contact of a previously reported case.

The other case is in Central Zone and is under investigation.

There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 57 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units. The median age of people hospitalized in the third wave is 52 for non-ICU and 55 for people in ICU.

On June 27, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 3,029 tests. As of June 27, 876, 217 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 172,910 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  3. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 4 cases listed as resolved
    • 28,387 vaccine doses administered
    4/3029 = 0.132% positive rate

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

C. Mike HuntC. Mike Hunt I think we may have to start planning your retirement party lol

briangtiguy and Grifter like this.
  5. C. Mike Hunt

6. 17

teenage dirtbag

Second dose tomorrow :bowdown:

KMD, LMAC, briangtiguy and 3 others like this.
  7. KLD

KLD

Even though I was nervous about my first dose, I'm looking forward to rebooking my second now! My original date is September 8, and I'd rather not get the second shot a week before my due date in case it makes me feel like crap as I'm sure I will feel like crap already haha. Just waiting for the email :)

8. 17

teenage dirtbag

i called the number, on hold for 40 min snd told the lady to book me the soonest one anywhere in HRM

tomorrow @ convention Center ftw

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If anyone wants their second appt cancelled before your email arrives I can do it if you are ok to share your last four digits of your health card with me lol

10. KLD

KLD

oh nice!!! That's good to know, thank you. Did you receive an email first or did you just call once you knew you were eligible based on first dose date?

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You just need to get that second Sept appt cancelled and then you can re-book freely.

KLD likes this.
  12. C. Mike Hunt

13. 17

teenage dirtbag

i called as soon as my first dose date was announced

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  14. Scott

rawr

Officially on the Astroderna team!

Matt30 and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  15. LMAC

_

same ... well today

Matt30 and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Double dosed :cool:

chainsaw, Scott, KMD and 2 others like this.
  17. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-6-29_12-16-27.png

Today's press release

Today, June 29, Nova Scotia is reporting one new case of COVID-19 and seven recoveries.

The case is in Eastern Zone and is a close contact of a previously reported case.

There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 51 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units. The median age of people hospitalized in the third wave is 52 for non-ICU and 55 for people in ICU.

On June 28, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 2,399 tests.

As of June 28, 898,247 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 193,200 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

18. C. Mike Hunt

Since last update:
    • 7 cases listed as resolved
    • 22,030 vaccine doses administered
    1/2399 = 0.04% positive rate

19. C. Mike Hunt

20. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210629004

Nova Scotia Starting Third Phase of Reopening, Opening Border to Canada

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

June 29, 2021 - 3:08 PM

Premier Iain Rankin and Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health, announced today, June 29, that Nova Scotia will start the third phase of its reopening plan on Wednesday, June 30, including opening the border to all Canadians.

“We’ve all been looking forward to the day when we can once again welcome all Canadians to visit our beautiful province,” said Premier Rankin. “Thanks to the hard work of Nova Scotians and our robust border and testing strategies, we’re now in a position to do that. Families and friends can see each other again, businesses can operate with less restriction and visitors can safely enjoy summer in Nova Scotia while still following public health measures.”

Residents of Atlantic Canada will be able to travel to Nova Scotia without having to self-isolate. If they are already in Nova Scotia, they can stop isolating on June 30.

People from other provinces and territories can come to Nova Scotia for any reason. They need to complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-in form, upload their proof of vaccination electronically and be prepared to show it if asked by border officials.

The requirement to self-isolate or not is based on their vaccination status:

• two doses of vaccine at least 14 days before arriving in Nova Scotia – people will not have to self-isolate; testing when they arrive is recommended
    • one dose of vaccine at least 14 days before arrival and those who had a second dose less than 14 days before arrival – people must self-isolate for at least seven days and cannot leave isolation until they get two negative tests results while in Nova Scotia; tests should be on day one or two and on day five or six after arrival
    • no vaccine – people who have not had any vaccine and those who had a first dose within 14 days of arrival must isolate for 14 days; testing at the beginning and end of their isolation continues to be recommended
    Anyone from outside Atlantic Canada who is already in Nova Scotia and isolating can switch to isolation based on the above vaccination status and testing policy on June 30.

“As we start welcoming people from across the country, we are also now in a position to reopen further within Nova Scotia with larger gathering limits and higher capacity for businesses,” said Dr. Strang. “We still need physical distance and masks in many settings, and everyone should get their first and second doses of vaccine as soon as possible and continue getting tested regularly.”

Each phase of the reopening plan is based on COVID-19 activity, hospitalizations, vaccination rates and continued testing. Heading into Phase 3, 73 per cent of all Nova Scotians have had one or more doses of vaccine, cases are typically in single digits each day and hospitalizations are decreasing. Testing volume is down slightly at an average of more than 5,300 per day and there is capacity to increase if needed.

Effective 8 a.m., June 30, the following restrictions are being eased provincewide:

Gatherings

• informal gatherings can include a household plus 10 people indoors, or 25 people total outdoors without physical distance
    • faith gatherings, weddings, funerals and associated receptions and visitation hosted by a recognized business or organization can have 50 per cent capacity to a maximum of 100 people indoors or 150 people outdoors
    Business
    • restaurants and licensed establishments continue to operate with existing mask and distancing rules; customers can go to the bar to order; establishments must stop service by midnight and close by 1 a.m.; they can have performers following the limit for arts and culture performances
    • all retail stores can operate at 75 per cent capacity
    • personal services such as hair salons, barber shops and spas can offer all services by appointment or drop-in, following their sector plan
    • meetings and training hosted by a recognized business or organization can have 50 per cent capacity to a maximum of 100 people indoors or 150 people outdoors
    • events hosted by a recognized business or organization can have 50 per cent capacity to a maximum of 100 people indoors or 150 people outdoors; organizers need a plan following guidelines for events
    Recreation and sport
    • fitness and recreation facilities such as gyms, yoga studios, pools and arenas can operate at 75 per cent capacity with public health measures
    • a wide variety of recreation and leisure businesses and organizations, such as dance classes, music lessons, escape rooms and indoor play spaces, can operate at 50 per cent capacity
    • organized sports practices, games, league play and recreation programs can involve up to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors without physical distancing; there can be no tournaments
    • audiences follow the gathering limits for events hosted by a recognized business or organization
    • day camps can operate with 20 campers per group plus staff and volunteers, following the day camp guidelines
    • overnight summer camps can operate with 15 campers per group plus staff and volunteers, following the overnight camp guidelines
    Arts and culture
    • professional and amateur arts and culture rehearsals and performances can involve up to 15 people indoors and 25 outdoors without physical distancing
    • audiences follow the gathering limits for events hosted by a recognized business or organization
    • museums, libraries and the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia can open at 50 per cent capacity
    Continuing care
    • indoor visits with fully vaccinated residents can resume in designated visitation areas at long-term care facilities
    • physical distancing is no longer required for outdoor visits at long-term care facilities
    • fully vaccinated residents can go to indoor and outdoor public places like parks, stores and restaurants

21. KLD

KLD

I got my email today and I snagged a date for July 15. I'm good with that!

Scott and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  22. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210629007

New COVID-19 Case at Glace Bay Elementary

Education and Early Childhood Development / COVID - 19

June 29, 2021 - 4:26 PM

Nova Scotia is reporting a COVID-19 case today, June 29, connected to Glace Bay Elementary in Eastern Zone.

This case was reported earlier today in the COVID-19 daily numbers release and on the COVID-19 data dashboard.

The school will be closed to students Wednesday, June 30, and will undergo a deep cleaning. The school year ends June 30, and staff, students and families will receive an update about retrieval of belongings.

Public health will be in touch with any close contacts of positive cases and advise of next steps, including testing. Everyone who is a close contact will be notified, tested and asked to self-isolate for 14 days.

Out of an abundance of caution, public health is recommending that all students and staff be tested for COVID-19, whether or not they have symptoms. No self-isolation is required while they wait for test results unless they have been identified as a close contact by public health or have symptoms.

23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

My arm is so sore this time lol

24. 17

teenage dirtbag

I have a tiny bit of soreness but moved it around a lot right after the jab so it’s pretty good today.

25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I heard that was nonsense... maybe I should have done it anyways lol

26. LMAC

_

I went home and worked out after i feel 100% and shoulder is only sore at injection site.. you probably should have lol

27. Wayne

Yeah the first time my arm was fucked...this time I am gonna move wheelbarrow loads of gravel just to work it.

28. 17

teenage dirtbag

it’s way less sore than the first time :o

29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Moving it around now a bunch if that helps lol

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I mean, if a sore arm is my only side effect, giddy up

Grifter likes this.
  31. Scott

rawr

Got my second shot Monday night, Moderna. Tuesday 3pm it hit me like a ton of bricks. Same as the Astra shot, tired, sore, achy, warm/chills. Went to bed around 8pm, got up feeling fine as kind today :bigup:

KMD likes this.
  32. Grifter

Bluh?

You're like the 5th person i "know" that has said that about moderna. Pfizer vaccine for me and nothing really happened. Kind of a sore arm like my flu shots, but that's it. Still waiting for my second, going to stick with Pfizer but still surprised by how anyone I "know" echoes what you said.

33. LMAC

_

I thought i was going to get floored because I had nothing from the first shot.. and I was 28 days after first and people were saying the closer together the worst things were but I got nothing so i'll take it

34. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-6-30_14-50-11.png

[ press release not yet available ]

35. C. Mike Hunt

Since yesterday's update:
    • 27,815 vaccine doses administered
    4/3942 = 0.1% positive rate