1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. chainsaw

Yeah I get that but all of us at home right now and doing everything online for pick up. The chances of me coming into contact with Covid are low - non existent right now. I can do this for a few more weeks until Pfizer is available to me. Why take a risk with AZ if I don’t have to?

BlackFire and Cracker like this.
  2. chainsaw

I saw the leaked email this am and doubted it of course. But the numbers were bang on so I guess it was legitimate. The email also listed continual outbreaks attached to schools (14 in CZ and 2 in EZ). I wonder why they left that part out in the official release?

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

With them being 45K tests behind the numbers are kind of useless imo

briangtiguy and chainsaw like this.
  4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I've been laying low this long, little bit longer isn't going to hurt.

KMD and chainsaw like this.
  5. Scott

rawr

there is a lot of info when you book asking you if you have a history of clots and such. Wouldnt be surprised if it advised you didnt.

chainsaw likes this.
  6. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

You’re likely only right because of the rural nature of NS but the laxness in your approach is part of what got India into the problem they’re now in.

As a co-worker in New Delhi told me yesterday, “I’m afraid to leave my house. The vaccine is available but I’m afraid to get in the queue as I might get sick.”

7. KMD

KMD

Lucky :eek7:

8. KMD

KMD

Isn't your government telling you to take the first shot you are offered?
    Your boy Justin is going to so disappointed in you Boots :(
    I got my Pfizer shot back on April 17 but still have to wait 4 months for the second so the first will be useless by then. Good thing Justin bought so many doses we are going to need them

Grifter likes this.
  9. Pottie

I guess I'm waiting for the next whatever the hell is available. I missed it on Friday because I was busy, but I saw it was booked solid by noon.

Just out of curiosity I checked right now...... Az is fully booked across the board.

10. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potenti...ss-province-and-testing-instructions-families
    Potential exposure to COVID-19 at various locations across the province and testing instructions for families of Riverview High School, Coxheath

Saturday, May 1, 2021 - 09:23PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at various locations across the province and testing instructions for families of Riverview High in Coxheath. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

SPECIAL NOTICE: Earlier today, all students and staff at Riverview High School received notification about an exposure at the school on April 21. Please follow these additional testing instructions:

• If you have not been directly contacted by Public Health identifying you as a close contact, please go to the pop-up rapid testing site at Centre 200 starting tomorrow.
    • If you have been notified by Public Health that you are a close contact, please book your appointment at the Primary Assessment Centre at Grand Lake Road. Public Health will follow up with you directly to provide additional information.
    • We ask that you do not go to the Membertou Entertainment Centre for testing if you are a staff member or student of Riverview High School.
    Anyone who worked at or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes should get tested. For the following locations, if you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your test result. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you are required to self-isolate while you wait for your test result.

• Superstore New Minas (9064 Commercial St, New Minas) on April 22 between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 6.
    • Chicory Blue (27 School Rd, Blockhouse) on April 27 between 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 11.
    • Yarmouth Mariners Centre (45 Jody Shelley Dr, Yarmouth) on April 23 between 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. and April 24 between 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes are required to self-isolate while waiting for their test result. If you get a negative result, you do not need to keep self-isolating. If you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.
    • HFX Sports Bar & Grill (1721 Brunswick St, Halifax) on April 22 between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 6.
    • Moxie’s Grill & Bar – Downtown Halifax (1610 Argyle St, Halifax) on April 22 between 10:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 6.
    • McDonalds Dartmouth (144 Main St, Dartmouth) on April 29 between 1:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and May 1 between 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 15.
    • Boston Pizza Yarmouth (134 Starrs Rd, Yarmouth) on April 23 between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes are required to self-isolate, get tested and continue self-isolating for 14 days, even with a negative test result.
    • SFS Szeto Fitness Studio (361 Charlotte St, Sydney) on April 21 between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 5.
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, any passengers who were on the following transit routes for at least 15 minutes on the named dates and times are required to self-isolate while waiting for their test result. If you get a negative result, you do not need to keep self-isolating. If you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.
    • **CORRECTION** Route 28 travelling from Lacewood Drive to Mumford Road [not Barrington St to Mumford Rd as previously indicated] on April 22 between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 6.
    • **CORRECTION** Route 28 travelling from Lacewood Drive to Mumford Road [not Barrington St to Mumford Rd as previously indicated] on April 23 between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    • Route 1 travelling from Spring Garden Road to Bridge Terminal on April 30 between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 14.
    • Route 9B travelling from Upper Water Street to Mumford Road on April 28 between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Route 28 travelling from Washmill Lake Drive to Lacewood Drive on April 28 between 12:30 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Route 28 travelling from Washmill Lake Drive to Mumford Road on April 28 between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Route 9A travelling from Mumford Road to Herring Cove Road on April 28 between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Route 9B travelling from Mumford Road to Herring Cove Road on April 28 between 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Route 10 travelling from Main Street to University Avenue on April 25, 26 and 27 between 6:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 11.
    • Route 10 travelling from University Avenue to Main Street on April 25, 26 and 27 between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 11.
    • Route 3 travelling from North Street to Windmill Road on April 19, 20, 21 and 23 between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    • Route 3 travelling from Windmill Road to North Street on April 19, 20, 21 and 23 between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.

11. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

It's Riverview Rural High School. Sheesh.

chainsaw likes this.
  12. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-5-2_16-17-52.png

Today's press release

Nova Scotia is reporting 133 new cases of COVID-19 today, May 2.

There are 117 cases in Central Zone, nine cases in Eastern Zone, one case in Northern Zone and six cases in Western Zone.

There is community spread in Central Zone. The Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As reported April 30, due to the volume of testing in the province, the Nova Scotia Health Authority lab is experiencing a backlog. There is also a delay in public health’s case data entry into Panorama.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 822 active cases of COVID-19. There are 34 people in hospital, including six in ICU.

On May 1, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 15,832 tests.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  13. chainsaw

I really don’t think these numbers are really reliable with the huge backlog. I was tested again Friday evening at 6:05 and got a robo call about an hour ago with negative results. I wasn’t expecting any word until early next week at least. Not sure where the backlog is at and how they are working through them priority wise. Also with today’s 822 active that’s another what 24 recoveries. That makes a little over 70 recoveries in the past 3 days. Again I’d love to know how they consider someone recovered

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Until they say the backlog is resolved the numbers may as well be random imo. I'm assuming they are processing tests in order they've been done but if they are backlogged how are people getting tested back so quickly?

chainsaw likes this.
  15. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

My sister was telling me how they were asking anyone who works in the hospital in Truro to go down to work nights in Halifax to work through the backlog - as long as you have a Bachelor of Science, you qualify. My sister is a dietitian.

Boots and chainsaw like this.
  16. chainsaw

Totally agree on the numbers, and I think the % rate has been pretty close yesterday and today, will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings and if it works out to be the same %+ again.
    Its weird reading through SM posts, you see people getting them back in 12 hours, and others waiting on day 6 now for their results. I think there is a prioritization happening for close contacts, exposure locations, or symptomatic etc. Which there totally should be with things being the way they are. Just hoping they dropped the appointments at primary assessment centres so they can get back on track

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I guess it'd make sense to deprioritize the random tests

chainsaw likes this.
  18. Pottie

I had a test Thursday morning, got a negative result exactly 69 hours later...... NIIIIICE

19. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-several-locations-and-six-flights

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at several locations and six flights

Sunday, May 2, 2021 - 09:39PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at various locations across the province and six flights. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who worked at or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes are required to self-isolate while waiting for their test result. If you get a negative result, you do not need to keep self-isolating. If you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.

• KFC (75 Tacoma Drive, Dartmouth) on April 23 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., April 24 from 3:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. or April 25 from 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 9.
    • Maritime Bus travelling from Halifax International Airport to Sydney on April 26 from 3:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including May 10.
    • Halifax Transit routes:
    • *CORRECTION: Exposure times* Route 3 travelling from North/Windsor Street to Burnside on April 19, 20, 21, 23 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Route 3 travelling from Burnside to North/Windsor Street on April 19, 20, 21, 23 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    • Route 10 travelling from Dartmouth to Halifax on April 23 from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    • Route 10 travelling from Halifax to Dartmouth on April 23 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following location on the named date and times for at least 15 minutes are required to self-isolate, get tested and continue self-isolating for 14 days, even with a negative test result.
    • Mulgrave Park Basketball Court (Mulgrave Park, Halifax) on April 25 from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 9.
    • Body ‘n’ Soul (606 Reeves Street, Port Hawkesbury) on April 27 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 11.
    Anyone who was on the following flights in the specified rows and seats should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.
    • Air Canada flight 8780 travelling on April 26 from Montreal (8:00 a.m.) to Halifax (10:30 a.m.) Passengers in rows 22-27 are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 10.
    • West Jet flight 232 travelling on April 26 from Calgary (9:30 a.m.) to Halifax (5:30 p.m.) Passengers in rows 1-3, seats C, D and F are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 10.
    • West Jet flight 3346 travelling on April 28 from Toronto (9:00 a.m.) to Halifax (12:10 p.m.) Passengers in rows 1-7, seats B, C, and D are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 12.
    • Air Canada flight 8780 travelling on April 29 from Montreal (8:00 a.m.) to Halifax (10:30 a.m.) Passengers in rows 20-26, seats C, D and F are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 13.
    • Air Canada flight 8782 travelling on April 29 from Montreal (7:10 p.m.) to Halifax (9:30 p.m.) Passengers in rows 23-27, seats C, D and F are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 13.
    • West Jet flight 232 travelling on April 30 from Calgary (9:30 a.m.) to Halifax (5:30 p.m.) Passengers in rows 24-30, seats A,B C and D are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 14.

20. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210503001

People Aged 50 to 54 Now Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccines; First Drive-Thru Clinic

Health and Wellness / COVID - 19

May 3, 2021 - 8:58 AM

Starting today, May 3, people aged 50 and older can book appointments for Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines at clinics across the province.

All community clinics and many participating pharmacies have available appointments for this age group.

Appointments for COVID-19 vaccines will be released continuously as vaccine supply is confirmed.

Nova Scotia’s first COVID-19 vaccination drive-thru clinic will open on Monday, May 10, at the Dartmouth General Hospital. This clinic will be for people 50 and older. Appointments will be posted Tuesday, May 4.

chainsaw likes this.
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Drive through is sweet. I hope they have that when they get to the 40s haha

22. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Dartmouth,Shots,and drive-bys. That’s not a first.
    Any indication when 40+ will have access to more than just the sloppy seconds?

chainsaw likes this.
  23. C. Mike Hunt

They've been pretty good at dropping it weekly so my guess would be around the 17th.

24. chainsaw

Awesome news on the 50+ group. That really makes me think that my group (45+) will be in the next week or two.

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I wouldn't be surprised around here if instead of, "You want fries with that?" it turns into "you want a vaccine with that?"

It was a home game for the Sounders (MLS) last night and you could get a shot at the stadium at the game.

chainsaw likes this.
  26. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

27. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-5-3_13-30-58.png

Today's press release

Nova Scotia is reporting 146 new cases of COVID-19 today, May 3.

There are 130 cases in Central Zone, nine in Eastern Zone, four in Northern Zone and three in Western Zone.

There is community spread in Central Zone. The Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.

As reported April 30, due to the volume of testing in the province, the Nova Scotia Health Authority lab is experiencing a backlog. There is also a delay in public health’s case data entry into Panorama.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 943 active cases of COVID-19. There are 40 people in hospital, including six in ICU.

On May 2, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 17,092 tests.

As of May 2, 320,910 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 36,600 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

28. C. Mike Hunt

21 cases have been listed as resolved since yesterday's update.

8,417 vaccine doses have been administered since Friday's update.

29. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potenti...ons-across-province-and-one-air-canada-flight

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at various locations across the province and one Air Canada flight

Monday, May 3, 2021 - 08:04PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at various locations across the province and one Air Canada flight. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

• Body N Soul Gym (606 Reeves St. Port Hawkesbury) on April 22 between 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. and on April 23 between 3:30 p.m. and 6p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 7.
    • Aerie Store (Mic Mac Mall, 21 Micmac Blvd Suite 119, Dartmouth) on April 26 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 10.
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, any passengers who were on the following transit routes for at least 15 minutes on the named dates and times are required to self-isolate while waiting for their test result. If you get a negative result, you do not need to keep self-isolating. If you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.
    • Route 4 travelling from Lemarchant & University to Lacewood Terminal on April 22 between 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 6.
    Anyone who was on the following flights in the specified rows and seats should visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.
    • Air Canada 8780 travelling on April 29 from Montreal (8:00 a.m.) to Halifax (10:24 a.m.). Passengers in rows 13-19, seats C, D, and F are asked to immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, May 13.

30. Grifter

Bluh?

1502 cases. Kenney is diverting vaccines to us. Also lowering the eligible age to 18. Hopefully that helps.

KMD, chainsaw and Boots like this.
  31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Didn't realize how bad it's gotten there. Apparently Alberta has the highest infection rate in North America right now :eek3:

32. Grifter

Bluh?

It's pretty fucking bad. New restrictions are coming today. We don't have much left they can clamp down on other than to shut everything down for a couple weeks.

33. Grifter

Bluh?

We are adding 1400+ cases every day for the past week...2000+ yesterday alone. Sitting at 23000 active cases. 654 in hospital... 158 in the ICU. 2090 fatal cases since it began.

Covid fatigue is very real here.

34. KMD

KMD

35. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-5-4_16-42-42.png

Today's press release

Today, May 4, Nova Scotia is reporting two deaths related to COVID-19. A woman in her 50s and a man in his 70s have died in Central Zone.

There have now been 69 COVID-related deaths in Nova Scotia.

Nova Scotia is also reporting 153 new cases of COVID-19 today.

There are 139 cases in Central Zone, 10 in Eastern Zone, three in Northern Zone and one in Western Zone.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 1,060 active cases of COVID-19. There are 37 people in hospital, including eight in ICU.

On May 3, Nova Scotia Health Authority's labs completed 19,174 tests.

As of May 3, 325,218 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 36,687 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.