Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. infatuous

I've answered it. You likely just gloss over my responses though. It's a coalition of big tech, fortune 100 companies and China. The big problem for the world is that China seems to have corrupted the entire UN, so many other countries are also involved including Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, Australia and more. It's still not clear just how big it goes, but it's obviously much larger than Trump thought when he decided to try to take them down.

I saw a really interesting chart earlier today that of course I can't find now. What it demonstrated was a massive rise in US companies being sold to China during the Obama years. In 2016, Trump gets in and the sales to China plummeted. China would like to get back to work buying up all the major US companies. They just tried to buy GE and all of it's military IP.

2. infatuous

Man, wanting life to go back to normal is just so far right.

3. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Since this is the COVID thread - fastest way to get there is for everyone to follow guidance on masks and social distancing and for everyone to take the vaccine.

Your option of ignore it, it’s not real, won’t work.

4. infatuous

Why not? It worked for every other virus before this one that just so happened to come from a Chinese lab in an election year in the USA where China helped their infiltrated party win an election. It's a very convenient distraction from some very dirty political games being played right now, don't ya think?

And as for masks and lockdowns working, I've posted a wealth of information here to demonstrate that they don't do shit. California went commie tight and they're one of the worst states right now. Go compare South Dakota and Florida to New York and California. Then compare Sweden to Peru.

As for masks, this is all the data I need:

[​IMG]

On rational ground they have a chart like this for tons of jurisdictions. No jurisdiction ever saw a reduction in the graph after the mask mandate or lockdown. Not a single one. They lied to you. You bought it and now you're trying to sell it to me. No thanks.

5. infatuous

6. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

You can't be that dumb. Nobody can.

chainsaw, LMAC and Wayne like this.
  7. infatuous

I'll admit, I'm certainly missing something. I might get it if you guys didn't discuss shit like 5 year olds going "you're stupid" and then running away to hide between their mom's legs. Post some fucking information. Post some data. How is it I've lived over 40 years and we've never reacted to a virus this way? Fuck.

8. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Did a 4 year old put this together? It certainly reads like kid logic.

9. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I'm not explaining that to you because if you've actually made it 40 years and still don't comprehend risk mitigation vs risk elimination, there not enough bandwidth available to break down the explanation enough for you to understand.

HairyAss likes this.
  10. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

All of the information you want is/has been spoon fed to you for like 8 months now. All you’re posting is made up BS. You haven’t listened once.

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That's how it works. Ignore the questions they don't like the answers to. That's the only way the insanity can make any sense.

12. infatuous

Man answers question. Other man goes on rant about first man not answering question. I wonder how we’ve all ended up at an impasse.

13. Scott

rawr

Amazing.

14. infatuous

Another amazing reply from Scott everyone. Scott used 7 letters today everybody. Give Scott a hand for his effort.

Scott likes this.
  15. infatuous

Looks like Ireland's lockdowns are working to flatten the curve.

[​IMG]

They just flattened it on the wrong axis. We should really triple down on this strategy.

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

They just went into lockdown Dec 26th so if there is any positive benefit from it, it won't be seen for at least two weeks after that. Doesn't fit your narrative so you'll ignore this fact but we're used to that.

17. C. Mike Hunt

18. infatuous

You guys have been ignoring data out of Sweden this entire pandemic. My god the hypocrisy.

19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Ireland shot down now you jump to Sweden. Sweden will get shot down and you'll jump to something else. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

20. Scott

rawr

what can I say, you really leave me at a loss for words

21. infatuous

1664 people out of 38 million. And we're shutting businesses, and traumatizing kids, and bankrupting the greatest nation on earth. Simply fucking incredible.

22. Scott

rawr

you release because of what we're doing, is why we have the cases we do, and not the other way around?

23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

"I don't understand why we spend all this money on a clean water supply when hardly anyone is dying from tainted water"

Scott likes this.
  24. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

See now we're getting somewhere! There's lots of safety precautions that we are taking that are unnecessary. I mean, look at air travel. Probably one of the safest means of travel yet for some reason we have the FAA and NTSB still going over all those planes with fine tooth combs making sure they are "safe" to fly and the pilots need thousands of hours of schooling, and yet car travel, where most accidents occur just need a few hours of training for the driver and a 30 dollar vehicle inspection every two years. Seems kind of backwards of you ask me!

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Ignoring what? They tried a different approach without things like lockdowns and it has proven not to work. They just announced they’re implementing a lockdown. Imagine that.

Look - I get being skeptical about things like this - you’ve even posted links to users on here being skeptical about this in the beginning but ... pretty much every world leader and every leading world health scientist agrees both on the severity on the situation and the best approach to get it under the control but yet... citizen journalists know more than they do? You see how that’s crazy, right?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021 at 12:05 PM
  26. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Wtf is a citizen journalist? Just someone with a blog?

27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

A person with a Twitter account.

28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I'd say it's more dangerous than that. It can be anyone, without any training, who starts calling themselves a journalist, and just starts posting their views on things. There is no journalistic integrity, no accountability, nothing... so, they post stuff, get a following, and then get more dangerous. Fact checking is not something they adhere to, "sources" they cite are usually BS, and folks like infatuous get sucked into thinking that is "real" journalism.

29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

It makes about as much sense as a "Citizen Doctor" lol

30. LMAC

_

oh? do you have kids? are they traumatized?

31. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-1-11_15-4-47.png

Today's press release

As of today, Jan. 11, Nova Scotia has 26 active cases of COVID-19. Five new cases are being reported today.

Two cases are in Central Zone and are related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The people are self-isolating, as required. One of the cases is a student at Dalhousie University in Halifax who lives off campus.

One case is in Western Zone and is related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The person is a student at Acadia University in Wolfville. The student lives on campus and has been self-isolating, as required.

Two cases are in Northern Zone. One case is related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The person is self-isolating, as required. The other case is a close contact of a previously reported case.

32. C. Mike Hunt

5/2193 = 0.228% positive rate.

7 recoveries in the past 24 hours.

33. C. Mike Hunt

34. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-two-locations-northern-zone

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at two locations in Northern Zone

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 06:30PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at two locations in the Northern Zone. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Out of an abundance of caution and given the current testing capacity available, anyone who worked or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should immediately visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you are required to self-isolate while you wait for your test result. If you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your test result.

• Foodland (Bible Hill, 241 Pictou Rd, Truro) on Jan. 2 between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Jan. 16.
    • Sobeys (Fundy Trail Mall, 68 Robie St, Truro) on Jan. 4 between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Jan. 18.

35. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

That Foodland is right around the corner from where I grew up! :eek: !!