Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Scott

rawr

2. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

3. Scott

rawr

Sheep. One calls, they all call.

4. infatuous

Sad, but it happens. Still doesn't make any of this right. People die in car crashes every day. Many more than covid. Should we confiscate cars? Oh, well the climate nazis will do that eventually.

I could die of it if I get it. I have a compromised immune system. I don't expect the world to shut down for me though. That's the difference between the brave and the weak. I'm not going to let it rule my life. If you stop living out of fear, you're already dead anyway.

5. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Are you Ok with shutting down the healthcare system? Because that is the real issue, not your life or death.

6. infatuous

Again, the healthcare system is running at 80% capacity right now where a normal year is 103%.

7. C. Mike Hunt

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

upload_2021-1-8_15-10-46.png

As of today, Jan. 8, Nova Scotia has 29 active cases of COVID-19. Two new cases are being reported today.

One case is in Eastern Zone and one case is in Central Zone. Both cases are related to travel outside Atlantic Canada. The people are self-isolating, as required.

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure safety measures and other important actions can continue. The order will take effect at noon Sunday, Jan. 10 and extend to noon Sunday, Jan. 24, unless government terminates or extends it.

Scott likes this.
  8. C. Mike Hunt

2/1381 = 0.109% positive rate.

1 recovery in the past 24 hours.

9. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20210108004

New Brunswick Border Tightened and Public Health Restrictions Extended

Due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia is tightening border controls.

Premier Stephen McNeil and Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health, announced today, Jan. 8, a new self-isolation requirement for people coming to Nova Scotia from New Brunswick. It takes effect tomorrow, Jan. 9, at 8 a.m.

“Our case numbers are improving in Nova Scotia and we want to keep it that way,” said Premier McNeil. “Given the sharp rise in cases in New Brunswick, we are taking the step of tightening our border to limit opportunities for the virus to spread.”

Starting tomorrow, people entering Nova Scotia from New Brunswick must complete the Nova Scotia Safe Check-in form before arriving and self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival. Nova Scotians returning from New Brunswick must also self-isolate for 14 days, unless they are exempt from the order. For example, people who regularly cross the provincial border for work do not have to isolate and can get a pass from border officials to display in their vehicle.

This new requirement is not retroactive. However, people who arrived from New Brunswick or had visitors from that province in the past 14 days should get tested immediately and consider a second test five to seven days later. They should self-isolate while waiting for the first test result. People can book a test at https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en .

Permanent residents of Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador do not have to isolate if they drive straight through New Brunswick to Nova Scotia with no or minimal stops.

Post-secondary students arriving from anywhere except Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador should get tested on day 6, 7 or 8 of their self-isolation. Students arriving from New Brunswick should check with their institutions about any potential changes in residence accommodations related to self-isolation.

“While our case numbers are improving, we are not out of the woods yet especially given the risk of importing case through travel from other jurisdictions,” said Dr. Strang. “We continue to ask people not to travel unless it’s necessary, follow all the public health measures, and get tested even if you don’t have symptoms to help project your families, friends and communities.”

10. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

By "normal year", you mean a year dealing with the Flu, where I've already pointed out that the main reason we take a flu vaccine is to keep that from happening. The flu varies year to year so it is hard to predict.

I'm not sure which healthcare system is running at 80% capacity (all of Canada, the world, Pakistan?), but you need to look at a more micro level to get data. I would expect that Nova Scotia could probably be sitting at 80% but I would suspect Toronto is much higher. As I posted earlier, London, UK is putting out warnings about being overrun in about 2 weeks if numbers keep going the way they are.

It's math. You seem to want to bang on the 97.7% recovery rate which is one type of math. Look at the math that matters.

11. 17

teenage dirtbag

This aged nicely

Scott likes this.
  12. infatuous

Didn't realize how much I love you guys. :hugs:

13. infatuous

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

infatuousinfatuous - That's a great website, thanks for sharing. If you look at it today, numbers are starting to spike past historic numbers in certain areas of Toronto: https://www.kflaphi.ca/aces-pandemic-tracker/

Hospitals have been preparing for this - cancelling non-essential surgeries, whatever they have to do to prepare for the influx.

But, hey, you're more of an expert than health care professionals so I'll listen to you (waiting for your link to some right-wing nut-job "health professional" who disagrees with the "main stream").

15. infatuous

A very good friend of mine runs the emergency department at one of the Toronto hospitals. Another friend is an emergency cardiac doc here in Halifax. I have many other friends who are nurses, and I work in labour mobility software for the health industry. So yeah, I know some shit about health care labour that some others may not. I don't need Bitchute to know this is bullshit. I use those sources to learn what other jurisdictions are doing, what's working etc., and to try to educate some of you and try to open your eyes to the real world a bit.

16. Scott

rawr

Its a good thing you're the only one who knows people in the health care system to keep us woke

17. infatuous

Woke? What is that? Isn't that term reserved for idiots who think men can have babies?

18. Scott

rawr

goes along with the cuck you toss around

19. LMAC

_

Nah nothing yet... I'm sure it will happen not worried or care is winter and cold. Only thing that did is online learning till 23..

20. LMAC

_

Youll die there faster way to accept the lockdown sheep

soxfan5, 17 and Scott like this.
  21. chainsaw

I have to admit I find it quite funny that when these zealot, it's only the flu, 99.7% survival rate people start spewing their "true" facts, they always tend to use the exact same ones and videos. The messages / replies are identical, like there is a manual or something. Always the same "real facts", same American story or example connections, and same youtube experts/doctors, but we are "the sheep" :bowdownro

Scott likes this.
  22. Scott

rawr

Only a sheep would think like this

chainsaw likes this.
  23. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Just to throw crazy a bone, I will agree that some of the measures being implemented are not helpful and we need to re-look at how we're approaching some things. The big one for me is online vs. in-person school. All of what we've learned both shows it is possible to open schools safely and that the schools don't end up being "super spreader" locations even when COVID is found. Online schooling SUCKS. My kids are learning nothing and emotionally and socially, it's a huge toll. Knowing what we've learned over the last year, I would send them back to school in a heartbeat.

24. Scott

rawr

Yeah we've done a pretty good job with the schools here in NS. It's not perfect, but overall

KMD and chainsaw like this.
  25. chainsaw

Agree, to my admitted surprise, it has been ok so far. But another part of me thinks we have just been lucky so far. It's a crazy stressful situation at times, some of the rules seem arbitrary and frustrating at times (like what is said that can't be done, but then other things that are allowed) Fingers crossed it continues the same way

Scott likes this.
  26. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

When I was back to NS, we met up with my sister - my niece is just about the same age as my kids and, living in NS, is in-school vs. my kids doing online schooling in Seattle. It was interesting listening to their perspective. The first thing my niece said was, "you guys are sooo lucky to be able to do school online!". Her perspective was that the kids don't take it seriously enough and as a rule follower, it stresses her out all day with the masks, etc. My kids are both *really* struggling with online and were quick to point out all the downsides. Nothing is perfect right now but IMO if you can make in-person work, do whatever you can.

27. Scott

rawr

28. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Main stream medical journal? No thanks. @DaveLovesWhitePeople on twitter says Covid is a common cold.

Scott likes this.
  29. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-1-9_14-35-25.png

Today's press release

As of today, Jan. 9, Nova Scotia has 31 active cases of COVID-19. Three new cases are being reported today.

Two cases are in Central Zone. One case is a close contact of a previously reported case. The other case is related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The person is self-isolating, as required.

One case is in Eastern Zone and is related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The person is a student at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish. The student lives on campus and has been self-isolating, as required.

30. C. Mike Hunt

3/1154 = 0.26% positive rate.

1 recovery in the past 24 hours.

31. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-air-canada-flight

Potential exposure to COVID-19 on Air Canada flight

Saturday, January 9, 2021 - 06:34PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 on one Air Canada flight. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who was on the following flight in the specified rows and seats is asked to continue to self-isolate and immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

• Air Canada flight 7558 travelling on Jan. 5 from Montreal (1:30 p.m.) to Halifax (4:03 p.m.). Passengers in rows 22-27 seats A C and D are asked to continue to self-isolate and immediately visit https://covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/en to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have COVID-19 symptoms. All other passengers on this flight should continue to self-isolate as required and monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Jan. 19, 2021.

32. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

0461CDE5-8304-4C1D-BD07-072DB0B4FFEC.jpeg

Skiing today. Hot damn, I hope the ski hills manage to stay open during all of this!!

chainsaw, KMD, Grifter and 1 other person like this.
  33. C. Mike Hunt

Holy shit

upload_2021-1-10_12-56-25.png

Today's press release

As of today, Jan. 10, Nova Scotia has 28 active cases of COVID-19. No new cases are being reported today.

One of the cases reported on Jan. 7 in Central Zone is a resident of another province or territory and is therefore being removed from our cumulative provincial data.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021 at 12:58 PM
    Cracker, Boots and Nick84 like this.
  34. C. Mike Hunt

2 recoveries in the past 24 hours.

35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Very nice. Good to see the measures work. We've been super lucky to not even really be affected here thanks to everyone working together. Who'd have thought? :bowdown:

HairyAss, C. Mike Hunt and Scott like this.