Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Wayne

But I completely see why more socially out there folks would not like it. I generally avoid people other than my close circle of friends.

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

From the start of wfh I built an office and the rule has been that when I'm in my office I'm working. I can be in there working even with a full house and it doesn't really affect me at all. Definitely have to set boundaries with kids and stick to em when it comes to wfh

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  3. KLD

KLD

I asked to come back to the office, I find it so much better and easier to keep track of my work as I need to print things off for hard copy paperwork to send to my shipping department. I hated not being able to handle the paperwork onsite (I had to print to them and explain what was going on). I used to work from home years ago doing transcription and while the nature of that job made it easy to do at home, I started becoming depressed after a couple of years. Some of my colleagues would be happy to never come back tot he office, haha. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - a lot of people are still at home for now with no return date.

4. ouird

I'm Weird

I've been working from home for almost a decade. It's the biggest perk I get (to me anyway). I'm very happy I can do that.

5. C. Mike Hunt

6. C. Mike Hunt

7. C. Mike Hunt

8. C. Mike Hunt

And some groovy graphics for the past 30 days

upload_2020-8-30_20-44-36.png

9. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-8-31_17-7-31.png

Today's press release

One new case was identified on Sunday, Aug. 30. The other new case was identified late day, Aug. 31.

The Aug 30 case is in the Eastern Zone and is related to travel outside of Atlantic Canada. The individual has been self-isolating, as required. The Aug. 31 case is in the Western Zone and is a student attending Université Sainte-Anne. More information will be shared about this case in tomorrow’s case update.

The province is also reporting two probable cases of COVID-19 at two universities. The students, one at Dalhousie University in Halifax, and one at Acadia University in Wolfville, have received indeterminate test results. Both students are from outside the Atlantic bubble, live off-campus and have been self-isolating, as required.

Based on public health assessment, these two cases are being treated as though they are lab-confirmed positives to ensure all precautions are taken. They will be tested again before their 14-day self-isolation period is finished, as part of the testing strategy for post-secondary students.

Indeterminate test results do not provide a negative or positive. They may occur because someone previously had COVID-19 and the virus is still detectable in their system, or someone has been tested before the virus is fully detectable. In these situations, public health conducts further assessment, including whether someone had or has symptoms or was recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, to inform how the case is treated. Since probable cases are not confirmed to be positive, they are not included in the total number of positive cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

10. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-9-1_14-0-4.png

Today's press release

Yesterday, Aug. 31, the province identified and reported a case in the Western Zone. The individual is a student attending Université Sainte-Anne and did not properly self-isolate. As with all cases, public health is working to identify close contacts. This case was included in yesterday’s case update.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Nick84 and Boots like this.
  11. C. Mike Hunt

12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Should be kicked out of the province for failing to self isolate. Go study elsewhere.

Top Gun and Grifter like this.
  13. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

A lot of folks in that age group just don't give a fuck. I was out with a friend on the weekend and her son is back to University - she got an emergency phone call as cases at the school were on the rise. She calls her son and his response was, "No one cares, mom." She eventually told him he won't be going home for Christmas unless he changes his attitude.

I'll be amazed, even with all the pre-cautions, if at least one Atlantic University doesn't end up going online after about a month.

14. Grifter

Bluh?

We've had a jump from 18 cases to 31 since Thursday. My oldest goes back to school tomorrow. I really feel like schools will be shut down by xmas at the latest. But the mentality around here has baffled even me. I know I'm more laid back about this than you guys, but I won't deny that the measures we've taken yielded results and now that they are being ignored by many we've tripled our cases in like 2 weeks.... Not happy.

15. C. Mike Hunt

16. C. Mike Hunt

https://globalnews.ca/news/7312641/wear-mask-no-kissing-sex-coronavirus-tam

Stop kissing, wear a mask while having sex to prevent coronavirus, Tam says

Skip kissing and consider wearing a mask when having sex to protect yourself from catching the coronavirus, Canada’s chief medical officer said on Wednesday, adding that going solo remains the lowest risk sexual option in a pandemic.

Dr. Theresa Tam said in a statement there is little chance of catching COVID-19 from semen or vaginal fluid, but sexual activity with new partners does increase the risk of contracting the virus, particularly if there is close contact like kissing.

“Like other activities during COVID-19 that involve physical closeness, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of getting infected and spreading the virus,” she said.

Skip kissing, avoid face-to-face closeness, wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose, and monitor yourself and your partner for symptoms ahead of any sexual activity, Tam said.

“The lowest risk sexual activity during COVID-19 involves yourself alone,” she added.

(more on link)

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

or just visit a BC glory hole

Grifter and Nick84 like this.
  18. Gooch

I got into it with some people on FB that truly believe this whole thing is a scam. Death rate is less than .01%. common flu is more dangerous, Masks are going to take away all our freedoms. Next step is we are all slaves to the man, pedophiles are behind it all. blah blah blah
    They truly believe this
    They send screenshot of stats that they say is proof which have no context and make no sense. Its so sad that there are people like this.
    Of course the majority of them are tarot card readers, self help coaches and all between the ages of divorce and menopause.

ouird and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  19. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Arguing with anyone on Facebook about anything is futile.

Then again, same thing here but I still log on. lol.

Grifter and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  20. C. Mike Hunt

21. C. Mike Hunt

No, no, you're all wrong. The masks have a hidden 5G antenna and Bill Gates is behind it because the "vaccine" is a way to microchip us all. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  22. Gooch

Yeah your right, but I was bored and She was just being so ridiculous.
    This Pandemic has really opened my eyes to how stupid people are.
    I am not claiming to be smart, But I at least realize I do not know shit about most things and I am willing to take advice and guidance from people who know a particular topic better than I. And that is a fuck ton of topics.

HairyAss and Boots like this.
  23. Gooch

You read her feed I see
    It must be mental illness i guess. I am sure in times like this a lot of folks become unhinged, and that's fine. But they are putting others at risk and that's not cool.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  24. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Online school starts for my kids' school tomorrow. Long weekend and then news headline in the Seattle Times this morning about next week: "Hottest Week of the summer on the way next week" - Jeebus. This is not going to go well.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  25. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-9-4_18-12-34.png

Today's press release

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure the safe reopening of businesses and services. The order will take effect at noon Sunday, Sept. 6 and extend to noon Sunday, Sept. 20, unless government terminates or extends it.

Beginning today, the list of symptoms being screened for COVID-19 is being updated to reflect the epidemiology in Nova Scotia.

“When we broadened the list, we said we would continue to monitor how COVID-19 presents and adapt the list of symptoms if needed,” said Dr. Robert Strang, chief medical officer of health for Nova Scotia. “We have reviewed the symptoms that our confirmed cases were presenting with and are confident that having a narrower list will still allow us to identify people with COVID-19.”

Visit https://811.novascotia.ca to determine if you should call 811 for further assessment if in the past 48 hours you have had, or you are currently experiencing:

• fever or cough (new or worsening)
    Or: Two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening):
    • sore throat
    • runny nose
    • headache
    • shortness of breath

Nick84 likes this.
  26. C. Mike Hunt

27. C. Mike Hunt

28. ouird

I'm Weird

Posters like that on FB have helped me greatly reduce my time on there. I close out FB with the 1st shithead post. I don't stay on FB long anymore.

I'm of the mind, that I'd rather be wrong and wear a mask, vs being wrong about not wearing masks.
    The cost of one is much higher than the other. I'm willing to take that risk.

Gooch and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  29. Gooch

Exactly. I hope we are wrong but its just a little mask.

ouird likes this.
  30. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-9-7_12-47-36.png
    Today's press release

The new case is in Central Zone and is currently under investigation by Public Health.

31. C. Mike Hunt

32. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/nova-sc...tential-covid-19-exposure-canada-games-centre

Nova Scotia Health advising of potential COVID-19 exposure at Canada Games Centre
    Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - 02:42PM
    Public Health is advising of potential public exposure to COVID-19 in the Fitness Centre at Canada Games Centre, 26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax on the following dates/times:

• August 28, 29, 30 from 10 am to 1 pm
    • August 31 and September 1 from 5 pm to 8 pm

Public Health has been directly contacting anyone known to be a contact of the case involved.
    The risk of exposure is low, however Public Health is asking patrons of the fitness centre to self-monitor for development of symptoms. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the dates noted may develop symptoms up to, and including, 14 days from their last potential exposure.

(more on link)

33. C. Mike Hunt

34. chainsaw

I missed the PC today (work) was the potential exposure at the CGC the home care worker or did they even say?

35. C. Mike Hunt

I believe so.