Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. C. Mike Hunt

2. C. Mike Hunt

3. C. Mike Hunt

4. C. Mike Hunt

5. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-8-8_11-20-15.png

Today's press release

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure the safe reopening of businesses and services. The order will take effect at noon Sunday, Aug. 9, and extend to noon Sunday, Aug. 23, unless government terminates or extends it.

Nick84 and Cracker like this.
  6. C. Mike Hunt

Cracker and Nick84 like this.
  7. C. Mike Hunt

Nick84 and Boots like this.
  8. C. Mike Hunt

9. C. Mike Hunt

10. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-8-14_11-9-33.png

Today's press release

The new case is in the Northern Zone and is currently under investigation by public health.

Boots likes this.
  11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

12. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-8-15_12-0-2.png

Today's press release

The new cases are in the Northern Zone and are currently under investigation by Public Health. These new cases and the one announced Friday, Aug. 14 are all travel related.

13. C. Mike Hunt

Just realized that I missed Thursday's post:

New confirmed cases - 0
    Cumulative confirmed cases - 1,071
    Active cases - 0
    Resolved cases - 1,007
    Deaths - 64
    Patients in hospital (non-ICU) - 0
    Patients in hospital (ICU) - 0
    Total negative tests - 67,310

Thursday's press release

14. Scott

rawr

you had one job

HairyAss and Nick84 like this.
  15. C. Mike Hunt

http://nshealth.ca/news/nova-scotia...al-covid-19-exposure-flights-toronto-aug-8-11

Nova Scotia Health advising of potential COVID-19 exposure on flights from Toronto - Aug 8 & 11

NSHA Public Health is advising of potential exposures to COVID-19 on the following flights:
    • Westjet flight WS 248 on August 8 from Toronto to Halifax. It departed Toronto at 9 am and arrived in Halifax at 12:04 pm. Passengers in rows 11 to 15 seats DEF are more likely to have had close contact. Passengers in these seats are asked to call 811 for advice.

• Air Canada flight AC 604 on August 11 from Toronto to Halifax. It departed Toronto at 8 am and landed in Halifax at 11:02 am in Halifax. Passengers in rows 19 to 23 seats ABC and rows 29 to 33 seats ABCD are more likely to have had close contact. Passengers in these seats are asked to call 811 for advice.
    Public Health is also directly contacting anyone else known to be a close contact of the person(s) confirmed to have COVID-19.

It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at the locations on the named dates may develop symptoms up to, and including, 14 days after. Those present at these locations on the dates identified should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.

16. C. Mike Hunt

17. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Spent the weekend on an epic backpacking hiking/camping trip. Glad we had the new vehicle as we’d been down the toad to the trailhead previously and gave up in the van.

Relevance to this thread? First 2 days hiking, we barely saw anyone. 3rd day, we started coming back to the trailhead on a more popular path. The trail is pretty narrow but most either have masks they put on for safe passage (like my family and I) or at least find somewhere to pull off the trail to maintain 6 feet.

Cue the redneck mask-denier. My wife was at the front, narrow trail and you can’t see very far in front. We realize when we’re only 10 feet away that there are 3 dudes hiking towards us. We immediately stop to get our masks on but the lead guy just barges past my wife, who says, “Hey! Give us a second, there isn’t 6 feet!”.

His response and the reason the USA will go down as the loser in dealing with the pandemic: “Stay home if you’re so scared!” I also started jabbing at him as he passed me but he just kept saying the same thing. His 2 friends did not push past and pulled off to the side looking embarrassed (one of whom wearing a mask).

How hard is it to believe in science and do the right thing?

18. PirateSteve

My last two times in the gas station convenience store I have run into people not wearing masks. Even with the sign on the door saying masks are required to enter. I wouldn't want to be the teenager at the counter having to police that though, same as a customer like me. It is immediate unnecessary confrontation with a person who obviously doesn't give a fuck.

19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I've only see one other guy come into a place without a mask. VERY hard to not say something to them. It'd be different if masks were for your own protection but they are for the protection of others. Not wearing one is just selfish. Follow the guidelines so we can all keep enjoying this little bubble that we are so lucky to have!

chainsaw likes this.
  20. MRA

MRA

I've seen a couple people wearing masks not covering their nose, or under their chin.

21. Grifter

Bluh?

Masks are definitely on the minority here. See them in public, but definitely on the minority. Wal Mart is mandatory as of the 12th. But even yesterday I grabbed a pizza on the way home and walked into the joint, wearing my mask and not a single employee was wearing a mask, or social distancing. While it's refreshing to see some normalcy, it also made me a little mad. Pros and cons!

22. Wayne

Masks are about 50/50 here, but a lot more stores are going mandatory, which is good.

I was behind two young (likely 1st year college students) at Wal-Mart and the male kid was just being a straight up asshat. His girlfriend told him to stand at the lines and he was purposely saying shit out loud like, "I don't listen to rules, I'll stand where I want", laughing at people with masks on.

You know...just being a childish teenage fuck face...I wanted to beat his head into the floor.

Grifter likes this.
  23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'm glad NS went mask mandatory. Should be that way Canada wide imo. If anything at least in the Atlantic Bubble. We have a good thing going here.

Grifter likes this.
  24. KLD

KLD

I wear a mask, but I personally don't feel compelled to say anything to those who are not. It's not the hill I want to die on. They know the rules, and they are either purposely ignoring them or legitimately have a reason not to wear one. I just focus on my own actions, which is the only thing I can control.

I do know someone in the family who mentioned they have an issue with their nose and they actually do find it hard to breath, so they are one of the people who are wearing it just below the nose. However, if they have to cough or sneeze or something, they pull it up over their nose, and make sure to keep distancing. Not everyone who isn't wearing a mask or not wearing it properly is someone who is being selfish or doesn't care.

Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

It’s one thing to say something in Nova Scotia where cases are at zero.

Numbers continue to rise in WA and it’s assholes like the one we encountered on the trail this weekend who are going to cause the governor to have to shut all the trails down again.

The folks I see not wearing masks are blatantly doing so as they don’t believe the science. It’s worse the further you get from urban centers - I see close to 100% compliance in the city proper. Coincidentally, it’s those more rural areas where you also see all the signs for Trump.

chainsaw likes this.
  26. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-8-17_12-0-12.png

Today's press release

The new case is in the Northern Zone and is connected to one of the cases reported last week.

27. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Not everyone, no, but most. There aren't even many medical reasons where someone shouldn't wear a mask. That's just an easy excuse people use.

HairyAss likes this.
  28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Exactly. It’s proven at this point that there are really almost no health reasons to not wear a mask. I don’t know your relative, KLDKLD , but there is no reason for them not to wear the mask properly. Wearing it as you’ve described is useless.

chainsaw likes this.
  29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I think about the only valid issue would be if they have some kind of open wound on their nose or something and the mask can't physically go on it. Other than that...

chainsaw likes this.
  30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Renewed my license today via appointment. Very smooth. Who'd have thought a pandemic would improve the DMV? lol

Grifter likes this.
  31. MRA

MRA

has improved blood collection as well, done via appointment now, no going in and waiting 3 hours in line

Boots likes this.
  32. Wayne

NB just called an election because Vickers (Liberal) is a tit.

This left wing bleeding heart snowflake is voting conservative, Higgs has been great. I would imagine Liberals are gonna get hosed and this will be a huge backfire, because as left as I am...there has to be thousands like me voting PC.

This is related to Covid-19 sort of, Higgs can't properly run government with Vickers up his ass threatening shit 24x7x365.

33. Wayne

I renewed mine over the internet today...even easier.

34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I wanted to go in for a new photo since I don't wear glasses anymore :o

35. Dewie

I don't think we can renew over the internet here can we? there is a new license format/picture type now.