Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. C. Mike Hunt

2. C. Mike Hunt

3. C. Mike Hunt

4. C. Mike Hunt

...and back to NS:

upload_2020-6-12_12-55-52.png

Today's press release

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure the safe re-opening of businesses and services. The order will take effect at noon Sunday, June 14 and extend to noon Sunday, June 28, unless government terminates or extends it.

5. C. Mike Hunt

6. C. Mike Hunt

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Cracker and Boots like this.
  7. C. Mike Hunt

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

beauty

9. 17

teenage dirtbag

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fd...hloroquine-chloroquine-for-covid-19-treatment

I’ll even post a Fox News link.

10. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-6-16_12-32-53.png

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20200616003Today's press release

Daily number of cases, past 14 days:

upload_2020-6-16_12-36-59.png

I'm assuming today's recovery is the case that was announced June 3. Meaning over the next 6-7 days the two active cases we have now should resolve. If we can go seven more days without any new cases, we should have this thing beat. For now, anyway :x:

Cracker likes this.
  11. C. Mike Hunt

12. boing

I will educate you here first before we get started.
    The aquarium cleaning comment was related to the dumb asses going to pet stores and getting cleaning supplies for aquariums that had chloroquine phosphate in it and they were ODing on it.
    Now onto your new post. I never disagreed about the Trump saying this chloroquine "Was good"* .
    Again I just posted the article about doctors faking their info and you all jumped into this with your Trump saying this was GOOD and how much chloroquine to take and this and that.....so if you want to keep going lets go.
    Yup the FDA rescinds the use of chloroquine for Covid-19. That's good for the FDA they are keeping on top of things. ”Specifically, FDA has determined that CQ and HCQ are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA.“ That's good news.
    How does that relate to the article I posted about using fake data and posting it in medical journals to make the President of the US look bad?

Is Orange Man still bad?
    Do I need to get the puppet out to get you to show us where he touched you?

*I am not not 100% positive about this just wanted to make sure I make this clear so I am not dog piled later.

13. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

To be fair, your posts and the articles you post to Fox News are barely decipherable.

boing likes this.
  14. 17

teenage dirtbag

oh boy this is a juicy one. lets dive in.

Where did they get the idea?" Dumbasses" who did this are your fellow trump supporters and even admit to saying they took it because HE SAID SO.

Yeah we know, thats how the whole mess started. You agreed with Trump. If you dont, then you should learn what a double negative is an format your posts accordingly.

You quoted an article by a Doctor who is a FOX NEWS MEDICAL CONTRIBUTOR. He admitted to not knowing if it works and put in the buzz phrase "political hit job" to get all the room temp IQ Trump supporters riled up, and it worked perfectly as noted by your wildly incoherent meltdown.

Do you even remember the shit you post?

But the FDA says it is, and you said it was a democratic hoax. So which one is it?

Which measures of previous presidential success would you like to use as a metric to determine if hes bad?
    Please choose one of the following:
    Sex Scandals
    Use of tax payer dollars on golf trips
    Stock market/ Economy
    Unemployment Rate
    The amount of Trump administration members under investigation/facing charges/ are or have been to jail

Sweet back pedal disclaimer. Please start calling me names and use tired, dumb Trump supporter sound bytes like "ORANGE MAN BAD" or "cuck"

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  15. boing

Yup I'm just a big dumb hillbilly :) Nice try

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  16. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

I’m curious what it’s like around NS these days - with the numbers at zero, are folks just getting back to normal? People wearing masks?

It’s amazing to me here - Seattle was the first city to get hit and after an initial spike, numbers are still going up yet people are starting to act like it doesn’t matter. I mean, we, ourselves, spent the weekend shopping for a car which meant going in dealerships and even restaurants to eat but the dealerships were really strict with their protocols and we actually skipped a few restaurants where you could tell “social distancing” was a joke. I’d heard one of my favorite breweries was open again but that they weren’t really taking thing seriously and now read this morning that they’re shut down as staff have tested positive.

17. boing

♪♫To be fair♪♫ :letterkenny:
    I know I could put more time into my posts but I am usually on here while I am watching a show on netflix or prime and I am really not putting a lot into it. But sometimes these posts take me over an hour because I will start and stop and lose my train of thought and I know it shows in my posts :lol: The original article I read was not the Fox and I should not have posted it first but with you guy here I couldn't resist and went and found it on Fox.
    I will admit I am on some pretty heavy medications and they may* also be effecting my posts as well but that's neither here nor their especially for an internet forum.

*probably are
    (see how this works Aaron)

18. Scott

rawr

quite the mix. You have folks who wear masks, following rules, distancing, etc. You've got other folks who don't, everyone is a sheep and yolo. And you've got people boarded up in their houses waiting for the rapture. Pick your player :lol:

19. C. Mike Hunt

20. Leviathan

It's all in your mind....

Is this the thread that has like 5x more pages than covid deaths (other than the poor people of Northwood/a fews other that were over 80-years of age)? :leaving:

....HairyAss - what is this "CHAZ" thing all about in Seattle???

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yes it is.... because you know... we actually took steps to lessen the impact of the virus.

22. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

CHAZ or CHOP as it is now being called is not related to COVID but what they're calling an "Occupied Protest" - would be more relevant to talk about in the "BLM Protests" thread.

23. C. Mike Hunt

24. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20200618004

New Gathering Limits Announced

Premier Stephen McNeil and Dr. Robert Strang, chief medical officer of health for Nova Scotia, announced today, June 18, changes to gathering limits given Nova Scotia’s low rates of COVID-19.

“We’ve now had well over a week with no new cases of COVID-19 and low rates for the last several weeks. That is thanks to Nova Scotians who have been following public health protocols,” said Premier McNeil. “Our aim is to safely open as much of the economy and our province as we can so that Nova Scotians and the business community can have a good summer. The core measures of social distancing and good hygiene that have kept case numbers low will stay in place. But effective today, household bubbles are down and gathering limits are up.”

People can now gather in groups of up to 10 without physical distancing. People in a group are not required to be exclusive but they are strongly encouraged to maintain a consistent group. This is especially important for Nova Scotians who are more at risk of complications from COVID-19. This change replaces the concept of family household bubbles.

Gatherings of up to 50 will now be allowed but people must observe physical distancing of two metres or six feet.

The larger gathering limit of 50 applies to social events, faith gatherings, sports and physical activity, weddings and funerals, and arts and culture events like theatre performances, dance recitals, festivals and concerts.

Businesses that are too small to ensure physical distancing can have no more than 10 people on their premises at a time. Effective today, playgrounds can start reopening. Municipalities and other owners of playgrounds will need time to prepare them for reopening so Nova Scotians should not expect them to be open immediately.

“We’re providing a new option for close social interaction because it’s important for our well-being, but everybody needs to make decisions that take into consideration the risks, their own circumstances, and how they help keep everyone safe,” said Dr. Strang. “It’s important that we all continue physical distancing as much as possible, good hand hygiene, cough etiquette, staying home if you’re sick and making informed decisions about the groups and activities we choose to join.”

To date, Nova Scotia has 50,240 negative test results, 1,061 positive COVID-19 cases, 62 deaths, and two active COVID-19 cases. Cases range in age from under 10 to over 90. Two individuals are currently in hospital, one of those in ICU. Nine-hundred and ninety-seven cases are now resolved. Cases have been identified in all parts of the province. Cumulative cases by zone may change as data is updated in Panorama. A map and graphic presentation of the case data is available at https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/data .

Cracker and Nick84 like this.
  25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

nice!

26. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-6-19_13-48-53.png

Today's press release

Two people are currently in hospital, one of those in ICU. One patient’s COVID-19 infection is considered resolved but they remain in hospital.

27. Scott

rawr

Lets go Atlantic Canada bubble!

KLD likes this.
  28. C. Mike Hunt

Boots likes this.
  29. Gooch

NL is now covid free. No new cases in 19 days.
    Fingers crossed we can keep it this way. One benefit of island isolation

Boots and boing like this.
  30. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

The more rural counties in Washington have had a huge spike in numbers recently as they open back up but most folks ignoring any social distancing protocols. Similar to what I’d happening in many red states across the US. Go Trump!

31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Couple red states that ignored covid now getting huge daily case numbers. 4000+ for FL today.

32. C. Mike Hunt

33. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2020-6-22_12-37-37.png

Today's press release

As of today, June 22, Nova Scotia has no active cases of COVID-19. The last new case was identified on June 9.

Nova Scotia is reporting one additional death related to COVID-19, bringing the total to 63. A male in his 60s with underlying medical conditions died several weeks ago in the Central Zone. His death has been under investigation since then to determine if COVID-19 was a factor. He was not a resident of a long-term care home.

One person is currently in the ICU. Their COVID-19 infection is considered resolved but they remain in hospital.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Cracker likes this.
  34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

So no active cases ?

35. Scott

rawr

Cracker likes this.