1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

There was a vehicle parked outside my daughters school yesterday with a FUCK TRUDEAU banner across the windshield. People are fucked. If I ever put a banner on my windshield that said fuck [anything] please come punch me directly in the face and burn my car to the ground.

chainsaw, C. Mike Hunt and BlackFire like this.
  2. J0e Th0rnton

Yes, that sucks. Clearly they use the term a lot. But they didn't invent it and it has been around since the Bush era and was widely used in the Obama era and not everyone who uses the term is a Trumper.

3. KMD

KMD

Playing checkers :shrug2: How did I know I would have to deal with you this morning?
    It's like chumming the waters, I type and you just show up rent free.:bounce:
    I said more positive support if they had followed the rules in the CHARTER OF RIGHTS for the protest.

bigsmilebounce.gif

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  4. KMD

KMD

Not really surprising results

Trudeau’s convoy response gets failing grade, but even fewer support protesters: poll

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I think people were pretty pissed he took so long to get them out of Ottawa. It was almost a month. That's an insane amount of time to let that nonsense carry on.

Grifter and KMD like this.
  6. KMD

KMD

Exactly
    Trudeau should have met with them instead of hiding from them :lol: It would have at least shut them up. Then get the Ottawa police to deal with them early on before they get entrenched and the crowds grew to the size they did.

7. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

If it was a Conservative PM in power, you would say the exact opposite.

8. Grifter

Bluh?

A Conservative PM wouldn't have these protests going on in the first place and wouldn't have devolved our country into a laughing stock on the world stage.

But if they did? You can bet my reactions would have been the same as they would have with Trudeau except I'd have some self loathing going on for voting them in... :lol:

KMD likes this.
  9. KMD

KMD

Same thing over and over :blahblah:

10. KMD

KMD

Nick84 likes this.
  11. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Laughing stock? Where?

12. 17

teenage dirtbag

what would a conservative pm have done differently? If the ball wasn’t dropped by Ottawa police which is municipal, there would have been no emergency act. But the cops were too busy taking pics with protestors and handing out pamphlets for a month to do anything so it became a federal issue.
    The act was invoked, the idiots got pushed out, the act was dropped. I feel it could have been dropped a bit sooner but that’s just me.

Also it turned into a defacto non confidence vote which Trudeau came out of intact once again.

conservatives have a lot to do before the next election but they just can’t help but scream about him constantly.

briangtiguy and Grifter like this.
  13. J0e Th0rnton

Send a representative to meet them and give them a timeline maybe. If he did in fact have a plan for lifting mandates. Meeting them himself would be silly.

Some of their demands were what a lot of people wanted. Lifting mandates. Others were....lol.

In any case, many of the the provinces announced ending mandates against Trudeau's wishes. Ford did it the day Trudeau passed the emergency act.

KMD, Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  14. Scott

rawr

mandates were always provincial which was why it was silly they wanted Trudeau to change things. Either way the whole thing was BS

chainsaw likes this.
  15. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Absolutely not. He handled them perfectly. You don't legitimize crazy. That's why that whole thing happened in the first place.

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Even the conservatives were telling these people to go home. Think about that. They out crazied the conservative party of Canada. That should tell you something.

17. Grifter

Bluh?

I posted about it earlier this week and gave examples but it got deleted cause we weren't allowed to talk politics.

18. Grifter

Bluh?

Like I said, I'd be decrying a Conservative PM if they dropped the ball as bad as our current government did.

The conservative stance was... You have the right to protest. Peacefully. Blockading borders and impacting people's lives is not a right.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    Nick84 and J0e Th0rnton like this.
  19. Grifter

Bluh?

It turned into that "confidence vote" because Trudeau said it would be. That was his doing. The NDP went against the foundation of their party to side with him. Hell the bloc sided with the conservatives unanimously. The whole thing was rediculous.

As for handled it differently? I don't believe the situation would have even happened under a Conservative government because the protests never would have happened in the first place.

Nick84 likes this.
  20. Scott

rawr

speculating is fun

Grifter likes this.
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If we had a conservative government there'd have been no protests because it'd be a bit weird to protest while our health care system is collapsed because the conservatives expected an imaginary man in the sky to take care of the pandemic lol

22. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220224002

Today, February 24, Nova Scotia is reporting five new hospital admissions and six discharges.

As of February 23, 2,208,080 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 92.1 per cent of Nova Scotians have received their first dose, and 86.5 per cent have received their second dose.

As well, 62 per cent of Nova Scotians 18 and older have received a booster dose, and 0.7 per cent have booked a booster dose appointment.

On February 23, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) labs completed 1,826 tests. An additional 187 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being reported.

There are 65 cases in Central Zone, 43 cases in Eastern Zone, 49 cases in Northern Zone and 30 cases in Western Zone.

As of today, there are an estimated 1,903 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

Boots likes this.
  23. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Your belief in a party that can’t even get their act together to have a leader is amazing. I didn’t vote for the current Liberal party either but I don’t live in some La La land where I believe the Conservatives would have handled the pandemic better. How? I mean, with 20/20 rear view mirror vision, we could all plot out a better path on things but where Canada ended up with things like delivery on the vaccines was incredible and I know they are often the envy of anyone I talk to in the US. Saying that, I do hope someone other than Trudeau wins the next election but your statements about blind faith in the Conservative party are inane.

24. 17

teenage dirtbag

no idea who the PM would be but he would have handled it differently

Ooooooooook lmao

and you think Trudeau voters are drinking the kool aid

25. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

NS has a conservative government and we were blessed with a non-voy here.

26. Grifter

Bluh?

Hahah. I'm using optimism is all. Wishful thinking.

27. Grifter

Bluh?

As Scott said. Speculating is fun. :lol:

Scott likes this.
  28. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Just because ScottScott wasnt 100% clear, he was essentially calling you out as a dumb ass for your vapid speculation, not trying to say what you posted had merit.

nice backpedaling btw.

29. Grifter

Bluh?

As I said. Wishful thinking. I do believe they will get the right leader in place. Can I definitively say they would have handled it differently? No. Am I confident they would have? Yes. Am I confident our country would be in a better place were there a Conservative leader in office? Yes. Because that means the right steps were taken to get them there.

Also, been awhile since there's been a dogpile on here! :lol:

That's fine. One good search of the news around the world and everything you don't see about Ukraine will be headlines about our country and how Trudeau turned it into a totalitarian government and passed laws that allow him to freeze bank accounts because you don't agree with him and may have done something as simple as bought a *fuck Trudeau* t shirt. :lol:
    And how he wouldn't apologize for insulting a Jewish MP and called conservatives Nazis in the house of parliament.
    That's fine. :rofl:

Nick84 likes this.
  30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

GrifterGrifter the car salesman

'Hey! Welcome to the lot! So your current car is still getting you buy but it's had a few mechanical issues here and there and you're looking for a change? Well you've come to the right place my friend! I've actually had this baby for a while now just waiting for a new owner. We've attempted to get it out on the lot a few times now but oddly enough it was written off driving the 50 feet out of the shop.. four times. Anyways, I'm fairly certain that if you owned this bad boy, all your problems would go away! Whaddaya think!?'

Crash-pic.jpg

31. Grifter

Bluh?

If that's the case then fine. But I'm open to my interpretation. :shrug2:

32. Grifter

Bluh?

That's fine. I'd rather be a car salesman than a hypocritical authoritarian. You're turning into one yourself these days anyway. Or are you just going to delete this post too while you can talk politics whenever you see fit?

33. Scott

rawr

I was calling speculation dumb more so :lol:

Grifter likes this.
  34. Grifter

Bluh?

Touche sir. I guess it's kinda like assuming! Seeing as how HairyAss and I both speculated as to your meaning and got it wrong. :lol:

35. 17

teenage dirtbag

Youve posted that trudeau is spineless, not tough on anything and then today hes a authoritarian hardline dictator. i cant keep up with the flip flopping.

What law was passed where he gets to freeze accounts? I must have missed that, or youve bought into some far right fear mongering propoganda again