1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

The province dropped the ball with Cape Breton. Numerous complaints for eeeks that testing has been virtually non existent. People are trying to get what they can while they can.

chainsaw likes this.
  2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I've never had a covid test nor felt the need to have one :eek3:

3. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

some people don’t work from home?

Grifter and chainsaw like this.
  4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Don't be so defensive lol

5. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Up until the last month or so, same thing for me. Now I've had one PCR and... 5? rapid tests in the last month. All because of travel, all negative.

Boots likes this.
  6. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220106003

Today, January 6, Nova Scotia is reporting 745 new cases of COVID-19.

There are 459 cases in Central Zone, 128 cases in Eastern Zone, 95 cases in Western Zone and 63 cases in Northern Zone.

There are 48 people in hospital with nine in ICU. Their ages range from 26 to 94 years old, and the average age is 68. Of the 48 in hospital, 44 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

The Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is reporting a new outbreak at Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. Fewer than five patients at the facility have tested positive. All patients are being closely monitored and other infection prevention and control measures are being put in place.

NSHA is also reporting additional cases related to the outbreaks in three hospitals. All patients are being closely monitored and other infection prevention and control measures are being put in place. The additional cases are:

• four additional patients in a ward at the Halifax Infirmary; there are now 16 patients who have tested positive
    • six additional patients in a ward at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital; there are now 11 patients who have tested positive
    • one additional patient in a ward at the Victoria General site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than five people at the facility have tested positive.
    As of today, there are an estimated 6,636 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

On January 5, NSHA’s labs completed 4,736 tests.

As of January 5, 1,828,474 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 795,716 Nova Scotians have received their second dose, and 167,430 eligible Nova Scotians have received a third dose.

7. C. Mike Hunt

https://www.nshealth.ca/news/change-reporting-public-exposure-locations-public-health

Public Health has changed its approach to manage a significant increase in COVID-19 activity across the province. Efforts and resources are focused on protecting the most vulnerable Nova Scotians and those in high-risk settings including long-term care, hospitals, shelters and transition houses, corrections facilities and other group living settings.

Most Nova Scotians who are positive for COVID-19 will identify and contact their close contacts. As a result, Public Health will no longer have the necessary information to report most exposure sites and locations. Those that are identified through case management in high-risk settings noted above, will be reported.

The Omicron variant of COVID-19 is widespread in Nova Scotia and the risk of transmission of the virus is high everywhere. Nova Scotians should continue to protect themselves and others when visiting any public location by practicing the following protection measures:

• Keep a distance of at least two metres/six feet from others.
    • Wear a well-fitted three-layer mask.
    • Wash your hands regularly.
    • Stay home and get tested if you have symptoms.

8. LMAC

_

ahh Welcome to Public Health just saying fuck it

chainsaw and Nick84 like this.
  9. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220107005

Today, January 7, Nova Scotia is reporting one death related to COVID-19. A woman in her 80s in Central Zone has died.

It cannot be confirmed that she had the Omicron variant at this time. However, she was hospitalized during the Omicron wave.

Nova Scotia is also reporting 678 new cases of COVID-19.

There are 394 cases in Central Zone, 108 cases in Eastern Zone, 97 cases in Northern Zone and 79 cases in Western Zone.

There are 48 people in hospital with seven in ICU. Their ages range from 31 to 94 years old, and the average age is 67. Of the 48 in hospital, 44 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

The vaccination status of those in hospital is:

• 6 (12.5 per cent) people have had a third dose of COVID-19 vaccine
    • 25 (52.1 per cent) are fully vaccinated (two doses)
    • 2 (4.2 per cent) are partially vaccinated
    • 15 (31.3 per cent) are unvaccinated.
    The Province is reporting six new outbreaks in long-term care facilities. Public health is working with the facilities to prevent further spread. Increased public health measures and restrictions are in place. The outbreaks involve:
    • six staff members at Blomidon Court in Wolfville
    • five staff members at Orchard Court in Kentville
    • two staff members and one resident at Evergreen Home for Special Care in Kentville
    • 10 staff members and one resident at Grand View Manor in Berwick
    • six staff members and three residents at Queens Manor in Liverpool
    • five staff members at The Meadows in Yarmouth.
    The Province is also reporting additional cases involved in the following outbreaks:
    • three staff members and two residents at Parkstone in Halifax
    • one staff member and two residents at Melville Gardens in Halifax
    • four staff members at the Sagewood in Halifax.
    The Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is reporting additional cases related to the outbreaks in three hospitals. All patients are being closely monitored and other infection prevention and control measures are being put in place. The additional cases involved are:
    • two additional patients at Cape Breton Regional Hospital; fewer than five people at the facility have tested positive
    • one additional patient at Northside General Hospital; fewer than 10 people at the facility have tested positive
    • one additional patient in a ward at the Victoria General site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than five people at the facility have tested positive.
    As of today, there are an estimated 6,615 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

On January 6, NSHA’s labs completed 5,709 tests.

As of January 6, 1,842,770 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 796,012 Nova Scotians have received their second dose, and 180,694 eligible Nova Scotians have received a third dose.

The Province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure safety measures and other important actions can continue. The order will take effect at noon, Sunday, January 9, and extend to noon, Sunday, January 23, unless the government terminates or extends it.

10. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220108001

Today, January 8, Nova Scotia is reporting 1,145 new cases of COVID-19.

There are 598 cases in Central Zone, 240 cases in Eastern Zone, 180 cases in Western Zone and 127 cases in Northern Zone.

On January 7, NSHA's labs completed 7,437 tests.

11. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220109001

Today, January 9, Nova Scotia is reporting 837 new cases of COVID-19.

There are 541 cases in Central Zone, 133 cases in Eastern Zone, 90 cases in Northern Zone and 73 cases in Western Zone.

On January 8, NSHA's labs completed 4,144 tests.

12. KMD

KMD

Got my Booster yesterday feeling a little hateful, not sure is that's a side effect or not could just be me because I had to go out and socialize and be around people. It just makes my anxiety rise and it was snowing so the traffic was horrible.
    Anyway I got my booster 5G++Super Duper now

13. 17

teenage dirtbag

Got my booster on Thursday at 3, arm was sore around 6pm. Friday was brutal, cold chills, throwing up, zero energy. Was about 70% better yesterday and I’m pretty much back to normal right now. Fucking thing kicked my ass

14. KMD

KMD

What did you get I had pfizer I had the choice, that or moderna and since I had the first two in pfizer I just kept it all the same.

15. 17

teenage dirtbag

Moderna all 3 times

my wife was pfizer all 3 with no reactions at all

KMD likes this.
  16. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

I had Astra Zenica, then Phizer. My booster is scheduled to be Moderna.

The pharmacies in this province only serve Moderna. When I got my first shot, it was at a pharmacy as well and at that time they only did AZ.

I honestly don't think there's any issue with mixing - we'll all be getting a booster yearly at this rate anyway. Why are we getting boosters? Because they wear off over time.

17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Booster for us tomorrow. Hoping for smooth sailing as we had we the regular vaccine.

18. Matt30

My wife had the same reaction. She was sick in bed most of the day after. I’d walk by the bedroom door and be like “yo, you still alive?” Then a thumbs up would emerge from a mountain of blankets and pillows. Only lasted a day then got better real quick

19. LMAC

_

Had mine three weeks a go Nothing like the first two not sure what the means lol

20. 17

teenage dirtbag

it was the most sick I’ve been in years. The chills were brutal and then I had no power for 8 hours so my house got real cold real fast and that was a nice little fuck you to me from the universe

21. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

Yeah, the 5G signal in the vaccine can mess with power lines when you first get boosted.

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

Why didn’t bill gates think of this??

23. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I also don’t think there is any issue mixing but I also don’t think that Pfizer and Moderna have ever come out and said that or tested form compatibility and I think the government’s research is mostly anecdotal. Therefore I’ve chosen to keep them all the same. That and I know of very few people that have felt like crap after getting pfizted. My booster was last week and other than swollen lymph nodes in my neck for about 4 days each time, I’ve felt fine.

24. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220110002

Today, January 10, Nova Scotia is reporting 29 new hospital admissions and 19 discharges since the last update on January 7.

Nova Scotia is also reporting three deaths related to COVID-19:

• a man in his 60s in Eastern Zone
    • a man in his 70s in Northern Zone
    • a man in his 80s in Central zone.
    All three contracted COVID-19 during the Omicron wave.

There are 59 people in hospital with two in ICU. Their ages range from 31 to 100 years old, and the average age is 69. Of the 59 in hospital, 55 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

• 7 (11.9 per cent) people have had a third dose of COVID-19 vaccine
    • 35 (59.3 per cent) are fully vaccinated (two doses)
    • 2 (3.4 per cent) are partially vaccinated
    • 15 (25.4 per cent) are unvaccinated.
    It is important to note that less than 10 per cent of Nova Scotians are unvaccinated.

As of January 9, 1,856,028 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 90.1 per cent of Nova Scotians have received their first dose, 82.9 per cent have received their second dose, and 19.9 per cent have received a third dose.

On January 9, Nova Scotia Health Authority labs completed 4,063 tests. An additional 816 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being reported.

There are 526 cases in Central Zone, 110 cases in Eastern Zone, 70 cases in Northern Zone and 110 cases in Western Zone.

From January 8 and 9, 69 of 1,982 positive lab results were repeat positives.

As of today, there are an estimated 6,906 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

Hospital Outbreaks:

The NSHA is reporting three new outbreaks in hospitals, at:

• Northside General Hospital
    • Aberdeen Hospital in New Glasgow
    • Abbie J. Lane Memorial Building of the QEII Health Sciences Centre.
    Fewer than five patients at each facility have tested positive.

NSHA is also reporting additional cases related to the outbreaks in five hospitals:

• two additional patients in a ward at the Victoria General site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than ten people have tested positive
    • two additional patients in a separate ward at the Victoria General site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than ten people have tested positive
    • two additional patients in a ward at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital; a total of 13 patients have now tested positive
    • two additional patients in a separate ward at Northside General Hospital; fewer than 10 people have tested positive
    • one additional patient in a ward at the Halifax Infirmary; a total of 17 patients have now tested positive.

25. HairyAss

HairyAss
    [OP]
    Cheese on Toast

26. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220111005

Today, January 11, Nova Scotia is reporting 15 new hospital admissions and 16 discharges.

Nova Scotia is also reporting one death related to COVID-19. A man in his 80s in Central Zone has died.

There are 58 people in hospital with four in ICU. Their ages range from 39 to 100 years old, and the average age is 67. Of the 58 in hospital, 56 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

• 6 (10.3 per cent) people have had a third dose of COVID-19 vaccine
    • 34 (58.6 per cent) are fully vaccinated (two doses)
    • 3 (5.2 per cent) are partially vaccinated
    • 15 (25.9 per cent) are unvaccinated.
    As of January 10, 1,870,346 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 90.2 per cent of Nova Scotians have received their first dose, 82.9 per cent have received their second dose, and 21.3 per cent have received a third dose.

On January 10, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) labs completed 3,807 tests. An additional 616 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being reported.

There are 332 cases in Central Zone, 103 cases in Eastern Zone, 69 cases in Northern Zone and 112 cases in Western Zone.

As of today, there are an estimated 6,796 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

The NSHA is reporting a new outbreak in a ward at the Northside General Hospital in North Sydney. Fewer than five patients have tested positive.

NSHA is also reporting additional cases related to the outbreaks in five hospitals:

• three additional patients in a ward at the Abbie J. Lane Memorial Building of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than 10 patients have tested positive
    • two additional patients in a separate ward at Northside General Hospital; a total of 10 patients have now tested positive
    • one additional patient in a separate ward at Northside General Hospital; fewer than five patients have tested positive
    • one additional patient in a ward at the Victoria General site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre; fewer than 10 patients have tested positive
    • one additional patient in a ward at New Waterford Consolidated Hospital; a total of 14 patients have now tested positive.

27. C. Mike Hunt

https://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-one-flight-0

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of a potential exposure to COVID-19 on one flight.
    • Air Canada 1411 travelling on Jan. 9 from Cancun, Mexico (2:55 p.m.) to Halifax (8:25 p.m.). Passengers in rows 14 to 20, seats A, C and D. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Jan. 23.

28. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220112001

Today, January 12, Nova Scotia is reporting 12 new hospital admissions and seven discharges.

Nova Scotia is also reporting one death related to COVID-19. A woman in her 60s in Western Zone has died.

There are 60 people in hospital who were admitted due to COVID-19 and are receiving specialized care in a COVID-19 designated unit. That includes five people in ICU. The age range of those in hospital is 0-100 years old, and the average age is 66. Of the 60 people in hospital, 58 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

The average length of stay of those admitted to hospital due to COVID-19 is 5.8 days.

As of January 11, 1,887,927 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 90.3 per cent of Nova Scotians have received their first dose, and 83.0 per cent have received their second dose.

On January 11, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) labs completed 5,132 tests. An additional 837 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being reported.

There are 500 cases in Central Zone, 109 cases in Eastern Zone, 106 cases in Northern Zone and 122 cases in Western Zone.

As of today, there are an estimated 6,867 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

29. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

we're directly affected now. Daughters day care has an exposure so we have her pulled out and we're all isolating at home for at least the next week

30. C. Mike Hunt

https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20220113002

Today, January 13, Nova Scotia is reporting five new hospital admissions and five discharges.

There are 59 people in hospital who were admitted due to COVID-19 and are receiving specialized care in a COVID-19 designated unit. That includes seven people in ICU. The age range of those in hospital is 0-100 years old, and the average age is 67. Of the 59 people in hospital, 56 were admitted during the Omicron wave.

The average length of stay of those admitted to hospital due to COVID-19 is six days.

As of January 12, 1,906,023 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 90.3 per cent of Nova Scotians have received their first dose, and 83 per cent have received their second dose.

As well, 33 per cent of eligible Nova Scotians have received a booster dose and 18 per cent have booked a booster dose appointment.

On January 12, Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) labs completed 4,436 tests. An additional 542 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are being reported.

There are 271 cases in Central Zone, 130 cases in Eastern Zone, 42 cases in Northern Zone and 99 cases in Western Zone.

As of today, there are an estimated 6,620 active cases of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia.

31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

110 in hospitals in NB :eek3:

32. C. Mike Hunt

https://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-one-flight-1

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of a potential exposure to COVID-19 on one flight.
    • Westjet 3546 travelling on Jan. 9 from Toronto (3:25 p.m.) to Halifax (7:06 p.m.). Passengers in rows 2 to 8, seats A, B, C and D. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Jan. 23.

33. Grifter

Bluh?

From the news today...

Right now, in the province there are 62,733 active cases.

786 people are in hospital and 79 in the ICU.

Here in Fort McMurray, there are 805 active cases, and 51 in the rural area.

*Note that the numbers presented may be much higher as testing is limited. *

They took away PCR testing unless the person is high risk. Asking everyone to do at home tests... But those aren't all getting reported. Been a hell of a couple weeks.

34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Got boosted yesterday. Feel fine today except my arm feels like a horse kicked it lol

Scott and HairyAss like this.
  35. Matt30

Wife’s homeroom class already going to be missing multiple students and classes haven’t even started. It’s going to be a mess!

chainsaw likes this.