1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 Pandemic

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by HairyAss, Mar 1, 2020.

1. C. Mike Hunt

...which is not intended for use in sheep.

Wayne likes this.
  2. RoryTate

Buffer the streaming media unto me.

I guess all that vitamin D didn't help.

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Him taking horse de-wormer is his own choice and that's fine but it's extremely irresponsible of him to announce it to all his followers.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

:rofl:

5. C. Mike Hunt

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposures-covid-19-two-locations-central-zone

Potential exposures to COVID-19 at two locations in Central Zone

Wednesday, September 1, 2021 - 05:43PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at two locations in the Central Zone. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who worked at or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following locations on the named dates and times for at least 15 minutes are required to follow the self-isolation instructions noted in this table for a moderate risk exposure, based on your vaccination status. COVID-19 testing is also recommended and if you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.

• Kai Brady’s Fancy Dive Bar (5679 Spring Garden Road, Halifax) on August 28 between 11:30 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. (August 29). It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, September 12.
    • Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub (1645 Argyle Street, Halifax) on August 28 between 9:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. (August 29). It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, September 12.

6. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-9-2_12-11-19.png

Today's press release

Today, Sept. 2, Nova Scotia is reporting five new cases of COVID-19 and four recoveries.

Three of the cases are in Central Zone. Two are close contacts of previously reported cases. One is under investigation.

One case is in Western Zone and is under investigation.

One case is in Northern Zone and is related to travel.

As of today, Nova Scotia has 60 active cases of COVID-19. There are currently no hospitalizations.

On Sept. 1, Nova Scotia Health Authority’s labs completed 3,792 tests.

As of Sept. 1, 1,449,655 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 692,191 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

7. C. Mike Hunt

Since yesterday's update, 4 cases have been listed as resolved and 2,855 vaccine doses have been administered.

5/3792 = 0.132% positive rate

8. Arod

[​IMG]

Grifter and Boots like this.
  9. C. Mike Hunt

10. MRA

MRA

i read an interesting take on the vaccine passport on Reddit last night.

You have to show proof of vaccination or a negitive covid test.

so if you are vaccinated and have covid, you are still allowed into places.

so the only people that will be potentially passing around covid are vaccinated people.

so what's the point? wouldn't showing a negative test regardless of vaccine status be the way to go?

seems like its more a bullying tactic to inconvenience people so much they break down and get the vaccine, rather than something to stop the spread

chainsaw and Grifter like this.
  11. Nick84

[​IMG]

ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S BEEN VACCINATED?’

Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
    Lou: ‘Why not?’
    Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
    Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
    Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
    Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
    Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
    Bud: ‘Yes.’
    Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
    Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
    Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
    Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
    Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
    Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
    Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
    Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
    Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
    Bud: ‘Ok.’
    Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
    Bud: ‘That’s right.’
    Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Certainly.’
    Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
    Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
    Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
    Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
    Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
    Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
    Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
    Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
    Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
    Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
    Bud: ‘I know.’
    Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
    Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
    Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
    Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
    Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
    Bud: ‘Correct.’
    Lou: ‘Why not?’
    Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
    Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
    Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
    Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
    Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
    Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
    Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
    Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
    Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
    Bud: ‘Third base.’”

tribeachpunk and Grifter like this.
  12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The idea is to get as many people vaccinated as possible so we can stop caring about this pandemic and move on with life. If people keep refusing, this thing is going to drag on forever with variant after variant. If people aren't willing to do their duty like the rest of us, they should be inconvenienced imo.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  13. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I took the vaccine and accepted the potential risks because I knew it was the right thing to do based on all the advice from health experts in order to protect my friends, family and fellow citizens. To me, anyone who is dragging their heels on it is telling me that they don't care about my health and safety in return.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  14. Goodson

what's the magic number? its been nearly two years and every goal post that I've ever seen has been achieved, and yet the measures still remain in place....

Where I live we passed the magic threshold that was told to everyone, but then a tiny community (less than 300 people, hours from anywhere else) had a minor outbreak --- and the Government re-instituted mandatory masks in most places.

I think the lack of knowledge of what the actual goal is in a conclusive sense is what is driving most people nuts. They just keep saying basically "we need more people taking this, but we won't actually give anyone a number that will actually measurably relax these additional measures if it is reached".

I see a lot of people like Boots just blindly saying "we need more people to take this" - but when do we meet the goal?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Grifter and Nick84 like this.
  15. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'd say we met the goal when everyone eligible is vaccinated and the pandemic stops. I agree the messaging has been terrible. I can remember in the 90s when there was a meningitis outbreak and it was just a mad rush to get everyone vaccinated as fast as possible (I almost passed out from my shot lol). There was no complaining back then. People just did the right thing.

16. Goodson

that's literally everyone above the age of 12 -- and we all know that number will never materialize anytime soon. There is a LOT of people who just are not going to take it.

So by that logic - this will never end.

Grifter likes this.
  17. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

At the rate we are going it'll be 2025, still dealing with this pandemic and we are going to be at the zeta variant that has an 80% fatality rate and we are all fucked. Maybe then everyone will get vaccinated if it's not too late.

18. Grifter

Bluh?

I hacked Steve's webcam.

download (1).jpeg

19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

The unvaccinated are putting as all at risk of further virus mutations that could be much, much worse for us and possibly not stopped by current vaccines. They are basically acting as a giant petri dish for the virus. This is science, not a conspiracy theory. I know that's not in meme form so you'll probably struggle to understand it but I don't have any crayons handy :p

20. Goodson

Or maybe, just maybe -- we just roll with the vax numbers we have -- and let life carry on without the need for all these additional checks and balances.

83% of the population of Canada has received one dose, and 76% are fully vaccinated. That should be more than sufficient to withstand with an appropriately prepared healthcare system. By prepared, I mean fully staffed -- not requiring nurses to work 14 hours a day every other day. If that's the case, we are under-staffed - and that is more an immediate need (in my opinion) than simply instituting additional mandates/restrictions.

My alternative solutions:
    • Hire more nurses/doctors.
    • Provide incentives for citizens getting into health care (pay for tuition/housing/etc). Make it a more desirable career choice, and one that is easier for everyone to get into.
    • Promote overall heath and well-being practices to the public, rather than furthering restrictions. Subsidize gym memberships, higher taxes on shitty foods, etc. Healthy people ultimately cost the Government less.
    • Encourage vaccination, but don't punish and isolate anyone from society before the official end of the clinical trials for these vaccinations. Hell - even at the end of them, I will likely still not support that approach. All that does is create massive mental health problems for those being isolated. I know the FDA has conditionally approved some of the vaccines, but the fact is they are still under clinical trials -- and mandating something under that cloud is irresponsible (in my opinion) -- and will certainly not have the desired effect (getting vaccinated) with that part of society.

Nick84 likes this.
  21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Why are you so anti vaccination? :rofl:

22. Scott

rawr

23. Grifter

Bluh?

:lol: low blow man! I was just making a joke cause that's the most paranoid sounding thing you've wrote. I do agree that it's the unvaccinated that are keeping it going. Didn't say you're wrong! Just super paranoid sounding.

24. Goodson

Ironic you are claiming someone who has both their shots to have an "anti-vaccination" stance....

My thought process is based off of simple math.

If more than 3/4 of the population is now significantly less of a risk to overwhelm the health system (due to taking their shots) -- what will it take for people like yourself to feel its appropriate to lower the shields, so to speak?

Grifter likes this.
  25. C. Mike Hunt

upload_2021-9-3_17-33-44.png

Today's press release

Today, Sept. 3, Nova Scotia is reporting five new cases of COVID-19 and 10 recoveries.

Two of the cases are in Central Zone. One is related to travel. One is under investigation.

Two cases are in Western Zone. One is related to travel. One is under investigation.

One case is in Northern Zone and is a close contact of a previously reported case.

There have been 4,357 cases from March 15 to Sept. 2, 2021. Of those:

• 68 (1.6 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 261 (6.0 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 4,028 (92.4 per cent) were unvaccinated
    There were 255 people hospitalized. Of those:
    • 2 (0.8 per cent) were fully vaccinated
    • 28 (11.0 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 225 (88.2 per cent) were unvaccinated
    Twenty-eight people died. Of those:
    • 1 (3.6 per cent) was fully vaccinated
    • 3 (10.7 per cent) were partially vaccinated
    • 24 (85.7 per cent) were unvaccinated
    As of today, Nova Scotia has 55 active cases of COVID-19. There are currently no hospitalizations.

There were 4,497 tests administered between Aug. 27 and Sept. 2 at the rapid-testing pop-up sites in Halifax, Dartmouth, Cole Harbour, Bedford and Sydney.

On Sept. 2, Nova Scotia Health Authority’s labs completed 2,824 tests.

As of Sept. 2, 1,451,801 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. Of those, 693,714 Nova Scotians have received their second dose.

The province is renewing the state of emergency to protect the health and safety of Nova Scotians and ensure safety measures and other important actions can continue. The order will take effect at noon, Sunday, Sept. 5, and extend to noon, Sunday, Sept. 19, unless government terminates or extends it.

=====

Since yesterday's update, 10 cases have been listed as resolved and 2,146 vaccine doses have been administered.

5/2824 = 0.177% positive rate

26. C. Mike Hunt

Last night's because I'm a dumbass

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potenti...tral-and-western-zones-and-one-westjet-flight

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at locations in Central and Western Zones and on one WestJet flight

Thursday, September 2, 2021 - 07:12PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at locations in the Central and Western zones and on one WestJet flight. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who worked at or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether or not they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Low risk exposures

For the following location, if you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your test result. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you are required to self-isolate while you wait for your test result.

• Tom's Family Restaurant (585 Sackville Dr., Lower Sackville) on August 26 between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, September 10.
    Moderate risk exposures
    Regardless of whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following location on the named date and times for at least 15 minutes are required to follow the self-isolation instructions noted in this table for a moderate risk exposure, based on your vaccination status. COVID-19 testing is also recommended and if you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about what to do next.

• Boston Pizza (485 Hwy #10, Bridgewater) on August 27 between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus at this location on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, September 10.
    High risk exposures

Anyone who was on the following flight in the specified rows and seats are required to follow the isolation and testing instructions in this table as a high risk contact.
    • WestJet 392 travelling on August 29 from Edmonton (10:30 p.m.) to Halifax (August 30 at 6:09 a.m.). Passengers in rows 15-21, seats C, D, E and F. It is anticipated that anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on the named date may develop symptoms up to, and including, September 13.

27. C. Mike Hunt

And here's tonight's

http://www.nshealth.ca/news/potential-exposure-covid-19-locations-eastern-zone-and-two-flights

Potential exposure to COVID-19 at locations in Eastern Zone and on two flights

Friday, September 3, 2021 - 06:10PM

Nova Scotia Health Public Health is advising of potential exposure to COVID-19 at locations in Eastern Zone and on two flights. In addition to media releases, all potential exposure notifications are listed here: http://www.nshealth.ca/covid-exposures.

Anyone who worked at or visited the following locations on the specified dates and times should visit covid-self-assessment.novascotia.ca/ to book a COVID-19 test, regardless of whether they have symptoms. You can also call 811 if you don’t have online access, or if you have other symptoms that concern you.

Low risk exposures
    For the following locations, if you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19 you do not need to self-isolate while you wait for your test result. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 you are required to self-isolate while you wait for your test result.

Eclipse (133 Church St., Antigonish Mall, Antigonish) on Sept. 2 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Sept. 16.

Dollarama (133 Church St., Antigonish Mall, Antigonish) on Sept. 2 between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Sept. 16.

Moderate risk exposures
    Regardless of whether you have COVID-19 symptoms, those present at the following location on the named date and times for at least 15 minutes are required to follow the self-isolation instructions noted in this table (http://policy.nshealth.ca/Site_Published/covid19/document_render.aspx?do...) for a moderate risk exposure, based on your vaccination status. COVID-19 testing is also recommended and if you get a positive result, you will be contacted by Public Health about next steps.

Spindrift Oak Manor (271 Main St., Antigonish) on Aug. 30 between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus at this location on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Sept. 13.

High risk exposures
    Anyone who was on the following flights in the specified rows and seats are required to follow the isolation and testing instructions in this table (http://policy.nshealth.ca/Site_Published/covid19/document_render.aspx?do...) as a high risk contact.

WestJet 228 travelling on Aug. 28 from Calgary (11:15 p.m.) to Halifax (on Aug. 29 at 7 a.m.). Passengers in rows 12-18, seats C, D, E and F. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on these dates may develop symptoms up to, and including, Sept. 12.

Air Canada 612 travelling on Aug. 30 from Toronto (5:20 p.m.) to Halifax (8:14 p.m.). Passengers in rows 15-21, seats A, C and D. It is anticipated anyone exposed to the virus on this flight on this date may develop symptoms up to, and including, Sept. 13.

28. Grifter

Bluh?

It's a losing battle amigo. Reason and rationale have left the room. Every human must get the vaccine to appease him, including children and infants. ITS THE ONLY WAY!!!!

29. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Imagine that the guy who wants everyone to get the vaccine the medical experts are telling people to get to end the global pandemic is the one without reason :rofl:

30. MRA

MRA

I think 75% was the number to fully lift restrictions, and we are around 72% right now

I don't remember where I read that so it could be wrong

31. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

What restrictions are left? Masking?

32. KLD

KLD

Looks like social distancing won't be required either, so I assume certain places like restaurants can have increased capacity? Other than that, travel restrictions will remain in place as they are right now according to the phase 5 website.

33. Grifter

Bluh?

We had the hammer drop on Alberta again today. Masks are back and restaurant curfews.

34. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Crazy to think the govt there was basically declaring the pandemic over a month ago stopping all contact tracing, etc. It's no wonder people are anti mask, anti vaccine, etc with all the flip flopping

35. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Damn, Alberta will give you a hundy to get vaccinated