Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by -D-R-E-A->, Jan 26, 2009.

1. -D-R-E-A->

-D-R-E-A->
    [OP]
    ★~♥~★~♥~★

Dear HRM:

Christmas was over a month ago. PLEASE take down your christmas lights, santa's, Christmas cardboard cut-outs, etc.

It's tacky. Get off your lazy arses and take your lights off. Heck, leave em outside if you have to, but just don't turn them on.

That is all.

2. hammer

Richard Simmons

I agree with not turning them on if they are still up, but hey ; if you'd like to be outside on a day like today, which is what MOST of the weather has been like since the holidays; trying to balance a ladder on ice/snow, chipping decorations out of ice; be my guest.

This is one of the reasons I don't put decorations outside. Its not worth falling off a ladder or the roof over :)

3. thagurlnextdoor

Agreed... there is even a house on my street with their tree still up... wtf

4. Skater003

hahahahhahahaha I think its hilarious to see people with their lights still on....makes me think how craz they are! Zombietech on here still has his tree and I make fun of him everytime I go over :rofl:

5. Zombietech

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

6. thunder

my av is me

I had to tell a resident on the weekend to take his LIVE (/dead) christmas tree out of his room since its a freaking fire hazard. My god.

7. Zombietech

Mine is a fakey so its no fire hazard, plus im not sure how im going to store it since im officially out of storage lol. So im just going to keep decorating it lol, i have friends bringing me spring time stuff for it apparently.

8. Leroy

@danackles29

Mine were down and away Jan 2

9. unidentifiable

meow

this christmas we went to plug ours in from last year but they didn't work. had to buy new ones and put them up :(

10. Skater003

You are obviously a freak. thats all! You can find storage....UP YOU BEEEEEEEEP aahahahhahahahahahahaha:kekeke:

11. tiemeuphfx

Banned

From a Google reference:

Use Your Artificial Tree Year-Round
    No need to put your tree away after the Christmas season! Here are some ideas for year-round use of your artificial tree. Use your imagination and create.

Valentine's Tree: Red heart-shaped lights (or miniature red or white lights) along with heart garland, silk roses, baby's breath, heart-shaped ornaments, cherubs, red and white ribbon.

St. Patrick's Tree: Green shamrock garland or ribbon, shamrock ornaments, shamrock-shaped lights (or green miniature lights), leprechauns, Irish ornaments.

Easter Tree: Eggs of course! Also egg-shaped lights in pastel colors (or pastel miniature lights), baby "chick" feathered birds, nests, bunnies, egg-shaped ornaments, Fill clear plastic egg containers with jelly beans for ornaments.

Patriotic Tree (for Memorial Day or 4th of July): Stars and stripes garland, twinkle star lights (or miniature red, white or blue lights), star-shaped ornaments, red-white-and-blue ornaments, bows and flags.

Halloween Tree: Pumpkin lights, cats, brooms, orange and black ribbons, orange and black ornaments, clear plastic ornaments filled with candy corn.

Harvest/Thanksgiving Tree: Berry picks, gold lights, fall leaves, sheaves of wheat, ornaments made of straw, assorted fruit and nut ornaments.

Collectibles Tree: Showcase your favorite collectibles by decorating your tree with collectibles and coordinating trims.

Nature Tree: Decorate with birds, nests, raffia and flowers. Our natural looking trees are an excellent addition to a log home, a rustic great room, den or patio.

12. Skater003

Oh dear, don't tell him this :rofl: