Christmas Decorations

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Cooper, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Cooper

Cooper
    [OP]
    FTP

When do you decorate? I start Nov 12.

And yes. Matt, Beaker, etc hate Christmas. That's fine. Enjoy your misery.

Christmas is an amazing happy time for most. I'm so excited for the music, and dinners with friends, and parties and baking. I'm excited to get together with people we're sometimes not able to see because life gets in the way. And decorations.

When you're done, post decor pics!

2. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I should have put up lights when I was cleaning out the gutters last weekend!

3. Bean

Breasts

I haven't done any decorating in the last about 3 yrs besides a tree on the front lawn of my old house.

This year I'm doing it. It'll be my 2nd christmas in my house..and Im not alone this Christmas. So the bf and I are going to decorate and make it a special one. Im excited :)

4. Cooper

Cooper
    [OP]
    FTP

Yeah we realized last night with a snowy icy driveway and snow covered eves, we should have done the lights sooner lol

5. Cooper

Cooper
    [OP]
    FTP

Oh nice!! Having someone to do it with makes it better! <3 how long have you guys been together now?

6. Wayne

Our tree is up because we had to test it (brand new pre-lit tree)...haven't decorated or had it on other than to test.

Won't likely decorate per say until Dec 1

7. Bean

Breasts

I totally agree. The last 2 yrs of my relationship with my ex, I did all the decorating. Got the tree myself. Put it up. Decorated it. It was really shitty. Then last year I was single so I didn't bother..first Christmas in my house and spending it alone kinda put me in a shitty place. So this year...I'm doing it :) Not long enough to be jumping up and down for (almost 2 months..still new). But still makes me happy to have someone to spend time with at Christmas. Considering its my favorite time of year. I'm a big family person- so it means a lot to me.

8. bnguitarman

Shmir-nup

We don't put anything up until December 1st. Our family considers the entire month as "Christmas Month". Everything comes down on January 1st.

I think Mid-November is too soon for me but I understand if people want to decorate that early.

I worked in retail for several years and I lost a lot of feeling for Christmas until about 5 years ago, when we were expecting our first child. Working in retail (Walmart specifically), you see the nasty side, the commercial side and you forget all about the important things about Christmas. For some, its the religious aspects and for others its family. I'm glad I've got the spirit back again.

9. Jess

I'm not quite in the Christmas frame of mind yet, but if I was I'd start decorating any time after the 11th. I'l probably wait until December 1st to put anything up and a bit longer for a tree, it takes up a lot of space in the living room and our tree has died the last two years, so maybe December 15th ish.

I love the Christmas season and am definitely looking forward to it.

10. DUKE

Alfa as Fuck

I like Xmas time but I will not be putting out any decorations. Ex GF was crazy about that and took all the decorations with her.

11. cohiba

Thanksgiving is coming up soon. Probably won't decorate until mid December. My mom is flying down this year so I'm pretty excited.

12. clicker666

Older lifter

The wife likes it up for all December. I can't take it down until like the 3rd of Jan. She'd probably have it up longer, but the tree drives me crazy. It sits in the only place in the living room it can, which happens to be near the TV area. The lights from the tree screw up the remote and I have to give her the buttons for the month.

Can't be having none of that now.

Also, I always get video games for Christmas too (old nerd), and can never see what's on the right edge of the screen. damnable tree.

13. 24dsx-ual

obeyurcrotch

Will be decorating this weekend.

14. kmac

très classy

I have Christmas lights on my deck.. that's about it til Dec.

15. never_be_sold

Looking forward to spending Xmas in Costa Rica or Hawaii, will probrably put up a tree sometime in December but thats about it.

16. *Jani*

Blinky

Hopefully decorating this weekend :D
    We had a shit ton of decorations (mine, his, and his parents that we acquired when they moved) so we need to drag it out and see what we don't need/want.

17. Miss Shawty

This is the first year that I finally get to decorate my own place. :wiggin: :muri: I'm starting to decorate after my birthday (Nov 24th) My roommate and I are going to get a bottle of wine, put on a Christmas movie and decorate the tree and the apartment! :D :D

18. Leroy

@danackles29

Christmas lights have been on the house since November 2011

19. Dewie

:lol:

20. Dewie

I don't know if I'll decorate this year or not... I did find everything I made up a few years ago to do so again...

[​IMG]

21. Mitch

Hawaii

22. Duggan

Will be in Thailand after the 12th, won't be back until 2015. Maybe a couple decorations, no tree.

23. Gooch

The people who complain about others putting up decorations really early are way more annoying than the early decoration people.

24. Sue

Sue

We do the boat and make a lobster trap Christmas tree and have it lit soon. We don't do any decorating in the house inside the house until the 15th of December. No problems with when others do theirs. To each their own :)

25. Gooch

I will decorate when I find the time, it is nice out, or when I feel up to it. This could be any where between Oct to Dec.

26. teal

A Candy Cajolers Thrill

I don't decorate until mid December.

However, my cousin has had her house completely decked out, inside and out, for weeks.

27. CyberCX

GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY

We're going to NL this year to spend Christmas with her family. This will be the first Christmas I've spent away from my family. I'm not overly excited about it, but we've been together for ~ 12 years so I guess it's time to sacrifice. I've spent a few Christmases alone during that time. Any-who, we'll be gone for a week so we're not going to bother decorating our place. Normally we start decorating around the first week of December.

28. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

Wife's family tradition was always after her Birthday so we stick to that. I will likely put the lights up outside this weekend before it results doing it in taint-freezing-conditions. This will be one of the few years we've used a fake tree. Meh. It's not quite the same.

I have always liked christmas but the last few years have been unkind to us during this time of year so it's been mostly 'meh'. This year *knock on wood* everything looks like it will go well :) so with any luck it'll be a fantastic Christmas.

What about time off? Who took what? I had some time sched off around it, not a lot because my Wife was never able to get any extra time in her old job but in the new one she just started she gets like the last two weeks of Dec off(jealous). Right now we're super short at work so I'm working up till and including Christmas eve. Might be able to get the 27th off but that's not 100%. To be fair, I volunteered to take the 24th because we don't have little kids and most of my co-workers do so I figured if they could be off with them I could wait it out a few extra hours :) Now....if someone TOLD me I had to work Christmas Eve for that reason I likely would have said fuck off. :lol:

29. Sublime

Mmm limey

Decorating will likely start happening the last weekend of November. Since I'm the only one who cares about decorating the house I do it by myself so it takes a few days to get the totes/boxes upstairs and unpacked.

No vacation time around Christmas for me this year. My vacation doesn't renew until the end of April, and I only have 2 days left so I'll likely save them for some time in the new year. I don't really care, my husband can't take the time off because of work commitments so I don't really care to be off without him.

30. Duggan

How far away from your fam are you?

31. CyberCX

GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY

My immediate family is all in HRM. She does have some family here too.

I was supposed to go to NL with her last Christmas, but my mom's common-law husband passed away unexpectedly not long before the holidays and it was her first Christmas alone in ~ 20 years so I had to bail.

32. Duggan

At least you are able to see them before and after so that wont be too bad at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not putting up any decorations, as we won't be around for xmas.

33. JayCeeEhm

printf("hello, world");

Put my tree up today.

[​IMG]

34. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

Time off? Pfft, seasonal blackout. Scheduling worked out that I end up working both Christmas day AND Boxing Day. That's alright though.