Car audio problems

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Big C, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Big C

Big C
    [OP]

I'm wiring up a Sony cd player in my 77 MGB. I have power and everything works properly, except there is no sound coming out of the speakers. the HU is powering up with the key, the cd spins, the memory is staying without the key etc. i have new wire run to the front and rear speakers, new rockford speakers up front, and older pioneers in the rear. I'm not running an amp or anything. I'm only using 3 wires (red, yellow & black) other than the speaker wires. what could be the problem? Guru's ... please shed some insight.

2. Omerta

you said your speakers arnt amped but if they did come pre-amped from the factory that would keep them from turning on. though i that is unlikely in 1977 for them to be. i just noticed you wrote you ran new lines ignore this

theres no way you could have mixed up the speaker wires? that would keep it from not working. other than that i have no idea ive hooked up 2 stereos with out issue and never ran into a problem

3. Big C

Big C
    [OP]

i doubt that i would've mixed up the polarities of all 4 speakers. if i messed one up, that wouldn't cause all of them to not work would it?