1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Campagna T-Rex!!! OMG

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by asmd, Jan 15, 2005.

1. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

This is probably old news, but I was watching Ride with Funk Flex tonight, and he went to se Ja Rule (poor guy). Anyways, he was obsessed with this toy that Ja had, its called a T-Rex, made by Campagna, and its a reverse style trike that uses an 1100cc Kawasaki motor. I thought that this rig was amazing, but, the 40k price tag was a bit of a downer. Anyways, some pics and info. . . oh yeah,t hey're Canadian too! :cool:

The combination of radical styling, and formula one racing technology provide the T-Rex with fantastic looks, optimal handling and precision steering. It exploits Japanese motorcycle engine technology with its 1100cc Kawasaki sports superbike engine and gives this unique vehicle astounding acceleration.
    [​IMG]Designed with the driving position, angle of the steering wheel and the suspension of a sports car this three-wheeler respond like a formula 1 racer. Its huge and sophisticated rear suspension allows the vehicle to hug the road, thereby ensuring exceptionally safe driving.

[​IMG]Tremendous structural solidity, a wide front track and a balanced geometry give T-Rex drivers extraordinary control. The roll cage offers protection to both the driver and the passenger.

History

'I wish a three-wheeler propelled by a motorcycle engine, echoing the spirit of the much-acclaimed Lotus Super Seven would exist...'- Colin Chapman, Lotus founder.

[​IMG]Founded in 1990 in the Province of Quebec (Canada), Campagna Corporation has acquired a reputation for innovation within the automotive industry. In 1994, the T-Rex was born. Campagna's founder devoted more than eight years to creating the T-Rex. He personally handcrafted the first vehicles. Since then, Campagna has gathered a creative team of technicians carrying the mission, the vision and the T-Rex heritage.

The Creators

Daniel Campagna is no newcomer to the automotive industry. He participated in Formula Ford competition championships in Quebec in the 70's, and was one of the mechanics to the Formula 1 legend: Gilles Villeneuve.

Paul Deutschman, an internationally known designer developed the bodywork for the T-Rex. After graduating from Hatfield (England) with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Deutschman was employed by Rover and Jaguar before he returned to his native Quebec to work in design and prototype construction. His Porsche Spexter has been featured on the cover of MotorTrend and Sports Car Illustrated. As a designer for Callaway, he was responsible for all Callaway cars, from Corvette aerobody to C-7 & C-12.

The company is the pride of Plessisville, in Quebec City. Campagna, a passionate and able team of technicians, owns a high tech plant that has enough floor space for a production of up to 1000 vehicles per year.

2. Scott

rawr

I seen that as well. Dont think ja could drive it real well. lol

They look like a blast to drive though!

3. asmd

asmd
    [OP]

Ja drove the thing bout as well as he can rap! :rofl:

best i when he stalled the thing, couldn't get it running again, then when he did get it running, he revs it out to 4k and dumps it to get it going. . . probably the first time he ever drove the thing. More money than brains, Nelly brings 4 cars to meet Flex at the dragstrip. :rofl:

4. Eisenflower

I could think of better ways to spend 40K, aside from an unbalanced, usless vehicle like that.

5. Benedict

Formerly Topdawgg

couldnt agree more

6. Scott

rawr

oh i agree..wouldnt be my first choice. more or less something if money was no object. id rather have an atom!

7. Daver

if i were to buy some 3 wheeled vehicle it would be that carver over in europe