Buying another car ...

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Winter Hill Gang, May 6, 2004.

1. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

So I'm looking at picking up a cruising car ... big ... comfy ... preferably old school ... looking at something like a 79 lincoln continental ... anyone have any other recomendations that i should look into???

something like this anyways
    [​IMG]

2. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

so u mean a pimp mobile

3. Daver

i would suggest a 82 cutlass supreme, my bro had one just like it, comfy as hell, and loads of power
    [​IMG]

4. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

not necessarily ... I'm not gonna put a mexican jumping kit on it and I can't stand the look of spokes ... it is simply made to cruise to the beach on weekends, with a few passengers quite comfortably, boards on the roof and beer in the trunk ...

Small cars are great for fuel economy but there is a certain soothing factor to driving a boat ... I dunno

5. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

I hear ya on the power and everything ... but it just says a little too 'Hair-Metal' for my liking ... :D

6. Daver

yea me too, but its a awesome car

7. rawag77

Yes I am

I've got an '86 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham you can buy if you come to Texas. It only has ~59,000 miles (95000km), with a 5.0 v8, power s/l/w, sunroof, and premium sound system. Even has the original 14" chrome spoke wheel covers. And I still pimp it to work everyday... Ask Pat to take pics of it if you want.

8. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

Cause I am gonna drive to texas ... :ugh:

9. Daver

yea drive down there and then add a shit load of mileage,(no map around so i cant say how much)

10. John Doe

1,657 miles.. or the equivalent of about a month's worth of driving. If you're getting the car for cruising and it's a 2nd car then I don't really see the problem.. so that was a pretty stupid remark.

As far as driving down here and picking up a car, let me break it down for you like this: Our cars rarely, if ever, have rust. They don't see 'winters' like you seem to be so concerned with up there since we don't have 'winters.' They don't get salt on them, because there is *never* salt on the roads (even if it does snow, they use sand because it'll warm up to 50 degrees by the afternoon anyway). Cars here are also generally far cheaper to purchase than other parts of the world/country, including where he is looking to purchase a car.. so the plane ticket here and drive back still wouldn't equal the raping he'd take on a lesser, not-as-clean car up there.

This particular car, as you might have noticed, has *very* low miles as well and is in extremely good condition having been maintained very well for it's whole life. This is apparent if you simply look at the car, it's all original and from 1986 but you can't really tell. You could drive the 1600 miles back up to Canadizzle and still not come anywhere near even close to "low" mileage for that year, it's practially "no" mileage.

So save the stupid comments and if ya want pics of it just ask me. Hell I looked for Accords for bootsie around here when he was looking for a car, too.. since he's smart enough to know we have rust-free cars that sell on the cheap!

11. VR6in

I just spent the last two days in Massachusettes (sp?) and Conneticut and even that far north I was amazed at the quality of the cars for low prices. I've been seriously thinking about going south of the border for my next car if I found one that I wanted. Excellent shape and low prices is enough reason for me to do a little driving for a car that I want.

12. rawag77

Yes I am

13. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

I totally agree with the winter/rust thing you were saying ... but the same goes for western cars ... and just to be clear I wasn't bashing TX or anything ... it's just there is no way I am driving to and/or from TX ... I just can't stand driving in the states ... plus I tend to like the 4 door old schools better than the 2 door which I think the supreme was ... What can I say ... I know what I want and will settle for nothing less ... HAHA

14. John Doe

I was just telling you that there's not really going to be a better place to find a clean car on the cheap than in Texas. Austin in particular has great prices. Find something you like near me and I'll even check it out for you, you could always have it shipped.

Or, you can get a rusted-out car for $3000 more if you'd like, it's not my money.

15. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

anyone one know what the prosedure is for bringing a car registered to the USA into Canada???

16. John Doe

if you're on ClubSi you can talk to max about that

17. Winter Hill Gang

n00d

That would be a big negative ... oh well