Business idea, have a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Big Al, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Big Al

Big Al
    [OP]

For those that are involved with the commercial leasing of fleet vehicles, is it possible to do a year long lease on a fleet and turn it over every year? If it's a fleet style commercial lease, how would the cost compare to a personal lease?
    I'm thinking like ~20-30ish vehicles.

Also, when a company requires a couple part time call center jockeys, is it possible to contract out to a random call center pretty easily? Or does the contract have to be big enough to employ a team of people full time? Basically asking do call centers do "piece work"?

Where would a fellow find financing for such a project that would have significant legal/IT/capital investment at start up?

2. Majarvis

I'm not sure how much help this is to you, but from what I saw the shortest commercial lease terms were 24 months. Those were commercial leases through Toyota Financial Services, so a dedicated leasing company like O'Regan's National Leasing may have shorter terms.

As for the cost of of a commercial lease vs. a personal lease, the commercial leases are usually more expensive because the assumed annual usage of the vehicle (the kilometer limit) is significantly higher than on a personal lease. They usually require you to pay the taxes up-front at the beginning of the lease, too. Also, the residual value of the vehicle is quite a bit lower on a commercial lease vs. a personal lease, because they assume the vehicle will be "used more" for commercial purposes, which will increase the wear and tear and decrease its value at lease-end. I'm not sure if that helps or not, but I tried, lol. I don't have much dealings with commercial leases, so definitely don't take what I said as absolute, but from what I saw, those seemed to be consistent trends.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  3. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

All the rental places do commercial rentals for long term.

You can tey to strike a deal with them to make it worth it for you. When I started working at my current company, we had 100 trucks on long term rent. get your own coverage and you're set.

4. Big Al

Big Al
    [OP]

the rental of commercial vehicles works out cheaper than leases for your company?

5. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

No. Thats why we bought 350 of our own trucks. :lol:

I said it could be an option for you. Don't rule it out until you tey to negotiate their rates. It might surprise you.

6. watcha

Born Killer

Al,
    there are many programs out there you can look into.
    CBDC, YES!, local bdc.
    etc.
    go talk to your schools business department and then go see your schools employment place.
    they all have the information you need on financiing and money

7. Codith

This is my biggest issue as well, I' am looking into starting a business very soon, the cost for it will probably be anywhere from 500k-1mil, now just looking into how to finance the idea, ect