Bus Drivers, tell ur story

Discussion in 'Alberta' started by Mr. Vodka, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Mr. Vodka

Mr. Vodka
    [OP]
    WHAT IN THE FUCK!!!??

I've worked for Diversified Transportation Limited for a year. I've heard alot of complaints but I wasn't bothered by anything or anyone. I was happy with 6-7 hours/day. It was still alot more $$$ than I would have made back home. As bids for extra runs came up, I grabbed what I could. After alittle while, I was at 9-10 hours/day. I did everything by the book. Then I started to experience the BS some of the other guys were talkin about, the shortened work hours, the "seniority issue", meaning some of the new drivers were workin crazy hours while the rest of us were trying to adjust to less work, etc,etc. And when I was nabbed for a small, stupid "incident",(My bus was stuck in the snow so I had to "rock" her alittle to get out of the rut{by the way, they didn't plow the friggin yard} and in the process, my tail end nicked the taillight of another bus, causing it to break)They suspended me for four days without pay! I said fuck that! Why would they waste time with this BS?? I was one of their best friggin drivers!! That was one reason I returned home. I couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm lookin for other job opportunities because I do want to go back to Alberta to work.
    Any leads??

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Mr. Vodka

Mr. Vodka
    [OP]
    WHAT IN THE FUCK!!!??

3. infatuous

When I'm looking for work, I start with a resume instead of a rant. I don't know anything about your industry, so that's all the advice I have.

4. hank

If the stock bus drivers go on strike you might get on as a scab :kekeke: $12 an hour yo!

5. Mr. Vodka

Mr. Vodka
    [OP]
    WHAT IN THE FUCK!!!??

First of all, I'm not "ranting" I'm just stating facts of what u might expect if u work for these people. I'm sure it's a similar situation all industries, and I just want to hear the story of other bus drivers and "compare notes" ....Aight??

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. spnx

How many of you could say something about a paste employer that HAs tgo take to write a posted dated cheque after he has released you from his employment.Most of the time I would let everything rested afterwards.
    But the chewing out I received for making a simple mistake like leaving the keys in the vehicle and waiting for a locksmith was not called for. VDM maybe big in the trucking industry and oil patch. After being 48% disabiled by a run in with a chip truck back in the 80's. I made another mark in the trucking industy.
    I would also stated that moving into edmonton was a major and expensive mistake.
    I even has a feeling the local police had a say in the outcome of the Apprenticeship exam in the end.
    In my mind scott and bobby are assholes. One of these days VDM will lose another driver It may come back and really bother them. I am not the one signing the completed work orders.
    I here from one of the drivers that they still brag about a monor accident involving a RCMP unit. The driver I was talking to said the officer backed into the trailer hitting the right rear bumper. When that VDM diver died afew years back up around Ft.St. John. I understand the driverw as covered in gravel. You might say his soul,was at his resting place long before the funeral took place.

7. infatuous

8. Mr. Vodka

Mr. Vodka
    [OP]
    WHAT IN THE FUCK!!!??

Man, who did u drive for? Was it in Edmonton?

9. slouse