Are you happy with your life right now?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Miss Shawty, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Miss Shawty

So, after filling out Ash's thread, it got me thinking.
    Im actually REALLY happy with my life right now, and theres nothing I would change. I mean I have small things that I would change but nothing major.

I enjoy my job, I know its not my career but Im only 21 I have along time to figure out what I want to do with my life.

I enjoy my friends and family, I have really good friends and a great mom and dad.

My relationship with Michael is awesome, were going away to Dominican very soon. Even him being gone for 6 weeks and home on weekends doesnt change a thing ... if anything it brings us more together.

*Absence makes the heart grow fonder*

So what about you RC. Sit back and think about your life, are you happy with it? What would you change, and what wouldnt you change?

:D

2. Matt30

Im happy with the way things are headed. I just wish i could speed things up a little.

3. User1628

I would make myself a mod and block your IP

otherwise my life is just dandy

4. Heather

everything to everyone

5. Heather

everything to everyone

wait.....

you're going to the dominican???

6. Miss Shawty

Yep

7. Cayla

Swarley

minus the part where I live in Moncton yes.... altho the life I have in moncton is great I would much rather live somewhere else which is bound to happen in the next year or so anyway..

I'm 25.. getting married in 3.5 months to the love of my life.. have a house, car, dog, cat, great job... amazing family and money in the bank...

8. Jester

b00n

9. Shellie

Team Suzuki

I'm happy with my life. I wouldn't change anything that has happened in the past. I would like to change my unemployment to having a fantastic job in my field but in the meantime I'm using my time off work to speed up my thesis process :)

10. b-bob

At the moment I am very happy with my life.

Deciding that I don't want to be a teacher was a huge change in my life as I had already done a year and a half at a tiny little university and then decided to switch to a new university and be in the city. I have made a couple of really good friends at both universities and what hasn't broke me so far has only made me stronger.

Last winter living with Brad for 3 months taught me so much not only relationship wise but I also learned that I really love the city despite my fears of it.

I feel that my job has made me so much more experienced towards my career choice and right now, I couldn't ask for a better job. They didn't replace me so I have been lucky enough to pretty much pick my own hours and days. What started out to be 2-3 days a week for 3 months ended up being full time, for 8 months. They have been amazing to me, even gave me a scholarship, I couldn't have asked for better employers.

I have an amazing family, we are very closeknit and ever since my sister was in a very bad car accident 8 years ago my dad has been very protective but not too overbearing. He really enjoys spending time with all of the family and loves having the boys that he never had around. He is happy to just sit back and watch everyone be happy.

I just found out that I got into Mount Royal College. In the fall when the reality that Brad wouldn't get a job here was more evident, I refused to admit that I could take this program anywhere else, I wouldn't even look in to it until he got called for his second interview with Shell. I know that many people think that being 20 and having been with the same person since grade 9 is a bad thing and it will never work, but we've been through some rough times together and because of it we appreciate each other that much more. We are closer then we ever have been and I can't wait to move out west, get a place together and spend every single night curled up with him.

11. Skater003

Yes and no...I have no idea what I want to do with my life and being 20 almsot 21, that kinda freaks me out...but hey, I will figure it out. I am super happy with what I have done with my life up to now b/c I have one a lot of things that have made me who I am today and I think I am pretty swell! (Not blowing my own horn or anything :rofl:) I am happy with my bf and there is nothing that can change that. So all in all, I am happy, but I will need to make a few changes to make things better!!!

12. Gerald

I am, but I would like to skip the next two years so that I don't have to deal with being back in school and trying to live off of student loans again. Once I graduate and get to work, life will be absolutely dandy.

13. Pinkette

Yes.
    Sure I'm not exactly where I want to be career wise but that will come in time. I'm still doing better job wise than I ever expected to be and the goals I make for myself will put me in an even better place in life soon enough.
    Relationship wise I have a better bf than I ever could have wished for. He's amazing. I enjoy his company and I couldn't even dream of anyone better. He's perfect for me in every way.
    I have a few amazing close friends which to me is more important than a having a ton of ok friends.
    As for myself I may have taken the longer road and dealt with a ton of crap but that makes me the person I am today and for once I am happy with who I am. Not because of a job/friends/bf but simply who I am when I stand alone from all of that. Only like a year ago I had a job I hated, a relationship that was going no where fast and had lost touch with all my friends. Things were pretty shitty but I was happy with who I was and maybe that's all I needed to get my life in gear.
    I could go on for hours about how much I love myself and my life but I think you all get the point :kekeke:

I do miss my dog though... I gotta say it may sound pathetic but where she was is a huge hole in my life right now.

14. pohead

b00b

lol..that's how I feel too..things are happening, just not fast enough :)

15. thunder

my av is me

This may surprise some thunde-haters, but I'm incredibly happy with myself and my life. I complain because I'm always pushing myself, so I'm in a constant state of stress and anxiety, but I'm fucking successful and always growing too. When things slow down and I'm not stressed or anxious, I get bored... and I'd rather be growing than bored. I have some amazing friends, great grades, awesome family relationships, I do stuff for my community, etc... The only area I wish I put as much effort into was myself and my own well being... but that will come. :) Despite the extreme stress I am under, this may be the happiest I've ever been.

16. Anarki

Om nom nom.

Yep, I'd say life is pretty good right now:)

17. Shellie

Team Suzuki

:high5:

18. Omerta

Why do you always refer to your boyfriend by his first name? Its not like we all know him personally or something...

19. Omerta

I need higher grades and more money. But other than that life is good.

20. kmac

très classy

I love life. I have more then everything I need.

21. JP®

:pfft:

22. slouse

:lol:

23. Sublime

Mmm limey

May as well post here as I had an "examining my life" thought on my way home today...

Right now, my life is pretty great. Married (9 months yesterday) to a great guy. We live in our own home with a great little dog and a fat lazy cat. We have the best friends I could ever hope for and spend just enough time together that we don't get sick of each other. We bought a camper and an SUV last summer and spent the rest of camping season touring around NS. There are plans for more of the same this year.

I just got promoted at work and my new job seems like it was made for me and while I know it will get more challenging, I have a great department/team who are wicked and supportive.

I am going to Cuba in a couple months and it will be my first time down south and I get more excited to go away with every week that passes. Next Friday I am travelling to Toronto for a good friend's wedding and will be spending the weekend drinking and partying with a bunch of the best girlfriends ever.

24. millsey

I am happy with the personal aspects in my life, however, I am tired of being in school. I am excited to get out and start work ( I am also running out of money :lol:).

25. Bean

Breasts

I am quite happy with my life right now...things seem to be going in the right direction :)

26. ingress

_

27. CyberCX

GIGGITY, GIGGITY, GIGGITY

:hugs:

28. wreak

Very happy, my wife and I already have 2 vacations planned this year, one Europe, one Bahamas. We just bought a new car. It's look like we'll be into a brand new house by August. Both have careers and I just got promoted. Life is good. :)

29. Inopia

Meh, it could be better, but that will come in time. Life's only what you make it, unless you're handed a free ride through it all. with some hard work and determination, I think my life just may pan out just as I want it to.

30. Big Al

Life is alright. A lot is up in the air right now as to my future which I'd like to speed up and just get figured out, and I want to get out of Acadia before they lay any more fees/fines/charges on me.

31. markw

32. ingress

_

33. Miss Shawty

I :lol:'d.

34. PirateSteve

For all those who are 20-21 and say they have plenty of time to get their shit going...well get on with it! You'll be amazed at how fast time will go by.

35. Kay

Kay

x2