News Apple hits a trillion dollar market cap

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Nick84, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Nick84

Nick84
    [OP]

As much as the suck, that's still pretty impressive. :cool:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/02/her...-historic-run-at-1-trillion-in-market-va.html

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Insanely impressive lesson that good marketing can generate enormous wealth.

3. infatuous

Good marketing combined with fantastic product. If the product sucked, the marketing would not have carried them this far.

4. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Product carried them initially but they are facing stiff competition in today's market. The marketing is what got them to a trillion :o

5. Wayne

Not an Apple fan, but if the product was no good they wouldn't sustain the following, the marketing would not be able to keep them. Combination of both product quality and marketing.

6. infatuous

The product still carries them well enough, although with the slow down of innovation I am not as likely to buy the latest phone anymore. Their computers outlast anything else on the market. I still have some 10 year old iMacs that still work fine, and as far as tablets go, I can't stand the feel of anything else in my hand other than an iPad. Everything else just feels cheap and shitty.

Anyway, don't want to do the old Apple fanboi bullshit, just saying, the product should get credit too.

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Product gets credit for sure. I can respect a good product, I'm just in total awe at how well they market the brand. That little Apple logo on a product goes a loooooooooooooooong way. Turns a regular laptop into a $5,000 laptop :eek3:

Nick84 likes this.
  8. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

As an anti-Apple person, Boots, you can't and/or wont budge a bit on Apple being anything other than a marketing company. They have definitely done a great job of using marketing to get to where they are, but as has been pointed out already, without the right products to back it, they'd never get to where they are. Saying that Apple has good products does not mean that others don't have good products as well, but Apple has really owned how you take those products to market and embed people in an ecosystem as well. It's amazing to watch that machine work.