1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone want to go racing? ITB VW Scirocco FS

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by PirateSteve, Oct 28, 2004.

1. PirateSteve

ITB VW Scirocco 1987 chassis

-Full weld in 8 point SCCA legal rollcage
    -1.8L JH code engine bored .040" Mahle pistons
    -ARP hardware throughout, balanced, blueprinted fresh engine 2 weekends 105whp on Dynojet, competitive power.
    -Bilstein shocks with threaded sleeves
    -Aluminum camber plates
    -4K Rabbit GTI tranny with 3.91 FD and Quaife LSD
    -Stainless braided brake hoses front and rear
    -Tilton brake bias valve
    -Kirkey seat
    -Autometer tach
    -VDO mech oil pressure, water temp & oil temp
    -8 usable Toyo RA1's 205/55/14, one set of VW Snowflake rims

I've raced this car for the past 4 seasons, very competitive car, reliable, Chassis is in great shape, could use a $500 Maaco dent removal and respray, some superficial wounds on the RR by the tail light. We got it together for our Aug 29th weekend and ran competitively all day, within .5 of the car's best lap record. Led the ITB race for 5 laps, but DNF'ed because I forgot to secure the battery
    Front brakes are close to done, I've been using Carbotech Panther Plus, which seem to work great. Other than that its race ready as an IT car or could be a very solid platform for upgrading for anything else.

Price is $3500, also have a pile of spares to go with it. Unfortunately recent in action pics are sleeping on my dead hard drive, I have some from a few seasons ago. I'm selling because I don't have the time to finish developing the car and compete with it.

I can be contacted through this thread, or email sdph9@yahoo.com
    or cell phone 902-233-4730

Steve

[​IMG]

2. MK

MK
    Rollin Low

Awesome car man. To bad you gotta sell it.