1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know thier jeeps?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by JP®, Apr 19, 2004.

1. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

I bought a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.. Nice truck, I wanted a new one, but I want to buy a boat, bike and a house this summer.... I dont know how off roadable it is, seems pretty tough.. Anyone ever take one in the woods? I got the 5.2 (318) v8, are they a good towing truck? The most im going to pull with it is a medium sized speed boat..

2. John Doe

That'll work for towing and off-road duty. Jeeps are pretty good offroad. My mom had a 96GC, at the tranny before 16K miles and had countless other problems. Her Jeeps since then (there's been like, 5 or so) have been equally troublesome. She doesn't drive them hard, either... and only puts on about 2K miles/year (the 96 got 16K because at the time I owned a VW that broke constantly).

3. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

Was her jeep a 4.0 or 5.2? I've heard nothing but bad about the 4.0 l trannys... Im hoping the 5.2 ones are a little more reliable.. I was drunk when i bought it, and it seemed like a good idea at the time.. i got pulled over yesterday, and the cop asked me who I bought it from, and I couldnt tell him.. hahaha.

4. John Doe

The 96 was a 4.0, then the rest were 5.2, 5.9, or 4.7.

5. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

Ive got an Armstrong built 340 thats 400+ HP that im debating dropping in it, if the tranny will take it.. It was for sale on the forums, but no takers.