Anyone know thier jeeps?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by JP®, Apr 19, 2004.

1. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

I bought a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.. Nice truck, I wanted a new one, but I want to buy a boat, bike and a house this summer.... I dont know how off roadable it is, seems pretty tough.. Anyone ever take one in the woods? I got the 5.2 (318) v8, are they a good towing truck? The most im going to pull with it is a medium sized speed boat..

2. John Doe

That'll work for towing and off-road duty. Jeeps are pretty good offroad. My mom had a 96GC, at the tranny before 16K miles and had countless other problems. Her Jeeps since then (there's been like, 5 or so) have been equally troublesome. She doesn't drive them hard, either... and only puts on about 2K miles/year (the 96 got 16K because at the time I owned a VW that broke constantly).

3. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

Was her jeep a 4.0 or 5.2? I've heard nothing but bad about the 4.0 l trannys... Im hoping the 5.2 ones are a little more reliable.. I was drunk when i bought it, and it seemed like a good idea at the time.. i got pulled over yesterday, and the cop asked me who I bought it from, and I couldnt tell him.. hahaha.

4. John Doe

The 96 was a 4.0, then the rest were 5.2, 5.9, or 4.7.

5. JP®

JP®
    [OP]

Ive got an Armstrong built 340 thats 400+ HP that im debating dropping in it, if the tranny will take it.. It was for sale on the forums, but no takers.