1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone know dodges?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by nb132, Oct 7, 2004.

1. nb132

nb132
    [OP]
    Drunk Batman hates you

so yea, my fuckin master brake cylinder took a giant shit on me tonight, and i still have "SOME" break left, as in if i pump it like 50 times i get a little brake but very little and it pulls completely to one side. this has by the looks of things fucked my cape breton trip. FUCK
    i thought maybe a spare 97 parts van my father in law has would give us the part, but my uncle( s mechanic) says it won't work becuase
    a) dodges that were 97 up had traction control, mine didn't
    b) mine has abs, this one doesn't
    c) it's a different part number all togerher not even close, checked this visually....

so basically, anyone know a way to make this work? or should i even fuck with it because well it is brakes, and i don't have immediate plans on being buried.
    i think this is close to a got fucking beef thread....cuz i've had nothing but problems with this fucking dodge POS and i wish i had my honda. it would have been cramped, but i would have been in cb.

2. Omerta

what kind of dodge do you drive?

hit up the junkyards..
    figure out if its your master or theres a hole in your lines you would notice by loosing fluid (obviously).. if its the master than you could build min pressure and when you try to hold it down it would go soft. from my experence Mast Cyl.'s are just bolt out and a direct replacement all you need to do is rebleed your brakes and your done.

3. nb132

nb132
    [OP]
    Drunk Batman hates you

thats exactly what you're describing, it builds for a split second and then it's floor.

no fluid loss.
    gonna have to get one. i feel iffy buying brake components from a junk yard...can just imaging what new will cost, the altenator was over 300 for this pos..man in the honda it seemed parts were cheaper, and they didn't break much
    and it's a 1996 caravan

4. Eisenflower

pm ASMD.

5. Digital_7

if you do it your-self... be sure to bleed your break's good! all of them...

6. Jenn

Left Shark

We've booked a rental, Gar, no worries. :P

7. frankster

coffee, the dark blood

Do you have brake pressure when the car first started and not driven?

8. stu mccrea

Goto carquest on tuesday and get yourself a new master. But make sure you bleed the system well and have at least 2, if not 3 bottles of brake fluid handy to fill the system.

9. Jenn

Left Shark

No rental, no trip. :(
    Ah well...sometime later.