Anyone here a anti-mask or anti-vaxxer?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Gooch, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Scott

rawr

I'm curious what the government agenda push is?

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I believe it's to get us all to take the Bill Gates vaccine so they stop spreading covid with 5G towers which is very expensive and inefficient unless you have at least 4 bars coverage.

Smokey and Scott like this.
  3. Smokey

No I have no intention in getting the vaccine, just like I've never gotten the flu vaccine. I'm a healthy 39 year old with absolutely no underlying issues or reasons to get it. Its not because I'm anti vaccine, my kids are up to date on all immunizations, I just see no reason to vaccinate us against something that has such miniscule risk of causing me or my family any harm. Also, my parents who are both fairly high risk and are terrified of Covid, still aren't getting the vaccine, not for a while anyway

4. Smokey

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I dunno about you but I'd feel pretty shitty if I gave my child, parent or anyone else for that matter a disease because I was too ignorant to vaccinate myself against it :o

LMAC and HairyAss like this.
  6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

7. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

This is the thing with vaccines like flu and COVID. I'm not taking them for me. I have ZERO fear of either the flu or COVID causing me harm. I take it for others - initially, I became convinced it was a good idea for folks like my mother and mother-in-law who had been going through cancer and were susceptible to pretty much anything. After a while, I realised I should be thinking about everyone. The vaccine causes me zero harm and is a mild inconvenience (this coming from someone who can pass out from getting a shot) that can mean a ton to someone else, so I do it.

8. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I feel looking at this that SmokeySmokey is just fucking with us - I'm wondering what in there he objects to? Maybe clean water and sanitation?

9. Smokey

Of course it does. And you and I and Hairyass have the privelege of being able to afford the increases in carbon taxes, income tax, home equity tax and all the other taxes as Trudeau continues to redistribute our tax dollars around the globe. But what about all of those struggling to get by, our kids and future generations that will spend their lives paying for this buffoons uncontrollable spending on this agenda he wasn't elected on

Grifter likes this.
  10. Smokey

One would think those most vulnerable and concerned would be taking the vaccine, just like all previous coronavirus vaccines no?

KMD and Grifter like this.
  11. Gerald

I'd like to think that the tax dollars I can afford to pay will go to support these programs in order to put those that can't afford the tax burden in a better position to enjoy life rather than live as a wage slave. But, hey, I'm just a bleeding heart liberal (small l).

12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

So you don't care about other people enough to take a vaccine but you do care enough if they have to pay a carbon tax? hmmmmm :p

13. Smokey

One would think those most vulnerable and concerned would be taking the vaccine, just like all previous coronavirus vaccines no?

Grifter likes this.
  14. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Most previous corona viruses did not leave the majority of those they infected asymtomatic like the cold or the influenza virus, if you have it, you know you have it, so most people would hopefully intentionally avoid situations where the risk spreading it. That is the reason covid 19 is so dangerous. The flu can kill people too, but its no where near as sneaky. Covid 19 is a fucking ninja whereas the influenza virus wears a flashing beacon and siren on its head for the majority of people it befriends. Virtually just as deadly but it's just less likely to be passed on. Previous corona viruses weren't as sneaky so it was much easier to "starve" it out of existence and therefore the urgency to make a vaccine wasn't as great. It's like ebola. If someone had it and was contagious, their face was melting off. Pretty easy to recognize and avoid someone like that.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    chainsaw, Scott, Boots and 2 others like this.
  15. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If you're not worried about getting Covid-19 yourself then you should have no worries getting the vaccine as it's way less dangerous. Back in the day before we became such a soft society, people volunteered for this stuff because it was their duty as a member of society. If it wasn't for everyone else before us lining up to vaccinate from the plethora of deadly viruses out there, we may not even be here today.

16. 17

teenage dirtbag

I would like to think that as well. I have to pay tax and I have no problem doing so. Going forward I think the right move is to significantly cut foreign spending, increase corporate tax and install a wealth tax so get the deficit under control. I’m not upset at the amount of spending done in 2020 as it propped up our economy in unprecedented times but all eyes are going to be on what we will do to fix it.

17. Smokey

18. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

The article has nothing to do with its title. The title says that wearing a used mask could be worse than not wearing one at all. The article doesn't mention any findings at all that support that. It simple says that a used one is less effective than a new one, but nothing about being less effective than nothing.

19. C. Mike Hunt

20. infatuous

21. infatuous

Nobody is objecting to clean water and sanitation. We are objecting to you liberals convincing people that communism is the solution to the manufactured environmental issue of Co2. Before Covid, this was the biggest lie being perpetrated against the global population. It's unreal you idiots are still lapping up this bullshit. Global warming is not happening. I'll change my mind as soon as you show me one climate prediction made in the last 50 years that has materialized.
    https://newtube.app/TonyHeller/nKI8d9l

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

Communism and climate change :rofl: at least I can save my time and disregard any of your future political posts.

“What if climate change isn’t real and we’re cleaning up the planet for no reason?”

Jesus Christ the idiocy

23. infatuous

I love it when people who don't understand the difference between pollution and the second most important substance to life on this planet (perhaps THE most important) laugh when confronted on their religion. For the billionth fucking time, calling out the Co2 bullshit is not the same as wanting to fill the oceans with plastic. I'm sorry if that is too much for your simpleton brain to understand. Co2 is not killing the planet. Quite the opposite in fact. Jesus Christ, they'd seriously be able to convince you oxygen is killing you next.

24. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

It's not that CO2 in and of itself is bad, it's the concentration. Most of our atmosphere is made up of Nitrogen and Oxygen. Changing the mix by adding too much CO2 causes the issues that is driving climate change. I mean, it's only the smartest scientists in the world talking about this but, hey, whatever.

25. infatuous

What are the names of the ‘smartest scientists’?

26. C. Mike Hunt

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  27. infatuous

The comments. People think a mask for a cold is the same as a life preserver for someone drowning. Everyone has gone batshit crazy.

28. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Seriously? At this point, I’m more interested in reading/listening/watching about possible solutions to the problems. I just listened to a good podcast with Bill Gates on the subject and he pointed out that even the oil companies are getting on board and have stopped trying to sew FUD about it. It’s pretty simple - adding too much CO2 to the atmosphere messes with how our atmosphere regulates things and it is happening at such a rate that the planet itself can’t adjust.

29. infatuous

See that’s the problem right there. Bill Gates is not a scientist or a doctor. Why are you getting your information on a very complex issue from someone with no expertise in it other than funding scientists who puppet what he tells them to say? You can’t name a real scientist yet all the smartest ones believe in AGW?

30. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Gates has a foundation that is looking to help solve some of the world’s problems, including looking for solutions to climate change. So, I’m not listening to Gates to hear an explanation of what climate change is but listening to what he is looking at for solutions. Yes, I understand the distinction. Spend a little bit of time figuring out what he is doing and how he approaches it and you’d see there is a lot of good going on there.

FWIW, I tried to watch the video you posted. After he edited Biden speaking to try and make him look dumb, I stopped.

31. infatuous

Yeah I’m well aware of Gates’s foundation. Can you name an actual scientist that thinks the world is ending due to AGW?

32. 17

teenage dirtbag

you are overly emotional and dramatic about this. If you want the facts and scientists names, dissertations and junior high report cards, why dont you look them up and prove everyone wrong? Why would anyone waste time looking for information youre going to find some reason to reject? Prove its fake and shut us all up.

33. TheOldskoo

Huzzah!

Let him scream into the wind, whatever. Not worth the waste of breath on a topic like this; the whole ordeal has shown that there are a ridiculous number of people out there that refuse to pay attention to fact based logic, or even listen objectively.

Summoning StangStang ... or boingboing

17 likes this.
  34. Matt30

The only bat shit crazy people are the fucking morons who refuse to follow the simplest of rules. They are the reason we are still in this mess and the reason cases are still climbing.

People are still travelling around getting themselves exposed, not wearing a mask or following public health guidelines. It’s foolish. People just wanna rebel because they are programmed to do the opposite of what the government tells us. In my lifetime I’ve never heard anyone in an uproar because they couldn’t go into the grocery store with no shirt or shoes on because those rules were in place well before I was born I’m sure. But ask someone now to wear a tiny harmless face covering? Look the fuck out because captain room temp IQ can use a phone and is taking this injustice to the internet.

chainsaw, RoryTate, Boots and 3 others like this.
  35. C. Mike Hunt