1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here a anti-mask or anti-vaxxer?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Gooch, Nov 25, 2020.

1. KMD

KMD

It's impossible to say what the CPC "would" have done better or different they may have done a shitty job or we could be covid free, who knows?
    I read a good article the other day about a retired military lieutenant colonel in Alberta and it was very interesting
    https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/corbella-10
    For the record I am a card carrying CPC but only because I wanted to vote for the leader and had to join when it expires I will not rejoin.

2. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I know it's hard to say there is a guarantee without seeing but Scheer was a steaming pile of dung. I'm not convinced either way on O'Toole yet. He's stepped in it a few times but nothing major. I just haven't seen anything from him that shows he'd be better than JT in a significant way.

Thanks for the post to the article. I see merit in his point of view but the reasons that they state he is an "expert" in this area don't hold water. Being good at pulling troops out of Croatia and Bosnia doesn't make him an expert here. He complains that politicians listened to doctors instead and they fucked it up. He's basically operating under the assumption that military professional > medical professional when it comes to the best response to a pandemic which I'm not sure I buy. I also look at the response in Canada compared to the rest of the world and he's basically saying the entire world fucked up as Canada is on the same level of response as *the entire world*. His comparison to fighting wildfires also doesn't hold much water. And his statement that worldwide pandemics happen "all the time"... really?

Anyway, I respect reading alternative opinions but I can't see anything in his approach that convinces me that the current approach is bullocks and we'd be better off with what he is talking about.

Grifter likes this.
  3. Grifter

Bluh?

You're just looking at things how you want to and that's fine, it's your prerogative. But just because I don't have the energy to provide you with the reading materials you are asking for hardly makes me "wrong", just as your desire to have proof for everything that goes against with your opinions does not make you "right".

Do I know Erin O'toole will do better than Trudeau? No.

But your staunch defense of a Prime Minister who came into office with a resume showing that he was a part time teacher... So they handed him the keys to the country, hardly warrants me needing to prove to you why I believe that the person I would vote for tomorrow is a better choice to handle our countries affairs. It's pretty simple. He has a longer resume, more life experience, and brings more cards to the table.

I recognize that you don't sit here defending every move he makes... But your constant ascertation's that any choice other than him is hardly warranted and bad.... It needs a new coat of paint. Milks gone bad.

Now... Is Erin O'toole who I would have as my first choice to run the CP? Likely not. I don't know everything I need to about him. Do I think he's a better choice than a man who came into the role with no track record but was cool because he carries a famous name and had a nice hair cut and wanted to legalize weed? Please.... I have a better resume! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  4. KMD

KMD

I will say it again Scheer was a TURD and I don't know how he became leader that is why I am now a card carrying CPC member and voted in the leadership election so I could have a say in the leadership.
    We have Military or ex military officers leading the roll out of the vaccine in a the country and a number of provinces I think they must have some sort of training and Redman's time at Alberta's Emergency Management Agency might also give him some "Expert" level
    If you are going to quote the article get it right “Pandemics happen continuously,” well this was the first source I found I can get more. Seem pretty continuous to me:shrug2: and they just have the 20 worst there as well.
    https://www.livescience.cm/worst-epidemics-and-pandemics-in-history.html

Anyway I enjoy reading your opinion.

Grifter likes this.
  5. Grifter

Bluh?

I wrote my reply before seeing this.... And I liked it. But you still are being pretty close minded dude.

Just for clarity, I don't post articles as much as others, mainly because I don't care to take the time on my phone to do it. If I was at the computer I'd be more inclined. But don't lot me in with the blind ignorance or social media obsessed type. I think by now I've earned that bit of respect.

And yeah....I got a card too, so I could vote. Not cause I'm a hard right kinda dude!

6. Grifter

Bluh?

Scheer was not the right man for the job. I didn't vote for O'toole, and I'm glad Sloan got the boot. I voted for Mckay hoping he'd right the ship so to speak, but personally I wanted Pierre Pollievre to stay in the running. Thinking not many people on here are a fan of his, but I think he's great, and would have done a great job.

7. KMD

KMD

I was in Mckay's camp but he drove me out near the end with some of his foolishness. I forget now what he did but there were a few thing that he said and did that I didn't like and I went to Erin and Leslin for my two picks.
    Pierre is better suited in the HOC as an MP he is a bulldog and can do better and get more done where he is. Look at what he is doing in the committees.

8. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

"staunch defense" :lol: - GrifterGrifter - you seem like an awesome dude but please show me where I'm staunchly defending Trudeau? I have also *definitely* pointed out that I would vote for someone else given a good choice. I've also stated my opinion is still open on O'Toole.

You keep asking me not to get my back up yet keep making claims about what I've been or am saying that are completely wrong. I feel like we need to sit down over a beer (I wont even insist it be a craft IPA) as we're obviously just not hearing each other. :lol:

Grifter likes this.
  9. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I had such high hopes for McKay. I don't know what happened to him but it seemed in the end like he was trying to pander to the far-right too much.

His antics with Belinda Stronach are some of my favorite memories of Canadian politics. :lol:

10. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Good to know why you became a card carrying member. It's a good point that I've never considered myself. Would you become a card carrying Liberal to vote on a replacement for Trudeau?

Leading the roll out of the vaccine (which I definitely think is something the military can excel at) is vastly different than the response needed to fight the pandemic.

As for other pandemics:

a) The link you provided was blocked by my ISP as being suspicious. :lol:
    b) Let's also talk global at the scale of COVID-19. I think you have to go back to the Spanish Flu to truly find a comparison. All of the other pandemics have either been localized to a certain part of the world or never quite had the same characteristics as COVID-19 to achieve the spread it has. ie: Not all viruses are the same and can't all be treated/dealt with the same brush.

11. Grifter

Bluh?

:lol: I do do far better in person than I do over written word.

And yeah, Craft IPA's are wayyyy too hoppy. Glad to hear it's not a must! I'm more of a Lager guy. (Ever try Harp?)

The other part of what you are saying; maybe it's just the way I'm interpreting it, and I could be wrong. Sometimes I may not be conveying my points or rebuttle's correctly. I do see where you said you hadn't "cast judgement" on O'toole yet. I'm in that boat too. But it always comes across as a guilty until proven innocent sort of view?

Con's are wrong until proven right, and Lib's are right until proven wrong sort of message is what I always get out of your posts. That better?

(Probably not, I'm probably still "wrong". :lol:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  12. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Sadly, Stephen Harper destroyed the CPC party... (I voted for him twice before he did so). If he had of stayed how he was in his early years as PM he would have continued to be great but he swung too hard right and it bit him and the CPC in the ass. They haven't had a worthy leader since imo. I had assumed they would have rebuilt by now but I think the Trump era set them way back because for whatever reason Trump getting elected seemed to lower the bar ten fold for what peoples expectations are of a conservative leader :(

13. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I would definitely say in US Politics, it’s a Republicans are wrong until proven right, Democrats are right until proven wrong.

In Canadian politics, I’m open, especially when the leaders themselves are more towards the center. The bias is that I do tend to trend left so, unlike Boots just posted, I was not a fan of Harper. There are certain things, like gun control, that he and I completely disagree on.

14. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Not to digress but Harper got rid of a bunch of useless firearm laws that cost us billions of taxpayer dollars and it hasn't caused any increase in firearm crimes.

KMD, Nick84 and Grifter like this.
  15. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

:lol: at “not to digress”.

16. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I hate to get caught defending a conservative government. Don't want to let me leftist buddies down :rofl:

Nick84, KMD and Grifter like this.
  17. KMD

KMD

I wouldn't just join the party just to replace trudeau I would love to have a vote but I would feel so dirty buying a membership and giving that money to the liberal party :lol: Now if for some reason the party had shifted and I supported them I would pay and vote.
    1)That was just the first google search link but like I said I Have more here
    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html
    B) Oh now we are going global are we, proven wrong on the continuous point so now you are going to change it to something Redman never said and go "Global"?
    Of course they are all different. If all viruses were the same that would make things easy wouldn't it and we wouldn't have these continuous pandenics.
    Are you agreeing with me? :eek3:
    [​IMG]

Grifter likes this.
  18. KMD

KMD

I thought I saw the dogs circling :eek3:

Grifter likes this.
  19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Makes you wonder where Covid would be on that chart if it wasn't for our massive response and modern medical expertise :eek3:

KMD and chainsaw like this.
  20. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

I'm not sure at all what point you're trying to make here. :lol:

21. Wayne

All the pandemics since modern medicine have been nil for the most part.

AIDS - was a pandemic but considering you had to be actively engaged in something, its apples and oranges
    Asian Flu - right there with COVID-19 (numbers over years)
    Hong Kong Flu - right there in numbers, but double the time

The rest modern science got a handle on.

What was your point exactly with that diagram? Maybe I am confused.

chainsaw likes this.
  22. KMD

KMD

I am making the point that you complained that your ISP couldn't open my link so I provided you some proof that retired Lieutenant Colonel Redman's quote that “Pandemics happen continuously,” was factual because you seemed to have some doubt.
    Look up at the bold text HairyAssHairyAss doesn't think pandemics happen all the time so I am proving a point to him and a previous link didn't work for him and he bitched about it so I posted the picture. :shrug2:

23. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Thanks, KMDKMD .

My statement was "worldwide pandemics", not "pandemics". Sorry I wasn't more clear on that point. Of the pandemics in the last ~100 years, the ones that went worldwide with significant impact to the entire world, from the list you provided, includes HIV/Aids and The Spanish Flu. The other pandemics did not reach world scale.

Thanks for the links but your reason for providing them is a bit flawed, IMHO.

24. KMD

KMD

Ok keep changing what "your" statement was...
    We were talking about Redman's comment that Pandemics happen continuously in the article that you didn't agree with. That was the reason for providing the flawed data links that proves you wrong and Redman correct :shrug2:
    Seems to be pretty continuous there doesn't it?
    I am just not sure how we got from you not believing that Pandemics were continuously happening to going into some argument about "global pandemics" that I have no idea what you are going on about? :scratch:

I am so confused now I don't even know what the hell is going on :pillhead:

25. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Sure.

26. Grifter

Bluh?

This thread....

280abb.jpg

Scott and KMD like this.
  27. KMD

KMD

Okay

28. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

gotcha now

29. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Hey, KMDKMD - I'll try this again. I think the points I was trying to make somehow got lost. I'm not changing my opinion here, just trying to word it in a way that might make more sense. Reading the original article you posted about the guy in Alberta's opinion on how Canada is handling the pandemic, these were the points I was trying to make:

- The article specifically calls this dude out as an expert but if you read his background, while it is impressive, it doesn't make him an expert in how to handle pandemics. IMO, the best people to listen to on how to handle the pandemic are the medical experts who specialize in this. In Nova Scotia, for instance, listen to Dr. Strang. In the US, part of the point of their press conference yesterday was to say explicitly that politicians need to take a back seat and listen to the experts - in that case, Fauci and his team. All to say, anyone can have an opinion, but the dude in the article is not an expert.

- On the global front vs. Canada only. I only brought this up as I think it's important to look past Canadian borders to evaluate the success of different strategies for handling the virus. IMO, folks around the world should be looking at how Nova Scotia has handled things. Same with looking at New Zealand. There has been a lot of debate about how Sweden tackled things. I did not say that the dude in the article was wrong for not stating this explicitly. I'm just saying that in general, there is important data to look at on a global scale vs. just looking within Canada.

- For the continuous pandemic comment - if it makes you happy and gives you joy to say that I was wrong, you can have that one. The point I was trying to make is that *global* pandemics aren't happening all the time which the articles you've shared corroborate. Every outbreak has different characteristics and you can't compare how ebola was handled and say it's a rubber stamp that the approach to shutting down. The dude in the article seemed to be saying that because pandemics are happening all the time, there is a rubber stamp approach to dealing with pandemics which I disagree with. That's the important thing, IMO, to look at, not whether or not I worded things wrong and pandemics happen continuously.

All to say, thanks for sharing the article - it's good to read other opinions but, IMO, the guy should listen to the experts as he's not an expert himself, so he's just another voice shouting into the void.

30. KMD

KMD

Grifter likes this.
  31. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Yeah, that's not how we do things around here.

source.gif

KMD and Grifter like this.
  32. KMD

KMD

Don't you start with me...

33. LMAC

_

LOL no one on the internet does this

34. KMD

KMD

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Canada and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Canadian Secret Squirrels and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

35. Nick84

i am indian and let me tell you, being indian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off. suck my dick op suck my dick.