1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here a anti-mask or anti-vaxxer?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Gooch, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Gerald

No way. You're blind to the truth. Obviously if you sheeple would have voted Reform then we'd already all have the vaccine and be on with our lives and we could get back to shopping local by outsourcing and offshoring profits instead of being a bunch of Bill Gates commies. Get with it Boots.

Grifter, Scott and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

3. C. Mike Hunt

I know you're carrying on, but before he was laid off Todd Veinotte was on 95.7 telling us that Harper would have gotten vaccines approved faster.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  4. KMD

KMD

Really?
    You can blame him for waiting so long to secure our supply of the vaccine while thinking we were going to have a supply from China. Now we are so far down the line that we have to wait while everyone else is getting their supply and we wait....They talk about the China supply around the 7 min mark. I think we only got the first batch because there was a surplus and we got it and now you are going to see where actually are in the supply line and the people that got their first shot I hope they have enough to get their second in time to make it effective.

5. Wayne

Libtard here...

JT could have done much better securing vaccines.

Grifter likes this.
  6. 17

teenage dirtbag

We wouldn’t have to wait for anyone if vaccine manufacturing wasn’t dismantled by Mulroney privatizing it.

So maybe instead of giving money away to other countries hand over fist, we dump some of it back into that industry to protect Canadians in the future.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable

Grifter and Wayne like this.
  7. KMD

KMD

Did you watch the video, I guess not with a comment like that, they cover that in there
    Yup this is all I am saying as well and the video covers it pretty well even if you don't like Brian Lilley it has Warren Kinsella to balance him out.
    HairyAssHairyAss Trump warning in the video, but they are bad mouthing him so you will like it :lol:

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Definitely the worst part about this governments handling of the pandemic. The additional debt is a close second but their hand was a bit forced on that one.

9. C. Mike Hunt

OK, let me jump in with the infamous Steve Murphy question (OK, as close as I can get to it): If you were prime minister now, what would you have done about the vaccine and this crisis that Mr. Trudeau has not done?

10. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I would have prepared as many domestic drug companies as possible to be ready to join in the manufacturing supply chain as soon as a viable vaccine was created. If we didn't invent the vaccine, we should at least be ready to manufacture it.

chainsaw, Grifter and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  11. Wayne

Personally, I am not sure what the answer is there, but we shouldn't depend on other countries for goods that literally prevent our country from death/collapse. Ideally, there would have been pre-emptive thinking/action to have manufacturing in country for things like this given it was quite a LONG time ago it was squashed. Can't keep harping it was Mulroney who trashed the manufacturing when there has been plenty of time to do something about it.

However, that's a big ask so the next best option would have been to work with suppliers and domestic companies as early and vigilant as possible to secure doses instead of waiting so long.

Either way, its on his watch, its his responsibility to deal with it...and I think he could have done better.

Just my opinion.

Grifter and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  12. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Are the drug companies sharing their "recipes" with other manufacturers?

13. KMD

KMD

Okay first week?

I would have
    • have listened to my Military reports about what was happening in China
    • have locked down the border and stopped ALL traffic from CHINA and started monitoring incoming traffic from all other destinations.
    • not have sent all our PPE away.
    • quickly become lernt on vaccines and....
    • begin looking into domestic production of vaccines at our current facilities, and what is needed to get a facility up and running ASAP.
    • When I knew there are companies like pfizer and moderna offering vaccines I would be buying ASAP not jumping in bed with China and giving them millions? of dollars and then having them bail on the whole project and keep all the data.
    • Take a week off go surfing?
    • Hide in my cottage?
    • whoops got off track there.

14. LMAC

_

fly to cottage in helicopter from military right

17 likes this.
  15. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

You do so well being logical and then you drift off into repeating political talking points and you lose me. You could have explained what YOU would have done without turning into an attack on the PM.

16. Grifter

Bluh?

It was funny though. People are allowed to poke fun of the PM.... We don't all have to like him.

Don't pick on me.

Look! It's Infatuous!

:bolt:

Nick84 and KMD like this.
  17. KMD

KMD

I got off track there at jumping in bed with China point from there down is just rambling and attacking the PM.
    Is the truth really attacking him?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Grifter likes this.
  18. Scott

rawr

Easy to say what we'd do or wouldnt do without knowing all the facts, details, etc

Wayne, KMD, RoryTate and 1 other person like this.
  19. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Just tiring reading the same conservative talking points over and over (attacks basically). It'd be different if those talking points were solutions or better ideas but for the last many years, that hasn't been the case.

Grifter likes this.
  20. Grifter

Bluh?

This.

21. Grifter

Bluh?

As it's tiring reading how great the liberal government is when in your own personal opinion, you believe it to be untrue. :shrug2:

22. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Please show me the thread and/or posts going on about how great the Liberal/Trudeau government is that has your back up? There are a few, "he's done a pretty good job with the pandemic, especially when compared to the US", and that's probably about it? More criticism for not following through on things like electoral reform, etc.

23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Hardly anyone here tooting the governments horn. I believe 'satisfactory' is about as pro current government we got.

Wayne likes this.
  24. 17

teenage dirtbag

He’s like a gas station bathroom. You don’t want to use it, you’re not excited to do so and you really don’t wanna tell anyone you did but what’s the alternative

Wayne, Matt30 and Grifter like this.
  25. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That about sums it up lol

Grifter likes this.
  26. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

That undeniable pro liberal commentary is why you get labeled as far left!

27. 17

teenage dirtbag

Have you heard about our lord and saviour, bitchute?

28. Grifter

Bluh?

I'd hardly say my back is up dude. I'm sure I can dig up a few praise comments.

29. Grifter

Bluh?

Maybe my comment of "how great the government is" was poor. But I'm more referring to satisfactory. When I don't think it's been satisfactory is all. But, also mainly meant to point out we are all entitled to our own views? KMD got the mild mannered rundown for letting his comment veer of course and was viewed as attacking Trudeau. When I didn't really interpret it as such, just found it as a sarcastic turn and reference to what, well, Trudeau has done! :lol:. Just wanted to point out that as soon as he did that, he got put down. That's all. :shrug2:

30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah but he's been doing it since he signed up

31. KMD

KMD

Dude I signed up in 2004 :lol: But was just reborn here while on a wild Redit political trip.

Do you not like the political commentary that I provide I thought I was providing a center right type vibe here that might help you guys unwind and provide a different point of view from the rest of the flock, a few of you always seem so uptight.
    HairyAssHairyAss seems to have mellowed out a little bit and I am glad to see that, but there are still some here that really need to unblock their chakras.

Grifter likes this.
  32. Scott

rawr

33. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Perhaps "back is up" was the wrong term.

There seem to be 2 groups here:

1. Card carrying Conservatives.
    2. Non-partisan folks who happened to vote for JT.

AFAIK, there aren't any card carrying Liberals in the crowd. I know myself, Boots, and I believe 17 have all stated on different occasions that we'd happily vote for a good leader on the Conservatives should one show up. Scheer was not going to be it so, for me anyway, my vote went to JT. Am I happy with what he's done? With some stuff, yes - wither other stuff, no. Boots point above - not happy with what he's done, show how the Conservatives would have done it better. You (and KMDKMD ) seem to assume that the Conservatives would have done better but no discussion as to how. If you showed that and it corroborated assertions that O'Toole is a good leader, I'd take a closer look. So far, though... just a bunch of complaining about JT and most of the news I see about O'Toole has not been that positive.

34. Scott

rawr

Long time Peter Mackay voter

35. Wayne

I voted PC many times, would again if the right leader/platform was there...albeit I lean towards liberal economic, environmental, and social policies these days.