1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone familiar with Macs?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by BlackFire, Feb 5, 2022.

1. BlackFire

BlackFire
    [OP]
    Professional napper

I've got an older iMac (2007) that I was going to reinstall the O/S fresh but I messed it up. I should have downloaded the install files and created a bootable install USB before the drive was wiped but I didn't. I thought the system would would still be able to do the install but it isn't able to connect with the apple server when it attempts to install the OS.

I am trying to reinstall High Sierra which is the last OS that that model can run. I have another MAC but am unable to download the install package for High Sierra even through it's still available in the Apple store. It's not compatible with the system I was using to attempt to download the package so the button to get the download is greyed out.

Does anyone out there know of a link to download the High Sierra OS without going through the apple store? I have downloaded the previous OS "Sierra" but don't have the instructions for creating a bootable install USB for that particular OS.