Anyone else rearing to go?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by AcidGord, Mar 22, 2004.

1. AcidGord

AcidGord
    [OP]

[​IMG]
    ITR Tein NAs (Properly height adjusted this time), GSR Sway Bar, new front ball joints, new Metal Master pads all around (with spares), new Brembo rotors, new master cylinder, (DAMN my brakes sucked last year. :) ), and some ugly/heavy but dirt cheap 14x6's for the fresh R-Compounds. (Probably Yoko A032R Softs)

2. DC5-S

If you go, go balls deep

I'm set to go, but with less parts than you!! ...but I've got my assortment of exciting things lined up.

And why are you getting yokos? If I was buying new, I'd get some of the old school Kumho's. But since I got a smokin deal, i'm a Toyo man....on the street and on the track!

3. Eisenflower

I guess you could say I have a few parts sitting in the basement for this upcoming season. :crazy:

4. AcidGord

AcidGord
    [OP]

Jon: I asked around quite a bit before deciding and the Yoks just make more sense. They deal better with cooler days like we have for pretty much half our season and they're great in the rain, plus they're cheaper. They only fall short of the Kumhos when used on track or long runs that really heat up the rubber which is pretty much just Slemon for us.

Kumhos seem to be hit or miss from general opinion, there's good batches and bad, good compunds and bad within the same models, some wear really well and grip until they're corded, others are greasy the second they're broken in. Not to say they aren't a great tire when they work right. At this point in my driving I don't really think it matters one way or the other. :)

5. pmachan

I will be ready, most stuff on my car is unchanged.
    Same supa stiff race springs that destroy the interior, with AGX's, same 22mm GC rear bar (but it will have new control arms with different bar mount positions, with Heim joints, and new delrin bushings), new front lower C arm bushings.
    Same old tired motor, noisy tranny and the car is lighter with the rapid spreading of rust..
    Hopefuly I can break into the 1:21's at AMP... :crazy:

Vetta has LOTS of changes. New Richmond gear rear end, completely new front end, we made an entire new nose section for the car, new carriage, had to re mount the rad, coolers, everything in the front everything made by us, from scratch. New brake ducting, new master cylinders, calipers, new fuel safe cell. I just ordered some shock parts, I want to change the valving a bit, needs WAY more low speed bleed. Since I am the only driver now, we are going to make a seat mould for my skinny ass, no more sliding around after a couple laps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. AcidGord

AcidGord
    [OP]

Damn Paul, you going to be running in DSP too?

7. pmachan

I was in DSP last year the one time I ran my own car. I may run Cmod though, I may run 13" slicks. I wrecked a V700 at AMP last oct, so I may cheap out and run the slicks that I have.