1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one heard of this site : http://www.downloadshield.com/

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by wade, Sep 15, 2004.

1. wade

wade
    [OP]

Right now i'm using bit torrent and do not have Mirc. Just wondering if anyone has heard of the site and if it would be worth paying for faster and easier downloads

2. ingress

_

paying ??? :wtf:

3. wade

wade
    [OP]

That's why i'm asking if it's worth it or not. 20$ U.S. for one year for Unlimited downloads. In the FAQ it says it takes it about one hour to 2 hours to download. I just tired of waiting for like 3 days to get a movie off bit torrent.

4. ingress

_

that is crazy shit who is your internet provider?

have you tried torrentbits.org ?

I have pulled full movies off there overnight

5. Rizzle

Habs>Leafs

i would never pay to download shit

6. Cody

Looks like a scam to me, they can't actually be hosting any content because they'd get their asses sued into the next life. And they can't really offer any faster downloads if they're not hosting the content. My bet is they're a torrent search engine that crawls all the major torrent download sites and then they offer up the results. There's a free version of that already called bittorrentsearch.

As for bittorrent speeds, if you're behind a home NAT router (like a linksys or dlink etc) or use any software firewall products make sure you have ports 6881-6889 open or forwarded to your PC. Otherwise your bittorrent downloads will drag on forever. Here's more info on getting bittorrent to work with NAT and firewalls: http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/25.html

7. Driverwanted

Carpetsloth - do you find that those ports function on the local telco's networks ?