Any Idea WTF?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Lowvez, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

Hey Guys,

Any idea why the hell my CPU usage goes up to 100% every 5 or 6 seconds, stays at 100% for like 1 seconds...then goes back down to like <2%?

I was thinking i might have a virus, but the detector isn't picking up anything...i check in windows task manager under processes and this process is what is causing it:

System Idle Process with about 20k Memory Usage.

any idea what's going on? Oh yah, and i tried to close out this process and then i got the "NT Authority/System" message saying my computer was going to be shut down in 50 seconds or so...please help, this is fucking up my gaming hardcore..

2. Dural

Insert something witty

:slap: If the "System Idle Process" is high that means that nothing is happening on your PC, that process always has 20k of memory taken up.

This is not the source of your problem.

3. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

for some reason that "System Idle Process" is using up 98% of the CPU...like, right now i'm doing nothing, and my CPU usage % is at 100 and it's running like a bag of hammers...and now when i play warcraft 3 it goes choppy like every 2 seconds...i don't know WTF is up with this!

4. nb132

Drunk Batman hates you

your system idle process should be aroun 98% while your system is idle...however u may try ctrl-esc out of the game you're playing and checking the processes resources then.
    i'm assuming you've allreaady updated all he req'd drivers?

5. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

hey man, i don't know WTF is up then because my computer spent 8 hours straight yesterday at 100% CPU Usage...and this is while i was at work...?

Probably adware and shit...anywho...thanks guys..

6. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

Actually guys...i'm an idiot...the system idle process is showing 98% when the CPU usage is showing 2%...so...here are the things that go up and down alot...

systems.exe 52%
    syscfg32.exe 40%
    svchost.exe ...

Anywho, it's pissing me off and there is a CONSTANT transfer of data over the internet...so i'm gonna reformat i think...unless you guys can think of another way...

Any ideas?

7. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

8. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

9. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

I'd say you got some trojans/backdoors lurking in your system. Your CPU probably goes up when the hackers on irc are exploiting your system :lol:

10. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

Christ Lowvez,got some viruses don't you.LOL
    What are you running for antivirus?

Oh and on a side note,this is something you wrote in another thread
    "Crash wrote:
    nah my AMD 2200+ ran without fans for a good minute before I realized what was going on, and it works fine to this day..8 months later..

Yah man for real...i think all these people with AMD problems are just noobs...or they just rushed their job."

Whose the noob now,the problem you have is quite an easy one if you do a little bit of research.Just a search online for the two "strange" processes would have found you the answer. Not trying to be a dick,just find it funny how people call others noobs when in reality,none of us know everything and we learn something new everyday.
    Well,hope you get it all fixed up.

11. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

I didn't write the thing about the 2200+...just the noobs thing and rushed their job...

I tried closing the processes to find out if they were viruses, but then when i did the ssytem shutdown because they were required processes...then i just asked if anyone knew of any viruses involving those processes...so i'm not really a noob with it...i just didn't look it up myself :x

Bah well...just going to format...easiest way to go IMO...see you guys on the other side...

12. Shafft

RC-OG

deffinately a trojan if your network activity is 100%

13. Lowvez

Lowvez
    [OP]

yah...i was getting pretty pissed...bah well...all good to go now!! and everything is fast as hell!