All most done :)

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by raven, May 6, 2004.

1. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

I just dropped the car off at the exhaust shop. They won't be able to get to it till Saturday but it should be ready sometime Saturday afternoon. I can't wait. You should of seen the look on the mechanics faces when I drove it off the flat deck and popped the hood...it was priceless. :)

We also picked up a 97 Olds 88 LSS with the S/C 3800 in it yesterday and Double Z is starting that swap into a 98 cavalier next week. That should be on the road sometime in June. If anyone wants to check out the swap first hand stop by the shop and check it out.

2. raven

raven
    [OP]
    Raven Autosports

I had the new exhaust system installed the other day. I had a new downpipe made up with 2.5" pipe back to a new high flow cat. 2.5" pipe going back to a new y-pipe and then out to 2 40 series flowmaster mufflers. I only got to drive the car back from the exhaust shop (more on this later). The car sounds awsome, I love it. It is a cross between an old camero and a new mustang GT. We tried it with-out the cat at first and it was just too loud for everyday street driving. It is actaully pretty quiet at idle but when you come on to it is still very loud. Before the exhaust went on the o2 sensor was reading lean on the scanner and my gauge. I haven't scanned it yet (Monday) but the gauge wasen't showing lean on the way home so I think I might of fixed that issue, hopefully it fixed my timing issues too.

I couldn't really drive it very hard on the way back to the shop. The first test drive caused the engine to move back about 2mm and the axle was rubbing up against the oil filter everytime I turned right. I would get about 4 kms and the oil filter would let go. It took three filters to get back to the shop. In between jacking the car up and changing the filter I got to drive. The car feels great to drive, coming onto the highway I can merge up to 100kms by barely touching the gas. I was in fourth gear at 100kms and I gave it about 1/2 throtle and saw 4-5psi on the boost gauge and it pulled really well. It felt about the same as my old 2.4 on the bottle (100 shot) on the butt dyno but we all know that doesn't mean anything.

I have two options now with the oil filter. I can get a relocation kit or make my own. I am going to try on Monday to fab something up with the original filter housing. Once I get this stupid little issue out of the way I can go and really play. I should have some video up soon.

3. LMAC

_

can't wait to see the video

4. billybob

The Schooner, the better.

:werd:

5. Trites

Sgt. Hartman

this car is gonna be sick....