The More You Know: Alert Ready being tested next Wednesday, November 28

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by C. Mike Hunt, Nov 19, 2018.

1. C. Mike Hunt

https://www.canada.ca/en/radio-tele...istributed-in-canada-on-november-28-2018.html

News release
    November 19, 2018 – Ottawa-Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)

On November 28, provincial emergency management organizations will conduct public alerting tests across Canada. As such, test alerts should appear on every updated and compatible mobile device connected to an LTE (long-term evolution) wireless network in participating provinces and territories. The test alerts will be simultaneously distributed on radio and television.

To assist the various alerting stakeholders in ensuring that there are no outstanding issues with the system, the CRTC recently required wireless service providers to distribute all additional wireless test alerts that provincial emergency management organizations issue.

The alert messages will be identified as test alerts and will not require Canadians to take action. They will be sent out according to the following schedule:

All province and territories (with the exception of Quebec)

November 28, 2018 1:55 pm local time

Quebec

November 28, 2018 2:55 pm local time

RoryTate, Dewie, Boots and 1 other person like this.
  2. Michael

Hole digger

Scared the fuck out of me. I was driving and it palyed through the stereo.

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

lol that would be startling

4. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Same here. But I see you being startled and raise you being stopped next to a cop at an intersection and not wanting to reach to turn it off....on two phones .