1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking News Active shooter in Portapique/Glenholme

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by C. Mike Hunt, Apr 19, 2020.

1. KLD

KLD

2. C. Mike Hunt

I've thought the same thing. If it was an abusive relationship, there was most likely some coercion taking place.

3. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Entirely possible yep. Makes you wonder though, if this was the case, would the police have charged her?

4. Scott

rawr

tons of pushback because she was charged from the public. Victim blaming, etc.

5. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Makes you wonder if they know something we don't know

6. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

First offense 3-10yrs, second or subsequent offense 5-10yrs. They look at ammunition the same as an actual firearm. That's the weird thing. This is no joke of a charge for someone who is supposedly a victim in the case.

7. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I don't think there is any question that's she's a victim in this. I'm assuming he didn't tell her why he wanted it.

8. C. Mike Hunt

9. C. Mike Hunt

That's if they proceed by way of indictment.

upload_2020-12-6_19-13-44.png

10. C. Mike Hunt

11. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

chainsaw, KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  12. C. Mike Hunt

And check out their reaction (posted nowhere but social media, of course)

(note, unless you want to play bootlicker bingo, don't read the FB comments)

Statement from the Commanding Officer
    Last evening, a local magazine published a story about the incidents on April 18 and 19, 2020, in central Nova Scotia. The article included audio recordings of 911 calls from some of the victims. Publishing the audio recordings demonstrate a disgraceful disregard for the victims and their families. This publication has chosen to make public the darkest time in these families’ lives, with no regard for how it must feel to have to relive that tragedy in the public eye.
    We have spoken to victims’ families through our family liaison, and are assuring them that we will be investigating the source of the recordings and any related offences that may have occurred with respect to unauthorized release, possession and subsequent publishing.
    Although we would not generally comment on matters that are the subject of a public inquiry and ongoing litigation, given the heartbreaking effect on victims’ families and on our employees, we are publicly condemning the publication of the audio recordings.
    The RCMP supports the independent Mass Casualty Commission in its mandate to provide a full and impartial accounting of what happened in a manner that is compassionate towards victims’ families who have lived through a level of trauma that most of us will never understand.
    The RCMP is cooperating fully with the Inquiry and providing materials to the Commission on an ongoing basis to support it in its mandate to examine the incidents and provide meaningful recommendations to help protect Canadians in the future.
    To review all of the information the RCMP has released publicly about the incidents on April 18 and 19, 2020, visit https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/ns/operation-h-strong.
    Sincerely,
    Asst. Commissioner Lee Bergerman
    Commanding Officer, Nova Scotia RCMP

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    KMD likes this.
  13. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Hope they have a good statement when it's officially public that they could have dropped a warning on every cell phone in Nova Scotia about a shooter in a police cruiser and they didn't. How many of those victims wouldn't have been murdered?

chainsaw and KMD like this.
  14. tribeachpunk

RCMP brass are experts on demonstrating a disgraceful disregard for victims and their families, so they know it when they see it...

And yeah, those comments, bootlicker central..

KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  15. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

16. C. Mike Hunt

17. C. Mike Hunt

Grifter likes this.
  18. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

That one is awfully hard to prove. All he had to do was gesture in a threatening manner towards the police and they'd be within their right to blast him. He has already murdered 22 people including a cop.

19. C. Mike Hunt

Gotta read the whole article, and compare it to what we've been hearing all along.

20. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah it doesn't line up with the police story of events but I mean the shooting didn't seem like an execution to me.

Grifter likes this.
  21. Grifter

Bluh?

I'm fine with the shooting considering he WAS armed and had proven 22 times he'd kill. :shrug2:

Does the story seem to have some "errors" and "omitions"? Hells yeah.

22. 17

teenage dirtbag

Gonna put in my tinfoil hat here but I’m convinced he was an rcmp asset.

they knew he had guns, they knew he was dealing in something illegal and I bet they knew he had a car and fascination with cops/ killing cops. He flipped out and went on a rampage, they tried to keep the cruiser he was driving close to the chest snd intercept him on the way but he went to Wentworth which is off the route they planned for him to take and it fucked up their “dragnet”. I believe they had a shoot on sight order for him which is why the Onslow fire station got shot up, and I believe they ID’ed him at the Petro, radioed it in for confirmation and the order still held up.

he 100% was executed by the police. He worked with them, they knew all his shady shit and let it slide to get info on whatever, and they executed him to shut him up. There have been way too many blatant lies from the RCMP to chock this up to general incompetence, and now it’s a cover up.

KMD and Grifter like this.
  23. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Based on everything I've read/listened to on this so far, I'm leaning more towards the RCMP just having no clue what they were doing :o

Grifter, KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  24. tribeachpunk

This public inquiry is gonna be RCMP on trial

Grifter, KMD and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  25. Grifter

Bluh?

Fair statement actually. May seem wrong to others or to even say they didn't know what they were doing, but I stand with you. Not to compare horrifying incidents; but only real thing to compare it to that comes to mind is Moncton. That one got chalked up to inexperience and ill equipped officers. They came to an assault rifle fight with pistols and minimal body armour and training. Portopique(so?) seems to have been bumbled from the get go and sure they eventually got the SIRT rolling but those guys likely aren't that experienced at being SIRT and got a little trigger happy. They even failed to alert the public to the proper levels. When they found him, he was literally standing right fucking next to them! Do we really expect them to miss him at every turn because he changed cars? Shouldn't we be better than that? Anyway, Would I have put him down if I had the chance as an rcmp guy? You can damned well bet I would have, but by the rule of law (whether you agree with it or not, that's the code they are expected to follow, so to speak) they didn't follow the book on taking him down. Again, sure I'd likely have done the same, but that doesn't make it "right". Which further proves my point... Inexperienced.

That being said, this is in small town Nova Scotia. Not fucking Toronto or some other hotbed of shootings and crimes. Could we really expect to have the "front line" officers at our beck and call? Food for thought.

C. Mike Hunt likes this.
  26. C. Mike Hunt

Should probably post this: SIRT report.pdf

Also, I think you're confusing SIRT with ERT. (not trying to argue/be rude, just pointing it out)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  27. Grifter

Bluh?

Definitely did. I'm going to cry and report your post.

:lol:

Scott likes this.
  28. C. Mike Hunt

Hey, I'm trying to play nice here :lol:

Reminds me of the Moncton shootings when they captured JB. One of the officers said, "Every one of us wanted to kill him, deeply. But we aren’t killers; we’re cops.” I respected than then and I respect it now.

Grifter likes this.
  29. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

When a paper starts with a premise and then searches for facts to support it, you have to be damn careful before drawing conclusions.

Grifter likes this.
  30. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

If you listen to their radio talk during the event, it's clear they didn't seem to know what was going on. I mean, technically we shouldn't even be able to hear their radio talk but they were having communication issues and used open channels instead of their normal encrypted ones. There's about 15 minutes of talk between officers trying to find a car that was reported to be 'flashing it's lights' and they couldn't find the street... which can be easily found on google maps in 10 seconds.

31. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

I was more referring to Frank Magazine. I’ve listened to 13hrs as it was released 90% is very accurate an unbiased but none of it takes hindsight into account.

Nick84 likes this.
  32. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

Yeah that was more a random thought than anything related to your comment. Definitely easier to look back on the situation after the fact and judge it but many mistakes were made. Why wasn't there any air assets? Helicopter out for service.. I get it... you couldn't find a drone with a FLIR camera anywhere? Military chopper with a spotlight?

Grifter likes this.
  33. Scott

rawr

34. 17

teenage dirtbag

chainsaw, Scott and C. Mike Hunt like this.
  35. Arod

Unfortunately the process of getting use of a tac hel would make that very difficult.

Unless you training consistently for a situation like this it is going to be difficult to execute efficiently and command really let the officers on the ground down. Communication was absolute shit and coordination was non existent.