Breaking News Active shooter in Portapique/Glenholme

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by C. Mike Hunt, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

If it was easy, anybody could do it. You're the chosen one.

2. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

It went from the shooting situation to a gun control discussion to Boing trying to convince us that we are on the road to concentration camps in an attempt to create the the perfect race :lol:

LMAC likes this.
  3. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Yep, those damn liberals. They are know for their intolerance.

4. Grifter

Bluh?

Good post. Yeah I haven't done any actual research into it yet and have just heard about it and seen some stuff online nothing I would hold as a "confirmed source" but agree with what you are saying completely.

5. Grifter

Bluh?

Ummm.... You forgot aryan.

6. 17

teenage dirtbag

Yeah I’m done engaging with your psycho nonsense babble, and it’s also shitty of you to bring his kids into a debate after posting months ago about their behaviour problems.
    No wonder no one shares anything anymore on here.

7. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Hahahahahaha.

GrifterGrifter - your post is exactly what I was trying to make the point to boing about - there may be *something* to be upset about here but it isn’t about assuming Trudeau is taking away our guns so the Liberals can control us later without us being able to fight back.

CheddarCheddar - Good post, agreed that is what happens.

As for boing bringing my kids into this - go for it as long as it stays on this forum. I mean, seriously, fuck you, boing, but whatever. It’s obvious you don’t have a real argument to make and are just really upset if that’s where you’re going.

To bring your comment about them around to gun control, though. One of the reasons we’re considering leaving the US is because we can’t stand the lack of gun control laws here, especially when it comes to things like school shootings. March 2020 was the first time since 2002 there wasn’t a school shooting in the US. But, hey... “don’t touch my guns. I like to shoot them for fun.” For sure - you having fun is *much* more important than the safety of my kids.

Grifter likes this.
  8. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

People seem to forget that canada doesn't have a 2nd amendment and our allowance to own guns as never been for protection against a tyrannical government. As far as I know, our laws have never offered any protection against that sort of thing. So if you want to complain about not being able to do three gun or hunt, fair point, but if your concerned that being disarmed means you can't stand up to the government, I stand to be corrected, but I don't believe that right ever existed. If that's why you were collecting guns, it makes sense for people to be concerned about you.

Top Gun and HairyAss like this.
  9. boing

Banned

Good morning from the Blue West
    Moonbat mentioned gay marriage and beastealaty in his rant. Personally have nothing against the gay community or gay rights.

I did mention Germany and it was about gun control it had nothing to do with race or concentration camps you all went there. I could probably get bonus points from the Fuhrer if I turned in my First Nation wife.
    I know that they go hand in hand and I should have used Stalin or even more recent Hugo Chavez would be the best and most accurate to have used instead.
    Here is a good article on Chavez and Venezuela
    https://fee.org/articles/gun-control-preceded-the-tyranny-in-venezuela/

And Moonbat until you move back to #Canada go see your pharmacist and pick up some of these you really need some. TRUMP#2020
    [​IMG]

10. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Sorry dude, but you don't get it both ways. If you are going to paint everyone with a single liberal brush, that only leaves one brush for anyone with a conservative mindset.

11. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

boingboing - if you want to talk with adults, try understanding hard words like “analogy” and what they mean. I was not saying you were against gay rights. I was using some of the arguments people made against gay marriage as an *analogy* to the ridiculousness of your argument comparing gun control to Nazi Germany.

12. boing

Banned

Talk about talking with adults mister getting all bent out of shape over a President and condemns me because I do the same about the Prime Minister here good job Hypocriet. Adult :lol: you don't see me planning on packing up my family and moving to the US you are just deranged and should seek help.
    Blah blah blah I know what you said about the gay marriage and understand what you mean but it was cheese nuts that said I was not supporting gay rights when I never said anything about it just mentioned your comment.

13. boing

Banned

So if I am a conservative I can't support gay rights and be a responsible gun owner?
    I want to make sure I get this all right for my next clan meeting?
    will my wife be able to show up?

14. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Can someone be a liberal and not support stricter gun laws? Can someone support a certain liberal policy and not be labeled as a library?
    Again, you painted all liberals with one brush. You also used that brush to decide that anyone that supported more strict gun control as a liberal. You were the one that decided that it was all or nothing. You can't have it both ways. If you want to say that anyone that supports gun control is a stupid liberal, and any liberal is someone that supports everything that Trudeau does, then you have to accept the assumption that anyone who doesn't want stricter gun controk is a conservative and therefore supports everything Scheer does. He is against gay marriage therefore if you voted conservative that means you feel the same way. Either accept that there are values that lie between all red and all blue or don't. You don't get it both ways.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  15. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Note to self: Buy boing a dictionary so he can understand the meaning of words like hypocrite (spelling notwithstanding).

16. 17

teenage dirtbag

Oh hes a trump supporter.
    That explains why he couldn’t spell a big word like beastiality and hypocrite.

17. boing

Banned

Big Smile then "hand in the air" you now make the rules that's great I will make sure to check with you do you have a hotline I can check in with if I ever have any ethic or moral political questions?

Now the #Spellin police come out that's great :lol:
    What next #Grammer and yes that er is on purpose.
    Or are you going to call me a Racist? :lol:

18. Cheddar

Red is the New Green

Dude, you're off your rocker.

boing likes this.
  19. boing

Banned

No I am not, I don't follow US politics very closely at all but when I know someone has trump derangement I will take full advantage of it and post some shit to get them going and Moonbat has full on trump derangement.
    And a gun owner

20. Wayne

This thread is a mess...but entertaining.

21. Boots

www.reality-check.ca

All I can bet is that boing's facebook feed is the thing nightmares are made of :rofl:

22. boing

Banned

Oh and you are a raving lunatic if you think your trolling is effective

23. boing

Banned

Not really lots of dog videos & memes but it depends on what is happening in Canadian politics, right now it has some gun stuff :lol: I can look you up?
    My twitter is the one you want to avoid.
    I am retired now so I have a lot of time on my hands and trolling some people on line at times leads me down some rabbit holes and HA is such an easy target. I try to only do this in the morning and go to my shop in the afternoon and get some therapy in.

24. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

Wow, you sure did get me boing! Is my face ever red!!!

25. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

My favorite part of this epic troll is when he tricked me into admitting that I’m not a fan of Trump. Whoah! Is my face red!!!!

26. boing

Banned

See bait taken hook line and sinker.
    Are you one of those people that gets all angry when you see someone wearing a MEGA hat any trump supporting memorabilia like a t shirt or bumper-stickers?
    Got all your Creepy Joe stuff ready for November, that's going to be a real battle if Joe remembers to show up?

27. David Puddy

yeah, that's right

x2

28. HairyAss

Cheese on Toast

boingboing - Maybe instead of trying to troll people online, you should get a real hobby. I hear target shooting is fun!

Wait... too soon?

Gerald likes this.
  29. boing

Banned

Oh I have hobbies like I mentioned earlier I go to my shop in the afternoon for therapy and it's also my hobby. Building this out of a leaf spring for my wife now it's almost done now that's why I am inside more and have more time to spend with you <3
    [​IMG]

And I have 2 guns, I think, now that I can't shoot so I still have Ooooh about 40 or so that I can still shoot so ya I am okay how are you?

RoryTate likes this.
  30. Scott

rawr

Minister Bill Blair posted the following message on his Facebook page saying that’s not true and he will be reaching out to the CSAAA, “Earlier today, the Canadian Shooting Sports Association issued a statement alleging that our government is banning 12 and 10 gauge shotguns. This is absolutely incorrect and we will be reaching out to them to correct their misunderstanding. Both 10 and 12 gauge shotguns are under the 20mm provision, and thus not subject to the prohibition. Our government is taking action to protect Canadians by banning assault-style weapons – not those used for hunting. The truth matters.

Boots likes this.
  31. boing

Banned

Ya but if you follow the word of the law they are over 20mm in bore size and that makes them a prohib.
    The law is poorly written and very sloppy. Hell they have banned nerf guns and one of Black Rifle Coffee Canada's blends.

THE TRUTH MATTERS :lol:

32. tribeachpunk

Our retail association has advised dealers to stop selling 12ga shotguns. The opinion is courtesy of Ed Burlew, so it certainly isn't without merit. It appears that in their haste to ban scary look and scary name firearms, they accidentally banned 12ga shotguns with removable chokes, and 10ga outright. It is clearly written in the OIC that 20mm or larger is prohib. Most 12ga seem to be about 20.5mm with the choke removed. Bill Blair can say what he wants about these shotguns, but people can and will be prosecuted for them in the future if this isn't addressed by amending the OIC or in future legislation or some other avenue I don't know about.

These regulations are sloppy, appear thrown together, something probably a product of the lack of open debate that comes with an Order In Council.. Maybe if this were legislation it would be done properly, but this was knee jerk, done during a pandemic, on the heels of a tragedy when emotions are at their highest.. Maybe next round of legislation, or OIC regulation, will tackle smugglers and gangbangers in the big cities where they'd benefit immensely by having billion dollars injected for policing, poverty reduction, addiction.. the root causes of all violence, the hard stuff to tackle..

http://e2574.ca/
    http://e2576.ca/

chainsaw, Nick84, boing and 1 other person like this.
  33. Scott

rawr

I thought this was put together a while ago. Just pushed though as of late. I'm sure I read something official that said 2018 or 19 on it.

34. tribeachpunk

If they've been working on this for years and couldn't bring forward legislation before, and have put forth these sloppy regulations now as an OIC, that's even worse.

chainsaw likes this.
  35. boing

Banned

But I am a crazy ravin lunatic:loco::finger4:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2020