1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Integra Info?

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Scott, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Brother got a 93 Integra RS. 5speed. Where can i get some info on these cars? Motor type and such? Hp #s and all that junk.

2. LMAC

_

1.8 DOHC, i think 140hp dont know the tq, try google that will have it for sure

3. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Thanks!

I take it these cars dont have Vtec do they?

4. alienc

There is lots of information on this site specifically for G2 Integras:

http://www.g2ic.com

Good choice on the 5-spd, the Autos really do suck... believe me I drive one.

The only model that had VTEC was the 92-93 GS-R models, and they are pretty hard to find. You can swap in lots of different motors in these cars though.

5. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Cool..it was my aunts car. A hand me down. Needs some body work, and new exhaust, but other then that, works great! Although i hate the shifter! Seems like its in neutral in every gear! But seems peppy!

Whats with the headlights though? You have regular, high beam, then you have that switch on the dash that turns on the inner lamps. What are the inner lamps? Not fog lights..just extra headlights?

6. alienc

It's the Fog Lights. There are in a real bad place (to use all the time). You get flashed by everyone who think your high beams are on. I don't even use them most of the time.

Your issues above are typical for those cars, they rust around the rear fenders and on the trunk (or hatch) lid. I got all that fixed and got the car re-painted.

I don't know about the shifter, depending on the mileage it might just be worn out. As long as it doesn't grind when going between gears (especially 1-2) then it is still in good shape.

The cam seals leak if they haven't been replaced before so if you open the hood and see oil on the left side of the engine block that is what it is from.

Personally I like the look of but hate pretty much everything else about the frameless windows. They don't seal right and can be hard to open in the winter if the glass freezes to the rubber seal.

I can imagine that with a 5-spd they are pretty peppy, with an Auto they only come alive about 4k or so.

7. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Cool. Yeah it shifts real smooth, just feels loose. Dunno, used to the notchy shifter in my stang. When its in gear, you cant move the shifter!

Yeah the rear hatch is rusted as well as some of the fenders and gas door.

Id say put some vasaline on the rubbers in the winter to keep the glass from sticking.

Yea, not a bad car at all! And totally stock!

8. wylderhoads

BLS

Hey the only integra site that's worth being a member of is www.team-integra.net If you want an informative site with none of the immature doings of the other sites join there. They have so much information on there it's unreal... It soon will be your new home! Trust me...

9. wylderhoads

BLS

By the way your engine is a B18A1... 1.8L 16 Valve dohc.

140 hp @ 6300 rpm
    126 @ 5000 rpm torque
    Displacement is 1834cc
    Compression ratio is 9.2:1

Theres some engine specs for you...

10. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Thanks!

11. JBI

JBI
    tight hole stimulator

The shifter problem is most likley a bad bushing on the bottom of the shifter,they are pretty cheap threw the dealer (15-20 bucks) and easy to put on.

12. Scott

Scott
    [OP]
    rawr

Cool..i'll look into it! Thanks!
    The biggest thing right now is new exhaust..the current Cat Converter is held on with wire! lol