1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Dodge Durango

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by Boots, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

is my rental here in edmonton.... I must say I kinda like driving it :oops: (I'm not paying to fill the tank :lol:) It's big, you feel like your the king of the road, it has a 6 disc in dash infinity mp3 sound system, it's loaded minus the hemi.

I can see why people buy SUV's .. if you have the cash to fuel them, they aren't all that bad to roll in!

2. John Doe

Except they handle like shit, are low quality, and look like they have Downs....

3. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

I don't think it looks too bad at all (aside from the rear tails). It's also not mean to be a handling vehicle. It will handle fine in the snow in 4x4 and thats all that matters. As for quality, well it's american so that goes without saying... (leather or pleather? :lol:) it's definetly liveable though as far as as SUV goes.

4. ChristopherClarke

take one actually off raod and see how quickly it bottoms out and you tear something off the damn thing

5. asmd

SUV's are now a status symbol, c'mon, you think they are designed with off roading in mind? There is only one vehicle that as of recently you could buy that would handle true 4x4 duty straight from the factory, but I believe they stopped making it.

Does the Durango have the 5.7L? :wink:

6. midden

I LIKE TO EAT MITTENS

my dad just bought one of the left over brand new 2003's
    pics later!
    he loves it.

7. Boots

Boots
    [OP]
    www.reality-check.ca

:lol: What kind of moron would take a 2005 SUV off road :rofl:

8. wylderhoads

BLS

Drove one at a detailing show and test run I worked at for some big leagues.... I liked...

9. Eisenflower

Don't really like the looks of the new Durango's, but :cool: car for a rental. Better then the grand prix and sebring POS that I had for the past 2 weeks! :mad:

10. Shafft

RC-OG

2003 style > 2005.. but hemi > magnum

and as far as off roading goes I bet the new durango is pretty tough.

11. John Doe

What kind of moron would buy a 2005 4x4 vehicle with high ground clearance rather than a more efficent and better handling AWD CAR alternative if they weren't going to take it off road?!

Oh, the average moron.

12. Eisenflower

A moron that likes to sit up higher in the air. Some people just like SUV's, even if they are only going to use it for everyday city Driving. I can see why people like them, I love the feel of a truck/SUV to cruise around in, sitting higher up in the Air. I wouldn't own one as my everyday vehicle since I like a nice handling car, however I can understand why some do like them over a car.

13. John Doe

"sitting up higher in the air" and "seeing around traffic" are completely selfish reasons to own an SUV. They are taking up more space, they do more damage to other cars and pedestrians when involved in accidents, they cause insurance rates for smaller cars to go higher, they block EVERYONE ELSE'S VIEW when they 'sit up higher' like tools.. we're not talking about a king's fucking throne here, people should be more socially responsible and think about more than themselves. Not to mention they destroy the environment because they guzzle gas (my parents have two, they average 12mpg between them).

The whole "I like a commanding view of traffic" argument is bunk and bullshit because all they're doing is spoiling everone else's view.

14. shaun

Freedom 27

Or just a truck for that matter. I rented a F-350 Super Duty, crew cab, long box for my move last month.... It was soo much fun to drive! Massive, but fun to drive. Biggest vehicle I've ever driven, actually.

15. Eisenflower

:cry: So don't buy one, problem solved. Haven't you learned by now that people buy things that they like that suits their wants and needs, regardless if everyone else around them disliked it. It's the way things work in todays society.

16. John Doe

I'm not buying one, and I'm also not crying about anything. Nice insinuation, though.

Point is... other people are buying them and it is affecting me. I can't see around traffic, MY insurance rates are higher because of them.. and why? So they can feel safer in a vehicle that is actually less safe than the one I drive? It's purely selfish and idiotic... social responsibility is everyone's responsibility, not just some of ours.

I know how things work, which isn't how they should... so I speak out against them, which is what I'm doing right now. Learn the difference between that and your supposed accusations of crybabyism, which isn't what I do. :)

Oh and btw, it affects YOU and YOUR car also.. you should care, and if you don't... you're doing yourself a disservice.

17. Eisenflower

No need to prove your point to me. Did you forget the fact that I have 1'000'000 killowatt right hand drive headlamps in my car? I care nothing about other motorists, as long as i'm enjoying my personal driving experience. :)

18. John Doe

Well, yeah.. that's true. Sad, but true.

19. Eisenflower

I love that jam! :rockon: