13 year old steals bus

Discussion in 'Reality Check' started by ingress, Feb 24, 2009.

1. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

13-year-old joyrides in hot-wired Beijing bus
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING - A 13-year-old boy apparently hot-wired a public bus and took it on a joyride in downtown Beijing.

State media reports say he crashed it into a dozen vehicles in a scene witnesses likened to a blockbuster movie.

Xinhua News Agency says the student jumped into the driver's seat of city bus No. 404 while it was parked at a terminal, apparently started the bus without keys, and sped off while the driver was in the bathroom.

No one was hurt and it was unclear if the boy had been taken into custody.

Xinhua says he zigzagged through Sunday morning traffic in Beijing's eastern Chaoyang district, first hitting a car and a minibus.

When the driver of the car got out to talk to him, the teen reversed and crashed the bus into 10 parked vehicles, sending one crashing through the front of a clinic. He also knocked down two power poles.

"It was like watching a blockbuster movie when I saw the bus crashing into cars like a bulldozer," said Liu, a man who runs a shoe-repair stand near the scene of the crash.

Liu was having breakfast when he said the bus came charging toward him like a "dancing dragon," Xinhua said. "I threw my canteen and ran for my life."

The report did not give the boy's name and said police were still trying to reach his guardians.

2. ingress

ingress
    [OP]
    _

and is it only me who thinks that the bus that was missing was 404

3. Omerta

When I was in elementary and jr high I always dreamed of taking a school bus and tearing it up :lol:

4. thunder

my av is me

dancing dragon :kekeke: silly asians

5. unidentifiable

meow

hot-wiring a bus at 13? that's a little young. all i can imagine now is what they'll do to him after seeing that video on here of the theives from over there somewhere.

6. Canuck

:lol:

The driver radios back to HQ. "Error, 404 Bus Not Found"

7. JoeLouie

:pfft::pfft: