You have to commit for a year

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Phone:
    LG Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bnguitarman View Post
    Anyone know the details on the deal?
    commit to a bundle for a year, get a PS4, at the end of the year cancel, re-negotiate, whatever...

I wonder if since I currently only have internet I could get this deal
    V-TAK

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    keep in mind the ps4 doesn't ship until 4-6 weeks after install date so if you wanted it for launch its not happining. I just don't know if I can justify the extra $$$ per month over eastlink when I don't have any need or want for a home phone.
    "UPPER CUT TO THE HEAD MAKE UR JAW SHATTER LIKE U FELL OFF A TALL LADDER"

Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDizzle View Post
    keep in mind the ps4 doesn't ship until 4-6 weeks after install date so if you wanted it for launch its not happining. I just don't know if I can justify the extra $$$ per month over eastlink when I don't have any need or want for a home phone.
    I'm sure if anyone can, it's you.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yea i did. Signed up for the 159.99$ bundle. 109.99 for first 6 months.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    1 or 2 year commitment?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1yr

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    tried to sign up for 3 years but they wouldn't let me

n00b
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks,

I just noticed this interesting thread.
    I'm helping a friend in Halifax. His deals w/ Eastlink have run out and his bundle with them is $200 +.
    I live in Pic co and have heard about $99 "better" Fibre Op bundles locked for 3 years. I guess they are also offering them in NB and NF.

Other than the Oct PS4 offering- have any you you seen $99 3 yr Fibre Op deals, or any hot Eastlink Bundle deals in Metro, in Nov ?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got 'Better' for 109.99$ for 6 months with the ps4. 3 yrs would have been decent. But not on contract

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    I'm not sure about a 3 year deal, but I think they were giving out 42" LG TVs recently with the $99 bundles. I think the price was only for the first 3 or 6 months though, but don't quote me on that.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    I am usually willing to hear a guy out if he is polite, but is there a reason the bell guys pushing the fiber op door to door in apartments are so pushy? I really had no time to chat at the moment and he kept insisting it would only take a minute and pushing his new deal.

I used to be a Bell client for years and it ended badly. Felt mistreated(They were capping my download speeds even after I upgraded complaining about the speeds. I tend to torrent a hell of a lot), and switched to Eastlink for the past few years. Thus far I have had no problems with them and their customer service line, while lacking, was still far above Bell's.

Granted his was before Fiber Op.

I am the kind of person who is loyal if you give me a few years of good service. Last time I called eastlink and mentioned I had been offered a deal from bell to switch, they ended up giving me a deal of their own. Was not as cheap as bell's, but it was pretty good.

So can anyone tell me why I should make the switch? Yes it would save $30 a month for awhile, but Eastlink has been nothing but great to me for several years. Is Fiber Op that much better? has their customer service improved? Switching is always a huge hassle and I want to know why people think it is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafft View Post
    I was just like you, but competition is competition... Match or move on. They match price and they say channels but you don't get the movie network or all the on demand content for the year. And their speed is inferior By far.
    Ironically, I just switched to Bell finally.

I hated them for years from back when I had poor service(And their internet sucked and they obviously capped my downloads back in 2005). Switched to eastlink, never looked back. They have been coming by relentlessly every month with promos trying to get me to switch. I always resisted. Last time, eastlink offered me a comparable deal when i was wavering, but only for 6 months and I stayed to avoid the hassle.

But this time, Bell offered a free 42 inch LG TV, a 2nd box hookup free so I can have 2 TV's and the first 24 months = $119 per month with the best internet package and 150 free HD channels. Since I am currently paying like $160 per month with Eastlink, with only 1 box and roughly the same internet(I barely ever game anymore anyways because of the twins), and this way We can have a TV in our bedroom too.

The thing is, my 32 inch TV is now like 8 years old ad was never a great brand to begin with(Zellers bought), but it got me by. The speakers blew on it and I have a computer speaker system plugged in to get sound and it is not great. I am going to need to get a new one soon. I do not exactly have a lot of expendable income being the father of twins still learning the ropes lol. This way, my old TV goes in our bedroom and if it dies, so be it. Get a new TV and get to keep it even if I cancel after 12 months. Cancelling is not in my plans obviously. I hate the hassle of switching. But If bell is anything like Aliant was back in 2005, it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Hopefully, bell is better now than it was back then. I hear a few people complain, but I hear others say it is good now. Ill find out soon enough.

Edit. Anyone here want to give me advice? good idea, bad? Stories about switching?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Phone:
    LG Nexus 5
    no issues since switching to bell from eastlink for internet

dropped once for like 2 hours at 3am in the last year.....eastlink dropped all the fucking time
    V-TAK

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRA View Post
    no issues since switching to bell from eastlink for internet

dropped once for like 2 hours at 3am in the last year.....eastlink dropped all the fucking time
    I have never really had any problems with eastlink. Occasional drop once or twice a year.

When I was with aliant telecom way back in the day, the internet speeds were utter crap and downloading was capped even after upgrading. Customer service was awful and they tried to charge me or like 3 months after I cancelled. I am hoping the times have changed as this deal dragged me in after saying no for so long. Obviously the internet is better these days and there are no caps around here.

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Phone:
    Nexus 5
    any current promos with Bell going on?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    any current promos with Bell going on?
    In Halifax at least, I was offered 2 years, $119 for the fastest internet + 150 HD channels cable and a free LG 42 inch TV(Provided I stay with them at least a year, or I have to pay for it). Could have taken the slightly lower internet for $99 a month.

As I wrote above, the TV was kind of my buying point.

I have his number if you want it.
    Last edited by J0e Th0rnton; 07-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.

_
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Phone:
    Nexus 5
    Man they are really trying to get people from eastlink, In ont we get nothing lol

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Phone:
    Nexus 5
    In Halifax at least, I was offered 2 years, $119 for the fastest internet + 150 HD channels cable and a free LG 42 inch TV(Provided I stay with them at least a year, or I have to pay for it). Could have taken the slightly lower internet for $99 a month.

As I wrote above, the TV was kind of my buying point.

I have his number if you want it.
    Thanks. I'm not really in Halifax, so I'm not sure it would apply to my area. Are these reps you talk to or can you just call Bell Aliant straight up and ask?

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Thanks. I'm not really in Halifax, so I'm not sure it would apply to my area. Are these reps you talk to or can you just call Bell Aliant straight up and ask?
    I have no idea really. The guy was going door to door in my building and left his number for reference. i suspect it comes from the door to door guys since they give better deals than the website

Rep
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Phone:
    Nexus 5
    I have no idea really. The guy was going door to door in my building and left his number for reference. i suspect it comes from the door to door guys since they give better deals than the website
    makes sense.

I called Bell, got a pretty good offer, tweeted Eastlink I was leaving, they had someone call me, counter offered and I'm staying with Eastlink for now

Thread Information